• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are Exorcisms and Demons Real?

teenonfire4him77 said:
Well, ive healed the sick before...which was actually Jesus's power working through me, so I am just his hands and feet on this earth, and proud of it!
When we have the upmost faith in Christ...he will work miraculous wonders through us.

Really? Well, today's your lucky day! You're in the running for One million dollars!

When you're rich, just throw a few bucks my way, okay?

teenonfire4him77 said:
Well, ive healed the sick before

OMG, I sincerely hope you're kidding here, cause that is a blatant lie.

...which was actually Jesus's power working through me, so I am just his hands and feet on this earth, and proud of it!

That's your opinion, once again you have no evidence for this wild assertion.

When we have the upmost faith in Christ...he will work miraculous wonders through us.

Yea ok :lol: here is your savior, being a little less than honest:

Matthew 21:21
If you believe, you will recieve whatever you ask for in prayer.

John 14:14
If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you.

Mark 11:24
Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Jesus was lying each time here. I can't count how many times as a Christian, that I prayed for a million dollars, or for world peace, or for cures for ills. Jesus indian-gives on his promises.

kal-el said:
Ha hypocrite. Let me ask you, can you heal the sick? Cast out demons? Are you immune to deadly poison? Are you able to speak new languages?
Ha HEATHEN. I can do all things thru Christ. I glory not in them, rather in Him. I have laid hands on the sick and they did recover. I have cast out legions upon legions of demons in His name. I have survived snake bites and fungal lung infilltration. After having been left for dead by medical science. I speak the tongue of both angels and men. Who am I to you but a "liar"... Yet, I do not seek to please men. Can't say the same about women though...:lol:
Who are you to me but an idiot.

Apostle13 said:
Ha HEATHEN. I can do all things thru Christ.

Now you're lying. I just showed 4 passages in which your dead carpenter lies in prayer. Here's another one of Jesus's falsehoods:

John 10:35
If he called them "gods", to whom the word of god came- and the scripture cannot be broken

Ha. I bet ya a sawed-off shotgun blast will put a nice-size hole right through the scriptures!:lol:

I glory not in them, rather in Him. I have laid hands on the sick and they did recover. I have cast out legions upon legions of demons in His name. I have survived snake bites and fungal lung infilltration. After having been left for dead by medical science. I speak the tongue of both angels and men. Who am I to you but a "liar"... Yet, I do not seek to please men. Can't say the same about women though...:lol:
Who are you to me but an idiot.

Why do you feel the need to constantly spout lie, after lie, after lie?

kal-el said:
cause that is a blatant lie.
wild assertion.
here is your savior, being a little less than honest:
Now you're lying.
spout lie, after lie, after lie?.
Apostle13 said:
Who am I to you but a "liar"... Who are you to me but an idiot.
Rest my case.

kal-el said:
Jesus was lying each time here. I can't count how many times as a Christian, that I prayed for a million dollars, or for world peace, or for cures for ills. Jesus indian-gives on his promises
Filthy apostate... You missed the mark.
John 8:42-47 said:
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

kal-el said:
OMG, I sincerely hope you're kidding here, cause that is a blatant lie.

That's your opinion, once again you have no evidence for this wild assertion.
I do have evidence, the people themselves...but then again if you want physical proof you will need to travel to the Qwa-Qwa, South Africa.

Jesus was lying each time here. I can't count how many times as a Christian, that I prayed for a million dollars, or for world peace, or for cures for ills. Jesus indian-gives on his promises.
He will provide every need, not every want. You do not need a million dollars. Did you pray for world peace because it would make your life easier? Did u pray for cures but had doubts it would work? or because it would make your life easier?
When you live for Christ, life isnt about 'me me me', its about God and about others.
James 1:6-8
But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do.

James 4:2-3
...And yet the reason you don't have what you want is that you don't ask God for it. 3And even when you do ask, you don't get it because your whole motive is wrong--you want only what will give you pleasure.

1 Thessalonians 2:4
For we speak as messengers who have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He is the one who examines the motives of our hearts.

teenonfire4him77 said:
I do have evidence, the people themselves...but then again if you want physical proof you will need to travel to the Qwa-Qwa, South Africa.

Like I said before, you should claim that Million Dollars before someone else does.

vergiss said:
It'd be rather ironic if your wife got post-natal depression,
Happily divorced... So what are you wearin'..?:2razz:
or you ended up with someone with psychosis pointing a knife at you.
Oops! :doh Nevermind

If you say Jesus wasn't lying, it shows me you will go to great lenghts to deny the obvious:

Matthew 5:22
Anyone who says, "You fool" will be in danger of the fire of hell

Wow, Jesus proclaims that anyone who calls another fool will burn eternally, but it seems he's quite the hypocrite:

Luke 12:20
But god said to him, "You fool" This very night your life will be demanded from you.
- Jesus quoting god.

