• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

are gay people less violent?

I have a black belt and have been hit on by more women than I can count over my life. Hearing your statement made me laugh. I am willing to bet there is at least one gay guy you know who you are oblivious to because of your stereotyped views towards gays.

Have a look at who liked my post. He got it. I was being slightly sarcastic.

I have been to a number of straight bars. The occasional fight happens. in some places it is common, and in others it is less. I have spent much more time in gay bars and clubs. I have never seen a fight in a gay place. By fight I mean physical. I have seen a number of fights in straight bars. I know gays are capable of throwing punches, it is just that I have not found it to be as common as straight people.

Then there is the domestic abuse thing. The only time I have heard of gay domestic abuse was with things like springer and the rare cops. I know plenty of straight people who have had issues with abuse. I have to admit that in this case i have not seen the actual abuse most of the time, but I am pretty sure it is not complete BS in most cases.

There just does not seem to be a large amount of violent crime committed by homosexuals. There may be other types of crime like drugs or theft, but it seems that violence is very lacking in the community. I am not complaining, i just wonder why it seems to be.

As far as I can tell, from my limited knowledge of biology and genetics, the gay gene doesn't annul the potential for violence.

There are plenty of gay people who are violent, you just don't hear about them because it's not politically correct to mainstream such news. But it's not like homosexuals aren't violent, it just gets less publicity.
And dykes are some of the most loudmouth and violent people out there, spewing abuse and hate from the cover of a "oppressed minority".

I have been to a number of straight bars. The occasional fight happens. in some places it is common, and in others it is less. I have spent much more time in gay bars and clubs. I have never seen a fight in a gay place. By fight I mean physical. I have seen a number of fights in straight bars. I know gays are capable of throwing punches, it is just that I have not found it to be as common as straight people.

Then there is the domestic abuse thing. The only time I have heard of gay domestic abuse was with things like springer and the rare cops. I know plenty of straight people who have had issues with abuse. I have to admit that in this case i have not seen the actual abuse most of the time, but I am pretty sure it is not complete BS in most cases.

There just does not seem to be a large amount of violent crime committed by homosexuals. There may be other types of crime like drugs or theft, but it seems that violence is very lacking in the community. I am not complaining, i just wonder why it seems to be.

That seems to be quite hard to prove/disprove. Can you show us any way to get crime statistics based on the sexual orientation orientation of the perp? BTW, Jeffry Dahmer would tend to disagree with you. ;)

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Greatest Threat of Violence Against Homosexuals Comes from Other Homosexuals | Family Policy Network

There are plenty of gay people who are violent, you just don't hear about them because it's not politically correct to mainstream such news. But it's not like homosexuals aren't violent, it just gets less publicity.

Or it could be they just compose a tiny portion of the population. Any proportional news coverage would amount to **** all.

Or it could be they just compose a tiny portion of the population. Any proportional news coverage would amount to **** all.

Or maybe they do all their violence while they are in the closet and when they come out, they're pacifists :p

Back
Top Bottom