• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Democrats Attacking Amy Coney Barrett’s Religion And Family?

The right wing screamosphere keeps insisting this is a thing that’s going on. I have yet to see it. Does anyone have any legit instances of this?

TWitter randos, message board randos (like me!) don’t count. Op ed columnists do not count. Sorry, but if we’re gonna play that game all day then there’s no reason we can’t take any handful of rando cons on this board and say “Here is the official GOP response to...”

So? Anyone?
She should be attacked because her views are completely incompatible with the constitution, especially the first amendment with the whole first amendment is for Christians only and the US is a Christian nation and other such made up nonsense.

Also because she is a crazy person.

She should be attacked because her views are completely incompatible with the constitution, especially the first amendment with the whole first amendment is for Christians only and the US is a Christian nation and other such made up nonsense.

I mean, you’re not wrong.

Not like rightest filth who want to go back to women staying in the kitchen and obeying their husbands in all thinkings. Being a Catholic I know about the group she belongs to and that is their philosophy. And the group she belongs to is one of the basis for the Handmaids Tale.

"Suburban housewives".

She is the rare US Catholic who does...
What her church beliefs are and what the constitution requires should not interfere.
Are you saying her personal beliefs may take precedent over the constitution? That makes for a horrible USSC judge.
Roe itself is unconstitutional. It needs to be removed, and it will be.

...and then when we pack the courts due to the right wing overreach, we’ll fix the law so that there is no next time.

Just donated to PP in your honor. ;)

She disagrees with the crazy atheist left. That’s what a reasonable person does.

...and then when we pack the courts due to the right wing overreach, we’ll fix the law so that there is no next time.

Just donated to PP in your honor. ;)
That’s OK. I’ll make up for it next week when I protest at PP and talk a couple of girls out of getting abortions. I’ll get your little $5 donation back plus another thousand or two. Hit em where it hurts

Here's my stance on this.

If an Orthodox Jewish man were being nominated for the Court, would his faith and where his basis for decisions would come from be questioned? Should it? Why? And who would propose those questions, do you think? What about a Muslim woman?

If an atheist presented online beliefs in banning religion or getting Freedom of Religion removed from the Constitution, should their position be questioned? Why?

I dont think its wrong to question whether someone who has presented biased religious or political beliefs, even on a personal level, or belongs to groups that express such beliefs puts those beliefs above the Constitution when it comes to their job being interpreting the Constitution. And they should be held to their answer, accountable for it. No one's religion or religious beliefs should be used as a basis for interpreting the Constitution or even be connected to it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

No it wasn't and no it's not going to be...
No it won't be overturned. Not a chance, But that won't stop the left wing smear/fear machine form scaring dopey liberals into thinking it will be.
That's been doing that forever.

No it won't be overturned. Not a chance, But that won't stop the left wing smear/fear machine form scaring dopey liberals into thinking it will be.
That's been doing that forever.

Hell, Barrett herself has said in past interviews that she doesn't think it will ever be overturned...

I'll continue to hope it won't be. And that Barrett won't be confirmed as a USSC judge.

Hell, Barrett herself has said in past interviews that she doesn't think it will ever be overturned...
Evil laws always fall, as will this one.

That’s OK. I’ll make up for it next week when I protest at PP and talk a couple of girls out of getting abortions. I’ll get your little $5 donation back plus another thousand or two. Hit em where it hurts

I can undo hours of you standing there with the click of a button.

Just. One. Click.

Blue state paycheck, bay bee!

What part of Roe do you disagree with from a constitutional perspective?
The fact that abortion is somehow inferred by the 14th Amendment with no justification.

The fact that abortion is somehow inferred by the 14th Amendment with no justification.

The "right to privacy"? Is there a "right to marital privacy"?

How does that extend to killing a baby?

It's not just me who thinks Roe is unconstitutional and wrong for other reasons.

What are the reasons Roe is unconstitutional? Is it the "right to privacy" recognized in the decision? If so, is there a "right to marital privacy" inferred by the constitution?

Even democratic randos aren’t attacking Amy‘s fam and cat-lickness.

Back
Top Bottom