Luke 11:40
"You foolish people" Did not the one that made the outside make the inside also?

Luke 24:25
He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!"

Matthew 23:17
You blind fools! Which is greater, the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

It seems some of this "god" fellow's prophet's were adept in calling people fools:

Deuteronomy 32:6
Is this the way you repay the lord? O foolish and unwise people?
-Moses

Isaiah 19:11
The officials of Zoan are nothing but fools
-Isaiah

Jeremiah 5:21
Hear this, you foolish and senseless people
-Jeremaih

Wow, it seems like this Jesus fellow is quite the dishonest person, according to him, himself, Moses, Isaiah, and Jeremiah are going to hell!:lol:

teenonfire4him77 said:

O, right, right. I have to seek this "evidence" out, when you are asserting it. If you could heal people, you wouldn't be in front of your computer typing, so please stop being dishonest here, thanks.

He will provide every need, not every want.

Where did you pull this from? Jesus mentions nothing of the sort in scripture, he makes no clear distinction on what you may pray for.

You do not need a million dollars.

Correct.

Did you pray for world peace because it would make your life easier?

Uhh, it would make everyone's easier, and less complicated.

Did u pray for cures but had doubts it would work? or because it would make your life easier?

What are you talking about? Alls jesus says is you must believe and you shall get whatever you ask in prayer, he says nothing about doubts or making your life easier.

When you live for Christ, life isnt about 'me me me', its about God and about others.
James 1:6-8
But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do.

James 4:2-3
...And yet the reason you don't have what you want is that you don't ask God for it. 3And even when you do ask, you don't get it because your whole motive is wrong--you want only what will give you pleasure.

1 Thessalonians 2:4
For we speak as messengers who have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He is the one who examines the motives of our hearts.

Wow, that's all fine and dandy, but what does that prove? What Jesus wasn't lying? If he you say he wasn't, it shows that some character in a book can sure pull the whool over your eyes.

There is another character in that book that seems to have pulled the whool over your eyes.

I found the greatest quote about religion and thought I'd share it with everyone. Cause I'm such a giver.

Religion easily—has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man...living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

George Carlin

Kelzie said:
I found the greatest quote about religion and thought I'd share it with everyone. Cause I'm such a giver.

George Carlin

What is this from, Kelzie? Was this from one of his books or from a routine?

Kelzie said:

Quote:
Religion easily—has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man...living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

George Carlin

Hmmmmm... I wonder if kal-el is G.C's. Bastard child:2razz:

Engimo said:

I don't know. I just found it online. Along with my new sig. :mrgreen:

Engimo said:

It was from his routine. I am not sure which one but I remember seeing it not too long ago. He has probably done it more than once.

Kelzie said:

George Carlin

That's pretty good.:lol:

oracle25 said:
There is another character in that book that seems to have pulled the whool over your eyes.

If you are impling that satan is a character in a book, what makes god any different then? The way I see it, they're both co-stars in the most popular book ever written.:lol:

kal-el said:
What gave me away???:2razz:
Uh... Must of been the pony tail.
If you are impling that satan is a character in a book, what makes god any different then? The way I see it, they're both co-stars in the most popular book ever written.
It still tops the all time best in sales... Could it be there is real substance/validity in God's Word..?

Apostle13 said:
It still tops the all time best in sales... Could it be there is real substance/validity in God's Word..?

So what, Tom Clancy novels are good seller's, would they be considered non-fiction then?

No. But then again it wasn't supposed to be. You really need to stop making these amateur christian hater arguments, your not very good at it.

oracle25 said:
No. But then again it wasn't supposed to be. You really need to stop making these amateur christian hater arguments, your not very good at it.

The fact that the bible is a best seller isn't a good christian supporter argument, while we're on the subject.

Kelzie said:
The fact that the bible is a best seller isn't a good christian supporter argument, while we're on the subject.
No not soley... It does warrant mention though. I'm not sure since when but I do know for decades now it has topped the list of sales worldwide and far above whatever comes next.
No one really knows how many copies of the Bible have been printed, sold, or
distributed. The Bible Society's attempt to calculate the number printed
between 1816 and 1975 produced the figure of 2,458,000,000. A more recent
survey, for the years up to 1992, put it closer to 6,000,000,000 in more than
2,000 languages and dialects. Whatever the precise figure, the Bible is by far
the bestselling book of all time.

Apostle13 said:
No not soley... It does warrant mention though. I'm not sure since when but I do know for decades now it has topped the list of sales worldwide and far above whatever comes next.
No one really knows how many copies of the Bible have been printed, sold, or
distributed. The Bible Society's attempt to calculate the number printed
between 1816 and 1975 produced the figure of 2,458,000,000. A more recent
survey, for the years up to 1992, put it closer to 6,000,000,000 in more than
2,000 languages and dialects. Whatever the precise figure, the Bible is by far
the bestselling book of all time.

And so what?

Back
Top Bottom