• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawal?

Are the dems in the senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a withdrawal date?

• Yes, the terrorists know all they have to do it wait us out then.

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • no, cut and run like we did in Nam is the best thing to do.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawa

M14 Shooter said:
Back on point...

Why is it that the liberal left, inside America as well as abroad, refuses to openly and unconditionally condemn these "insurgents" and argue that they must be defeated by whatever means necessary?

Some people here say its because they hate Bush and the GOP, something the lef****t here vehemently deny.

If not that, then what?
You're quite the spinmeister, aren't you?

Re: Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawa

26 X World Champs said:
So then how do you explain this bang up job by Bush? These facts are from the US Census Bureau.

What was that you wrote about Conservatives the number of 'needy' that no longer need government assistance?

I guess Bush is failing in this one too? I can hardly wait to read your spin about how more people below the poverty line is a positive for the Bush Administration.
LOL
You're a HOOT!!
I make a statement regarding how conservatives and liberals differ in measuing the success of government and your FIRST reaction is to offer "Bush really sucks!!" post.
LOL

Aside from that - the average poverty level over the last 30 years is 13.0% and the avgerage poverty level under the Clinton administration was 13.3%, with a +/-0.2% change in the poverty rate from year to year being well within the normal yearly variance -- so, after putting things in context, I'd say he's doing pretty OK.

26 X World Champs said:
You're quite the spinmeister, aren't you?

I'm sorry - I dont recall seeing your answer to my question. I'll ask again:

Why is it that the liberal left, inside America as well as abroad, refuses to openly and unconditionally condemn these "insurgents" and argue that they must be defeated by whatever means necessary?

You dont have to try to answer for the entire liberal left -- you can answer for yourself.

Also, unless there was a typo, the part of my post that was replaced by an ***** was nothing that should have been replaced by an ***** unless, of course, the board is set to accept "leftist" as unacceptable language. :mrgreen:

M14 Shooter said:
The tax cuts didnt cut taxes? They sure cut mine, and I'm not even "rich" -- and to hear the liberals talk, GWBs tax cuts virtually drained the treasury.

The people that think GWB is a right-wing extremist are only looking at about 20% of the ideological spectrum (and are almist always left-wing extremists). He's a solid 11:30 on the Clock 'o Ideology.

did I say he didn't cut taxes? no I said they were GARBAGE. It was a TOKEN TAX CUT, and lower tax advocates should be pissed. I don't fault Bush for lowering taxes, I FAULT HIM FOR NOT LOWERING THEM ENOUGH.

Maybe you're fine with getting a little bit fo your money back, and goofy "tax rebate" checks... bah. it's MY MONEY their taking.

Income tax SHOULD BE ABOLISHED

M14 Shooter said:
Aside from that - the average poverty level over the last 30 years is 13.0% and the avgerage poverty level under the Clinton administration was 13.3%, with a +/-0.2% change in the poverty rate from year to year being well within the normal yearly variance -- so, after putting things in context, I'd say he's doing pretty OK.
Nice spin! Expert! First you write you measure Conservatives by their ability to decrease the amount of Americans who need public assistance, then you backpedal away from that statement after I prove that MORE people need public assistance under Bush and then you write that you think Bush is doing a good job in this area.

If you were honest with yourself I would think that after 5 years there should have been a significant decrease in the number of people below the poverty line? That's not happened? How come? I like how the rules of the game changed once Bush took over?

libertarian_knight said:
did I say he didn't cut taxes? no I said they were GARBAGE. It was a TOKEN TAX CUT, and lower tax advocates should be pissed. I don't fault Bush for lowering taxes, I FAULT HIM FOR NOT LOWERING THEM ENOUGH.
Maybe you're fine with getting a little bit fo your money back, and goofy "tax rebate" checks... bah. it's MY MONEY their taking.
Income tax SHOULD BE ABOLISHED
Oh... well, I'm ALL for that.

But to argue that the tax cuts weren't significant is unsound - you might not agree that they went far enough, but they did cut quite a bit off the average person's tax bill, especially in terms of % cut from what they paid before.

26 X World Champs said:
Nice spin! Expert! First you write you measure Conservatives by their ability to decrease the amount of Americans who need public assistance, then you backpedal away from that statement after I prove that MORE people need public assistance under Bush and then you write that you think Bush is doing a good job in this area.
I didn't backpedal from anything, sport. Read what I said.

Last edited:

M14 Shooter said:
Oh... well, I'm ALL for that.

But to argue that the tax cuts weren't significant is unsound - you might not agree that they went far enough, but they did cut quite a bit off the average person's tax bill, especially in terms of % cut from what they paid before.

