• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are DNC Leaks Proof of Corruption?

Are DNC Leaks Proof of Corruption?

• Total voters

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Lots of people say it proves corruption but do the emails really reveal that? I say no. What say you?

The corruption would be if there were concrete proof that the DNC made efforts to ensure Bernie Sanders did not win the Democratic primary vote ahead of the Democratic Convention or at any time during the primaries when the primary election winner wasn't settled. From the tone of the emails that have been made public so far, I don't think that was the case. If anything, there seem to have been discussions about how to move things forward on Hillary's behalf once it was clear mathematically Bernie could not win but wouldn't get out of the race.

I'll still have to pure through the emails for myself and read through them, but from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any corruption to it - just alot of stupid brain storming that in hindsight makes the DNC leadership look bad.

It's a type of corruption, but more along the lines of Russian elections where the candidate is picked by the politburo. In this case the politburo is the DNC.

I give Sanders voters an E for effort, but an F for research. They assumed that because they are honest, others are too.

Lots of people say it proves corruption but do the emails really reveal that? I say no. What say you?

They thoroughly and shamelessly violated their own rules to give their chosen candidate a significant unfair advantage in what they repeatedly assured us was a fair and impartial primary. Yes.

I'll still have to pure through the emails for myself and read through them, but from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any corruption to it - just alot of stupid brain storming that in hindsight makes the DNC leadership look bad.

Exactly. dumb*ss douchebaggery is not a conspiracy.

If this is corruption then how the RNC silenced the anti-Trump movement at the convention is corruption as well.

No this is just normal dirty politics..

They thoroughly and shamelessly violated their own rules to give their chosen candidate a significant unfair advantage in what they repeatedly assured us was a fair and impartial primary. Yes.

What rules were violated?

Corruption? I wouldnt say so.

I love how this is even a question; the sheer denial and indomitable apologism of hard core Hillary shills/partisans never fails to astound.

Let me break it down for you:

#1: The DNC has clear and specific rules against bias towards any nominee candidate.

#2: The DNC denied that it was biased towards any candidate.

#3: The leaked e-mails discussed in this thread clearly demonstrate that such a bias existed in the DNC that both actively supported Hillary and opposed Bernie, and that it was systemic despite these rules.

#4: The only logical conclusion based upon these findings is that there was systemic corruption in the DNC in contravention of its own rules in favour of Hillary, and moreover that the DNC was aware of this violation and actively attempted to conceal it.

Last edited:
It is much easier to believe the DNC is simply corrupt as opposed to an elaborate conspiracy theory that the Russians are secretly cooperating with Trump to elect him a Russian mole that will hijack the entire government and hand us over to the Kremlin...

:roll:

It's a type of corruption, but more along the lines of Russian elections where the candidate is picked by the politburo. In this case the politburo is the DNC.

I give Sanders voters an E for effort, but an F for research. They assumed that because they are honest, others are too.

Funny you should mention the Russians. Apparently, they want Trump to win and are influencing our elections.

I love how this is even a question; the sheer denial and indomitable apologism of hard core Hillary shills/partisans never fails to astound.

Mob mentality is typical conservative behavior.

Mob mentality is typical conservative behavior.

You would know all about that.

But hey, since you're so keen on reflexive dismissals, let me break it down for you:

#1: The DNC has clear and specific rules against bias towards any nominee candidate.

#3: The leaked e-mails discussed in this thread clearly demonstrate that such a bias existed in the DNC that both actively supported Hillary and opposed Bernie, and that it was systemic despite these rules.

#4: The only logical conclusion based upon these findings is that there was systemic corruption in the DNC in contravention of its own rules in favour of Hillary, and moreover that the DNC was aware of this violation and actively attempted to conceal it.

What rules were violated?

The language, via an article from USuncut

In the conduct and management of the affairs and procedures of the Democratic National Committee, particularly as they apply to the preparation and conduct of the Presidential nomination process, the Chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness as between the Presidential candidates and campaigns. The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.

The two things one should never show the public how they're made: laws and sausages. Add in party politics for the hat trick.

The man behind the curtain has been unveiled, folks are going to see this as ugly to say the least. Watch Trump's numbers climb.

You would know all about that.

But hey, since you're so keen on reflexive dismissals, let me break it down for you:

Do you have a link to the DNC rules?

I don't doubt that the DNC was partial to Hillary because she had filed her candidacy two months before Bernie and was fund raising for them. Bernie didn't fund raise for them at all...and yet he had access to all the benefits of the DNC....including unauthorized access to Hillary's voter data base.

The language, via an article from USuncut

What do you think that this rule means? As far as I can tell, but I haven't looked at this much, no one actually took any steps to diminish the Sanders campaign. They said some stupid things in emails. As far as actual actions I'm not sure how the rule was broken. Do you think it means that no one that works for the DNC is allowed to privately hold beliefs about the candidates?

It is much easier to believe the DNC is simply corrupt as opposed to an elaborate conspiracy theory that the Russians are secretly cooperating with Trump to elect him a Russian mole that will hijack the entire government and hand us over to the Kremlin...

:roll:

Though a bit exaggerated, that claim is not without merit.

The two things one should never show the public how they're made: laws and sausages. Add in party politics for the hat trick.

The man behind the curtain has been unveiled, folks are going to see this as ugly to say the least. Watch Trump's numbers climb.
Hot dog! :lamo

It's MASSIVELY obvious that it's corruption. Anyone who says it isn't is just a head-in-the-sand partisan.

A 'bit' exaggerated? Hilarious.

tumblr_n9v5oz3mOo1s4g95yo1_1280.jpg

It's MASSIVELY obvious that it's corruption. Anyone who says it isn't is just a head-in-the-sand partisan.

Really? Because I see the more level headed posters on this forum saying that they don't see corruption while the actual partisans are saying it obviously is!

Back
Top Bottom