• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are firearms the problem? [W:874]

Re: Are firearms the problem?

You made the original claim that police should be given more weapons than ordinary citizens, the burden of proof is upon you.

My statement is that police need certain tools to do their job and the Second Amendment has nothing to do with the police having those tools to do their job.

I have reproduced the Second Amendment in full. It says nothing about equality of weaponry with the police.

Last edited:

Good to see you admit your bull**** has nothing to do with rights because those are legal matters. Ya know if you actually read the court case, you would see the assenting opinion digs into authors and writers of laws all through the 19th century and even dictionaries and they didnt agree with you. Funny how that works.

Telling you what a dictionary definition is is not BS. It is simply reality.

By all means, do present that information for us.

Evading my question means you've lost the debate.

Asking you to explain you usual cryptic drive by posts only means that I am asking you to explain your usual cryptic drive by post.

They are different.

Person A tells person B that they support C and they believe D. It is right and proper for person B to demand that person A produce evidence that person B supports C and D.
That is what I have done. That is what I will continue to do.

In your case, you make claims of fact about certain things regrading police and weapons and the Second Amendment. You give us statements of what you claim are facts. It is then right and proper for anyone to challenge you to bring for the the verifiable evidence to support YOUR OWN CLAIMS.

In the first case, it is right and proper for me or anyone to do so.
In the second case, it is right and proper for me or anyone to do so.

More parsing to avoid being accountable.

Telling you what a dictionary definition is is not BS. It is simply reality.

By all means, do present that information for us.

No. Go read Heller, show some intitiative, Im not spoon feeding anything else to you while you present nothing. Your habitual trolling ways are at an end with me. Im not indulging them any longer.

Matter of fact you are going on ignore for a while, because you have brought nothing to the table to substantiate anything you have said in the last month besides a dictionary and yahoo answers after being given reams of legal information. So Im giving myself a self imposed vacation from your idiocy.

Nah they arent. Its asking someone to reproduce what they said, re-introduce it into the conversation. Not wanting to or not being able to usually means parsing of words to avoid lying or being caught lying.

Its you being unable to provide the simple evidence you claimed you have.

It never ever makes sense to me how folks in your position will spend valuable time in post after post on page after page claiming I DID SO when if they really did the easy thing would be to simply reproduce the evidence you claim you had. Of course, when you never had the evidence in the first place and you were caught lying about it, it seems that this silly tactic is all you have left to try and save face with your fellow true believers.

That is sad. :(

No. Go read Heller, show some intitiative, Im not spoon feeding anything else to you while you present nothing. Your habitual trolling ways are at an end with me. Im not indulging them any longer.

Matter of fact you are going on ignore for a while, because you have brought nothing to the table to substantiate anything you have said in the last month besides a dictionary and yahoo answers after being given reams of legal information. So Im giving myself a self imposed vacation from your idiocy.

I did read Heller. There is nothing in it which supports your claim about police and weapons. Nothing.

But if you claim that there is - as you have done up until this point - simply reproduce it directly from the Heller decision. Lets see it.

You putting me on ignore is your right as a member here. That is fine with me. This means I will not have to be subjected to your repeated and obsessive attacks without merit and that is a very good thing for myself as well as the other members here.

Wake up, Hay youre on ignore, I dont care what bleating you do for a week. You werent saying anything of consequence anyway.

I did read Heller. There is nothing in it which supports your claim about police and weapons. Nothing.

But if you claim that there is - as you have done up until this point - simply reproduce it directly from the Heller decision. Lets see it.

You putting me on ignore is your right as a member here. That is fine with me. This means I will not have to be subjected to your repeated and obsessive attacks without merit and that is a very good thing for myself as well as the other members here.

you are wrong. Heller talked about weapons in common use. If almost every police department uses certain weapons how can any advocate for said government units claim such weapons are not commonly used or UNUSUALLY Dangerous.

Wait, so now you are denying that, by law, we are all members of the militia?

Which is it, does the law say that we are members of the militia or not?

Well? Are we, or are we not? Every law ever written was... written. On paper. Laws against rape, murder, extortion, killing one's enemies with chlorine gas, etc. were written on paper. Are they a fiction in the real America we live in?

Well? Are we, or are we not? Every law ever written was... written. On paper. Laws against rape, murder, extortion, killing one's enemies with chlorine gas, etc. were written on paper. Are they a fiction in the real America we live in?

No, I don't believe they are.

You never know these days.....

Cannot ban guns. But I do not want the next psycho to have it as convenient neither. Hence we should single them out with fMRI solutions and deny license to a gun. Make it more probable that psycho's would be arrested while purchasing illegal guns would be both practical solution as well as theoretical (i.e., the government would have nothing to do with allowing easy access to psycho's).

Back
Top Bottom