Yeah, but there is a lot of fluff there. I do taxes suring the season oddly enough. Many of the provisions that noticably reducing tax burdens, are only temporary, and I am not talking about the tax rate, but credits and deductions, for personal and small business. Many I think are set to expire for TY2008, just in time for whatever next administration. A couple TY2006 and TY2010 also I believe. (it's been the better part of a year since I worried about remebering the rules and changes, ask me again in March.)

libertarian_knight said:
Yeah, but there is a lot of fluff there. I do taxes suring the season oddly enough. Many of the provisions that noticably reducing tax burdens, are only temporary, and I am not talking about the tax rate, but credits and deductions, for personal and small business. Many I think are set to expire for TY2008, just in time for whatever next administration. A couple TY2006 and TY2010 also I believe. (it's been the better part of a year since I worried about remebering the rules and changes, ask me again in March.)

True, but all of this was necessary to get the tax cuts passed in the first place -- dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

M14 Shooter said:
I'm sorry - I dont recall seeing your answer to my question. I'll ask again:

You dont have to try to answer for the entire liberal left -- you can answer for yourself.
I don't recall ever writing even one post that I've written that has ever even slightly suggested that I forgive or support anything that has to do with being pro insurgents?

The insurgents in Iraq are evil murders that have no regard for human life. I've never been able to comprehend the totally different way of thinking and valuing life etc. that extreme terrorists and insurgents swear by. Nor do I believe that any mainstream Liberal politician in America supports anything insurgent.

Why is it that some of you in this community keep insisting that Liberals are your enemy too? Is it beyond your ability to accept that Liberals think differently but care equally? Surely you're not aligning yourself with Navy Pride's warped posts that condemn all Liberals for everything he disagrees with?

I'm really tired of reading posts in this community that say that Liberals want us to lose this war, that they put politics before lives. It sucks and it's not true, yet it's a favorite talking point of some of our community members.

OK?

26 X World Champs said:
Now this is the typical response I expected from you. Love it or leave it, right? Where exactly in my post did I say America is WORSE than other places? Being a xenophobe is not something I would want on my resume.

You're entitled to your opinion.

A real intelligent reply, good stuff. You know what I think you sound like? "All French are the same and they all suck." Yeah, just like all Americans are the same and we all suck too. Both statements are incredibly unintelligent.

Just making this $hit up I see? Do you know what a xenophobe is? See if you recognize yourself in this dictionary.com definition?

xen·o·phobe Pronunciation Key (zn-fb, zn-)
n.
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

I'm not unduly contemptuous. Every drop of my contempt for those people they earned fully, and my contempt is based on knowledge, not ignorance.

26 X World Champs said:
The insurgents in Iraq are evil murders that have no regard for human life. I've never been able to comprehend the totally different way of thinking and valuing life etc. that extreme terrorists and insurgents swear by. Nor do I believe that any mainstream Liberal politician in America supports anything insurgent.
So, where's the part where you argue that they must be defeated by whatever means necessary?

I'm really tired of reading posts in this community that say that Liberals want us to lose this war, that they put politics before lives. It sucks and it's not true, yet it's a favorite talking point of some of our community members.
There's only one thing that can cause us to lose this war, and its that we lose the will to fight it.
If we do lose that will to fight it, it will be because of the whining and crying of the liberal left - for the liberal left clearly opposes the war and wants us out of it sooner rather than later, regardess of the consequences.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I'm not unduly contemptuous. Every drop of my contempt for those people they earned fully, and my contempt is based on knowledge, not ignorance.
I don't know? Writing posts that admit your hate and contempt for entire nations of people seems "contemptuous" to me, at the very least.

IMHO it is very, very small minded to be a xenophobe, which according to definition that I posted seems to describe you to a tee does not allow me to admire your point of view, or for that matter, even respect it, sorry.

any Moderator please delete duplicate post......thanks

libertarian_knight said:
So in short, you are 4/9 against GWB ok, at least that's clearer now. Maybe 5/9 if you realize his tax cuts were garbage.

Hey I don't agree with everything President Bush has done but when it comes to your boy "Lurch" Kerry it was a sla, dunk because I did not agree with any of his political issues besides he was a scumbag.......

libertarian_knight said:
So in short, you are 4/9 against GWB ok, at least that's clearer now. Maybe 5/9 if you realize his tax cuts were garbage.

I love you libs....you love spending money as long as its not yours.........Hey did you send your tax cut back?

Navy Pride said:
Hey I don't agree with everything President Bush has done but when it comes to your boy "Lurch" Kerry it was a sla, dunk because I did not agree with any of his political issues besides he was a scumbag.......

Exactly.
There are a lot of things tht Bush has done that I don't like, and things that I would like to see done that he hasn't.

Thing is, I havent seen any reason to believe that anyone in the Democratic Party will do those things better, or do things I;d like to see done.

M14 Shooter said:
Exactly.
There are a lot of things tht Bush has done that I don't like, and things that I would like to see done that he hasn't.

Thing is, I havent seen any reason to believe that anyone in the Democratic Party will do those things better, or do things I;d like to see done.

Right on, and when it comes to the war on terror I am 100% behind President Bush and to me that is the most important issue of all.....

