• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are hardcore Trump supporters much different than hardcore Obama supporters?

Are hardcore Trump supporters much different than hardcore Obama supporters?

• Total voters
Yeah...they are dumber, generally, IMO. Much dumber generally, IMO.

I am neither dem nor rep, btw.

Yo think Trump supporters are dumber than Obama supporters?

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

I just came back from Trinnity's TPF -- the Politics Forum.

They are hardcore far right GOP over there.

They all morphed from hard core Cruz supporters, hating Trump whom they call a RINO, to being now hard core Trump supporters.

The mentality over there is that you dance with the girl who is left, not necessarily the date you brung with you.

While I similarly believe the hardcore Hillary supporters are simple retread BHO supporters, it is essentially the same at both ends.

Although I would have preferred a Christie or a Jeb, Trump is all that is left if you don't want Hillary to stack the SCOTUS with activist jurists.

But if you don't care at all about the SCOTUS or ever owning a gun, then Hillary is your date for the ball.

Half of all Trump supporters are his tv audience and not necessarily very well informed or high I/Q.

The other half are simply anti Hillary, very well informed, and pro gun and pro SCOTUS for strict constructionist.

Half of all Hillary supporters are simply female and want to break the glass ceiling.

The other half of Hillary supporters are simply anti Trump, very well informed, don't care about guns at all, and don't care about the SCOTUS.

Half of all Trump supporters are his tv audience and not necessarily very well informed or high I/Q.

The other half are simply anti Hillary, very well informed, and pro gun and pro SCOTUS for strict constructionist.

Half of all Hillary supporters are simply female and want to break the glass ceiling.

The other half of Hillary supporters are simply anti Trump, very well informed, don't care about guns at all, and don't care about the SCOTUS.

Do you have any basis for any of this? I doubt it, but it is always polite to ask.

I don't know about how different they are but I'm sure there's more hardcore Trump supporters than Obama supporters.
For one thing, it requires a lower than average intelligence to be a hardcore supporter of anything.

How about are hardcore Reagan supporters like hardcore Obama supporters?

I mean, if we are going to talk about honesty and Iran...

We aren't talking about the candidates or their relative merits. We're talking about the nature of faithful followers, true believers, the loyal ones. They function not on logic or reason but emotion. "Hope and Change" versus "Make America Great Again". Whether they're chanting "Trump, Trump, Trump" or "Obama, Obama, Obama," the dynamics are the same.

True believers, loyalists, the faithful followers are the same. Not logical, not reasonable but simply emotional and certain. They always have a canned rebuttal ready whether it's "you're a racist" or "you want Hillary to win" and the canned rebuttal is usually inappropriate.

So, no difference in true believers. No difference in Obama faithful, Clinton faithful, Trump faithful. The candidates are shooting for emotion and praying the reason, logic, and facts do not come up.

I said nothing (to my knowledge) about Obama supporters.

As for Trump supporters?

Here is just a tiny reason why I feel what I do:

The bottom line is xenophobia is one of his mantras...and xenophobics are ALL either stupid and/or emotionally disturbed and/or staggeringly ignorant.

The fact that the KKK adore the guy should be evidence enough that his supporters are (for the most part) idiots.

Watch his rallys. Listen to them speak. Morons...utter morons (again, for the most part - I imagine some of them are reasonably intelligent).

Hillary will not have the staunch support from the black voters in 2016 that BO enjoyed over the past 2 elections.

As a Democrat I could never vote for an ideology like that embodied by Trump.

The basic idea or belief behind Trump's message is that the country is in the dumps, on the wrong track and radial change must take place to fix it.

This is nothing like the path envision by Obama, the Democrats, scientists and general academia.

Saying Obama stocked his cabinet full of Bankers, and Hillary will do the same....Trump will probably do the same....is there any difference in any of these candidates? I'm sure the people that are voting for them, or that have voted for them think they are different. Maybe on some issues but the bulk of what happens in this country and policies being pushed through is same people running this country. Yeah people with deep pockets.

Back
Top Bottom