• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

are gay people less violent?

A female officer I worked with years ago was bisexual. We were pretty good friends, at least on the job.

One night I got in for shift briefing and everyone looked upset. Turns out we'd just found out our shiftmate, the female officer in question, had been shot dead in a domestic incident involving her lesbian lover.

Another lesbian officer was said to suffer frequent physical abuse from her domestic partner, but routinely refused to press charges.

That's about all the anecdotes I have on this subject, FWIW. :shrug:
Why do you hate women and homosexuals, Goshin?

Maybe the sex is better

Well, I figured that pronounced violence has to do with elevated testosterone levels...so yeah, I could see how gays would be less violent.

There just does not seem to be a large amount of violent crime committed by homosexuals. There may be other types of crime like drugs or theft, but it seems that violence is very lacking in the community. I am not complaining, i just wonder why it seems to be.

Many serial killers were homosexuals, there are also rapists, domestic terrorists, and murderers in the "homosexual community". Being gay doesn't exempt them from being violent animals like the rest of us.

Many serial killers were homosexuals, there are also rapists, domestic terrorists, and murderers in the "homosexual community". Being gay doesn't exempt them from being violent animals like the rest of us.

Murder doesn't count. Even the limpest of wrists can pull a trigger.

Gay people are just as violent as anybody else. Its just that gays make up such a small part of society so there isn't as much violence committed by gay people. But i am willing to Betty the percentages are about the same. there is a floor in the jail in my county that is designated strictly fur gay people. There are violent offenders there. Again the population on that floor is much smaller but that only really indicates that the gay population is smaller.

I'm curious, what is the logic behind this?

i think overall though it makes sense that you see most of the same crowd in a "gayborhood", so it's always on one's mind to keep the peace or not make a scene. Then again, crime is often not rational.

I was thrown out of a bar once in Kingston AZ by a huge bull dyke bartender. She was pretty damn violent about it too!:lol:

Were you in there hitting on the lesbians? Just want that forbidden fruit? Think you can get one to be straight?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I had a boss once that was a lesbian, quite Butch. I saw that lady best down a 350 lbs man.

Last edited:
Were you in there hitting on the lesbians? Just want that forbidden fruit? Think you can get one to be straight?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I had a boss once that was a lesbian, quite Butch. I saw that lady best down a 350 lbs man.

This "lady" was huge! Outweighed me by 50 lbs I bet. :lol:

Of course. Homosexuals are effeminate almost-men. They can't physically compete for women, so they turn their attention to other weak, effeminate almost-men.

That is false. Some homosexual men are the most violent and toughest men. Historically, homosexual men tended to be greatly into testosterone and were a very large percentage, if not majority, of homosexual men. They were also extremely promiscuous. HIV/AIDS was genocide to them when HIV/AIDS first broke out.

Hollywood portrays gay men as effeminate men and people tend to see Hollywood as reality and some people also imitate Hollywood portrayals. Gay activists go to extreme lengths to silence discussions of gay on gay violence.

There probably is less physical violence, ie "domestic violence" between lesbians, though it happens. There probably is less violence between effeminate gay men. But not otherwise.

As for the OP talking about going into "gay bars," that isn't a very good method of measurement. The type of bars tough and violent natured gay men will go to don't seem the type of bars the OPer would go into to begin with.

Of course. Homosexuals are effeminate almost-men. They can't physically compete for women, so they turn their attention to other weak, effeminate almost-men.

I have a black belt and have been hit on by more women than I can count over my life. Hearing your statement made me laugh. I am willing to bet there is at least one gay guy you know who you are oblivious to because of your stereotyped views towards gays.

I was thrown out of a bar once in Kingston AZ by a huge bull dyke bartender. She was pretty damn violent about it too!:lol:

Of all the serious physical conflicts in my life only 1 was with a woman. A butch dyke who came into the club for who the hell knows why with her princess and clearly was looking to prove she was tough, boasting of martial arts ratings. Why she picked me? Insanity? She was raging at me claiming she didn't like how I looked at her "bitch," for which I responded she needed to get away from me. She tried to sucker kick me in the groin but missed her mark. I flung her up and over by her collar and crotch onto the bar and told her "only 1 of us has balls." No one has ever accused me of being a nice guy.

The women of the club then threw her out, but held her woman back figuring she'd take it out on her. She actually was quite attractive - and it turned out she wasn't gay, but bi - although that was not established by me personally. :lol:

Some butch dykes who go to great lengths to act and dress masculine also seem to have the view that being male means being an real asshole.

Ah. Good luck then. It can be one of the most rewarding professions there is, but also one of the most frustrating, demanding and depressing at times.

Two things to be careful of: the tendency over time to start viewing all strangers in a negative way, "assumed scumbag until proven otherwise".... and be careful to remember it isn't the thin blue line VERSUS everybody else, it is FOR everyone else... "to protect and SERVE". It is surprisingly easy to forget that in the press of events.

I'd like to add beware of what I call "cop talk." Both on the job and particularly in relationships. Cops tend to tell stories about all the stupid, crazy and bizarre people almost like a contest of who has the best one. Professionally, it can lead you to have a very negative view of people in general and to start seeing people as the herd, rather than individuals.

In relationships? It is as simple as it get old hearing it all the time.

Also, as a cop you have to exercise psychological domination tactics over people. It is easy to start doing so in relationships too.

Don't come to evaluate people by their level of emotionalism. People get upset and angry. Sometimes they have good reason to. And there is no illegality in being angry - nor is the "calmer" one necessarily the truthful and safer one.

Don't let it consume your life. When you're off duty, leave it all at work. Go to work. Do your job. Go home. Keep it simple. Don't become a crusader against injustice either - that will ultimately corrupt you. It's just a job. Nothing less. Nothing more either.

Back
Top Bottom