• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are israelis welcome in the USA ?

Redbull

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Most americans hate Israel. They don't consider it an ally and think of it is a parasite that takes away their tax money without doing anything in return . So how can israelis move to the USA and become proud americans if americans simply reject them ? the UK is a major american ally hence british are more welcome in the USA by almost all americans. Israelis can never be considered "americans". Even if they live 30 years in the US and have an american citizenship , they're still israelis.

camel19_.jpg

Most americans hate Israel. They don't consider it an ally and think of it is a parasite that takes away their tax money without doing anything in return . So how can israelis move to the USA and become proud americans if americans simply reject them ? the UK is a major american ally hence british are more welcome in the USA by almost all americans. Israelis can never be considered "americans". Even if they live 30 years in the US and have an american citizenship , they're still israelis.

I'm willing to trade you for 3 Israeli's right now.

Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

most Americans hate Israel?.....wtf?

stop reading leftist propaganda sites... the majority of Americans like Israel and Isrealis, and have for decades.

I think the most recent numbers I read had a 65% approval for Israel.. that was earlier this year.

Dude , i'm an israeli myself . This is just my impression of americans. They seem to hate Israel with passion while literally worshipping the UK for understandable reasons. So whom would they welcome more? a nationality they admire or one they hate ?

Dude , i'm an israeli myself . This is just my impression of americans. They seem to hate Israel with passion while literally worshipping the UK for understandable reasons. So whom would they welcome more? a nationality they admire or one they hate ?

Americans Continue to Tilt Pro-Israel... this is the approval rating for Israel for the last decade.

why not let your "impression" be guided by facts ?

An 'Amira Hass Israeli'?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/American_attitudes_toward_Israel.html

American Public Opinion Toward Israel
By Mitchell Bard
(Updated May 2013)​

Support for Israel is not restricted to the Jewish community. Americans of all ages, races and religions sympathize with Israel. This support is also nonpartisan, with a majority of Democrats and Republicans consistently favoring Israel by large margins over the Arabs.

The best indication of Americans' attitude toward Israel is found in the response to the most consistently asked question about the Middle East: “In the Middle East situation, are your sympathies more with Israel or with the Arab nations?” The organization that has conducted the most surveys is Gallup. Support for Israel in Gallup Polls has remained consistently around the 50% mark since 1967. The most recent poll, reported by Gallup in February 2013 found that sympathy for Israel tied the all-time high of 64%, matching the figure during the first Gulf War. By comparison only 12% expressed support for the Palestinians. In recent years Gallup has noted that many Americans have moved from “no preference” into the pro-Israeli column. A CNN poll in November 2012, after Israel began Operation Pillar of Defense, found that 59% of Americans supported Israel and 13% sympathized with the Palestinians. Despite the violence of the preceding years, and a steady stream of negative media coverage, this exceeds the level of support (56%) Israel enjoyed after the 1967 war, when many people mistakenly believe that Israel was overwhelmingly popular.
[......]
Overall, support for Israel has been on the upswing since 1967. In the 1970s, the average level of support for Israel was 42%, in the 1980s, it was 46%, and, in the 1990s, 47%, including the record highs during the Gulf War. Since 2000, support for Israel is averaging 51%. In the 33 polls conducted during President Obama's term, support for Israel has soared to an average of 55%, continuing an upward trend since the 1980s, while sympathy for the Palestinians has sunk to 12%, continuing a downward spiral that also began in the 1980s. On average, Israel is favored by nearly 4 to 1.

Gallup also takes regular polls on world affairs. Overall favorable ratings of Israel in February 2013 were 66%, ranking behind Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, France and India...
[......]
Polls also indicate the public views Israel as a reliable U.S. ally, a feeling that grew stronger during the Gulf crisis. In May 2011, CNN found that 82% of Americans believed Israel is “friendly” or an “ally.”

Last edited:

Most Americans do NOT hate Israel or Israelis.

Upon what is this nonsense based?

online comments and many websites plus many high ranking people who oppose the US-Israel alliance and the israeli lobby.

online comments and many websites plus many high ranking people who oppose the US-Israel alliance and the israeli lobby.

ahh, you've been reading/listening to lefty propaganda....

pfft, don't let em fool ya, they don't speak for "most americans"

Gotta hope so. According to a poll 20% of americans are liberal while 40% are conservative.

A very good friend of mine is an Israeli Jewish girl. She taught me a lot about discourse and politics in Israel. And one thing I noticed is that you seem to cultivate a certain persecution complex, believing the entire world outside your borders hate you. But you should really accept true friends as friends, IMO.

I'm not saying this isn't understandable, considering your past, and it isn't totally unwarranted, as there indeed is much unwarranted anti-Jewish hatred out there.

But believe me, if you have friends outside your borders, it's the Americans. You'll probably not be as welcome and loved anywhere else as in America. If you ever considered a second home, it should be America. America provides the most tolerance and the best opportunities for Jews outside of Israel, hands down (well, not sure about Canada and Australia, maybe). Certainly you'll be much more welcome and even loved in America than here in Europe, as ashamed I am to admit that, and as much I wish it would be different.

Last edited:

I have no idea where you get most of that. Israel has no better ally than the US. Offhand I know hardly anyone here who hates Israelis.

Very odd post.

Your impression from online comments is understandable if you're not an American.
(tho as Crippler points out, there are probably very very few 'High Ranking officials' who feel/utter such)

Middle East sections of Many, perhaps most, message boards are draws for every bigot with a keyboard. Though less so here due to tight rules. (The worst here are in the Conspiracy section)
Americans understand that the Chomsky-Leftists and Proxy antisemite/anti-zionists are going to show up, and take it for what it is.
But we are unfortunately home to alot of immigrants -most - about whom we feel a whole lot less happy than if they were Israelis.

Last edited:
I'm willing to trade you for 3 Israeli's right now.

Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?
No kidding.

I guess anyone who uses liberal media are the ones who hate Israelis.

I worked with some a few years back. We implemented their wonderful measuring equipment in our CMP equipment. They worked for Nova, a business in Israel. Not the Nova in Short Circuit... Absolutely great people!

I have no idea where you get most of that. Israel has no better ally than the US. Offhand I know hardly anyone here who hates Israelis.

Very odd post.

The only ones I have talked to who hate Israelis are the same ones that parrot media like The Huffington Post, Common Dreams, etc.

You must meet more people who read things like Common Dreams than I do.

where, exactly, have you visited in America where you encountered that sort of attitude?

San Frisco maybe... come to the South, whole different world. In fact America is several different worlds.

Being Israeli seems to have left you with an inability to distinguish between the politics and the people. I despise your government's politics, but it really has no influence on my opinion of the people of Israel--just certain persons.

The people you listening to
don't have a clue what American is.

We are and forever will be your ally and friend.

Most americans hate Israel.

Not at all.

Some people might like to make these sorts of idiotic claims, but who listens to such stupidity, anyway?

Last edited:
Being Israeli seems to have left you with an inability to distinguish between the politics and the people. I despise your government's politics, but it really has no influence on my opinion of the people of Israel--just certain persons.
speaking of "certain persons"
i've been to Israel once... for like 2 hours... the only person I actually talked to was a cab driver at Ben Gurion Intl. airport.

....he was an asshole.

I still like Israel, though... I'll probably take a real vacation there before I die.

Back
Top Bottom