Navy Pride said:
Right on, and when it comes to the war on terror I am 100% behind President Bush and to me that is the most important issue of all.....

Absolutely. Cannot agree more.

I love this wording........it could not be anymore biased.

Why is it that the liberal left, inside America as well as abroad, refuses to openly and unconditionally condemn these "insurgents"
It should go without saying that these murdering freaks should be unconditionally condemned for what they do. It should be obvious to any rational human being that blowing up civilians and cutting off their heads is unconditionally wrong. Only the morally bankrupt would need to have that pointed out to them once, much less repeated. Bush and co. have done a good job condemning terrorist violence. It's pointless to be redundant when it's so obvious.

and argue that they must be defeated by whatever means necessary?
Absolutely. Put out the fire by whatever means will work. Stop the flame with military force when necessary, and remove the fuel with humanitarian-oriented diplomacy the rest of the time. But Bush has a problem with the 2nd part.

Removing the fuel is what Democrats stress the most, because that's the part Bush keeps forgetting. He doesn't understand why terrorists have targetted us. He tells us they hate our freedoms, they hate democracy, and they have an ideology of hatred. He doesn't acknowledge that people were beheaded in direct retaliation for Abu Ghraib, even though al'Zarqawi, the piece of **** thug responsible for the beheadings, said exactly that. Instead he lets Cheney run around begging Congress to let the CIA torture more of them, and then has the brass balls (and stupidity) to lie to the entire world about it.

You can't extinguish a fire with gasoline. That doesn't mean appeasment, and it doesn't mean bending over to wait for the next 9/11. It means removing the threat of terrorism by whatever means will work. That includes not giving them more reasons to hate, thereby making it as difficult as possible for them to convince others that America deserves to be bombed.

Last edited:

Binary_Digit said:
It should go without saying that these murdering freaks should be unconditionally condemned for what they do. It should be obvious to any rational human being that blowing up civilians and cutting off their heads is unconditionally wrong. Only the morally bankrupt would need to have that pointed out to them once, much less repeated. Bush and co. have done a good job condemning terrorist violence. It's pointless to be redundant when it's so obvious.
But its -not- pointless when people try to equivocate.

...and remove the fuel with humanitarian-oriented diplomacy the rest of the time. But Bush has a problem with the 2nd part.
How so?

Removing the fuel is what Democrats stress the most, because that's the part Bush keeps forgetting. He doesn't understand why terrorists have targetted us. He tells us they hate our freedoms, they hate democracy, and they have an ideology of hatred.
And Bush is right.
Remember that we were NOT in Iraq when the terrorists attacked us on 9/11.

He doesn't acknowledge that people were beheaded in direct retaliation for Abu Ghraib, even though al'Zarqawi, the piece of **** thug responsible for the beheadings, said exactly that.
And that didnt happen because ol' Zarq is watching CNN, right? What did you THINK he was going to say? Do you really think they arent going to use our media for their purposes?

You can't extinguish a fire with gasoline.
Yes you can, if you pour enough on in a short enough time.

It means removing the threat of terrorism by whatever means necessary. That includes not giving them more reasons to hate, thereby making it as difficult as possible for them to convince others that America deserves to be bombed.
No matter how nice we play with the terrorists, the terrorists will never play nice with us.

26 X World Champs said:
Now this is the typical response I expected from you. Love it or leave it, right? Where exactly in my post did I say America is WORSE than other places? Being a xenophobe is not something I would want on my resume.

The computer ate what I wrote in response to this once, so here's attempt #2.

You wrote:
26 X World Champs said:
and to write BS the "United States is better"

That's where you said it, bud. If you say something is BS, you're implying the statement is egregiously false.

26 X World Champs said:
A real intelligent reply, good stuff. You know what I think you sound like? "All French are the same and they all suck."

I never said all Frenchmen were the same, though it's true enough they all suck. Not all sucking is equal.

26 X World Champs said:
Yeah, just like all Americans are the same and we all suck too. Both statements are incredibly unintelligent.

Well, I'm an American. When you write "we all suck" I'm forced to conclude you have head lice or some other form of pet, since I'm not in your peer group.

26 X World Champs said:
Just making this $hit up I see?

This was in reference to my comment on Germany, which is where the computer got hungry. I won't bother to repost the link. Search for "German base closings" and see how the Germans suddenly like Americans now that we're taking our money away. That's a matter of record, and you'll get over it.

Binary_Digit said:
Instead he lets Cheney run around begging Congress to let the CIA torture more of them

The CIA does not answer TO DICK CHENEY.

You are beginning to **** ME OFF.

M14 Shooter said:
No matter how nice we play with the terrorists, the terrorists will never play nice with us.

Does anybody on this forum have a fuking clue? WHo dealt arms with IRAN, with Saddam... with Libya, Algeria, Syria... etc

DO you have any BASE OF HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER?

Jesus H Christ. YOu people are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom