• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Democrats Attacking Amy Coney Barrett’s Religion And Family?

My OP lays out exactly why. If you disagree with the reasoning, I’d like to hear it. Should any random person on twitter or social media or an op-ed columnist be given official association with the GOP? I excluded that stuff because it’s noise. Can we point to Lou Holtz as an example of the GOP going after Biden’s religion? If thats’ the parameter you support, then that’s what you support.

I have no idea who Lou Holtz is.

It's not noise. It's literally what you're asking for --- Democrats who are attacking her religion and family. Since you know that social media is FULL of people attacking her religion and family, you immediately excluded them from being "legitimate" to say "See???? No Democrat is attacking her religion and family!!"

If you’re frustrated that you can’t make the car go vroom it’s because you’re sitting in a pile of bullshit.

Condescension, as always. It makes you feel good to look down on others, doesn't it?

It's not noise. It's literally what you're asking for --- Democrats who are attacking her religion and family. Since you know that social media is FULL of people attacking her religion and family, you immediately excluded them from being "legitimate" to say "See???? No Democrat is attacking her religion and family!!"

Condescension, as always. It makes you feel good to look down on others, doesn't it?

Ah, so you’re operating out of ignorance. Here, let me help you:

And the word “literally” is doing more work in that sentence than you are. Reread the OP, and then read the article I linked. You’re welcome!

It's her opinions. Don't look down on those who disagree with Barrett's ideology. Your defense is disingenuous and pure BS.

Ah, so you’re operating out of ignorance. Here, let me help you:

And the word “literally” is doing more work in that sentence than you are. Reread the OP, and then read the article I linked. You’re welcome!

More condescension noted. I do wonder if you can type a response without it?

I have read your title and OP and my post still stands. You asked "Are Democrats attacking Barrett's religion and family?" and immediately chose to exclude self-identified Democrats doing exactly that. You only want to hear from "legitimate" Democrats. You think "legitimate" Democrats speak for the entire party. You sure love your gross generalizations, don't you?

Democrats have, are and will attack her religion and family. It's the nature of politics and has been since the beginning of the country. You don't get to pick and choose which Democrats are "legitimate".

It's her opinions. Don't look down on those who disagree with Barrett's ideology. Your defense is disingenuous and pure BS.

Well, hey there, Parrish! Long time no see, girl! *kiss*

More condescension noted. I do wonder if you can type a response without it?

I have read your title and OP and my post still stands. You asked "Are Democrats attacking Barrett's religion and family?" and immediately chose to exclude self-identified Democrats doing exactly that. You only want to hear from "legitimate" Democrats. You think "legitimate" Democrats speak for the entire party. You sure love your gross generalizations, don't you?

Democrats have, are and will attack her religion and family. It's the nature of politics and has been since the beginning of the country. You don't get to pick and choose which Democrats are "legitimate".

Yes, I heard you the first time when you pleaded with me that an honest criteria would be problematic for you.

When you are ready to be taken seriously on this subject, I’ll be here to root you on.

The Senate hearings when held should be interesting. What will become clear is how partisan the Senate is.

The question is when it comes to deciding issues on the court, will her religion or the constitution be the deciding factor. It is a logical question since the religious group she belongs to has the belief that this country should be a Christian state similar to Israel being Jewish state.
Then it should be easy to find opinions by her where she used her religion as the deciding factor. She's been a judge for a few years.

Funny, you guys keep making things up vs proving anything. Except that there are no attacks on her religion or family.

The only one making things up is you.

Decent people don't need to make any excuses for wanting to help out a child.

It's people like you who should be questioned for making trash threads just to stir up racial garbage.

Then it should be easy to find opinions by her where she used her religion as the deciding factor. She's been a judge for a few years.

How many cases do you think a federal judge handles in THREE years? She has been federal judge for THREE years...

The right wing screamosphere keeps insisting this is a thing that’s going on. I have yet to see it. Does anyone have any legit instances of this?

Nope, I don't. I haven't seen any attacks by Democrats on Barrett's family or religion.

Funny, you guys keep making things up vs proving anything. Except that there are no attacks on her religion or family.

Agreed. I've seen no such attacks on Barrett's religion or family either. But I'm not at all surprised that Trump supporters are making stuff up about so-called Democratic "attacks."

Nope, I don't. I haven't seen any attacks by Democrats on Barrett's family or religion.

I keep asking for just the one thing. @Josie was helpful and reminded us that it is the official GOP position to attack Joe's Catholicisim.
The only one making things up is you.

Decent people don't need to make any excuses for wanting to help out a child.

It's people like you who should be questioned for making trash threads just to stir up racial garbage.
No idea what any of this means but if you have a link to a mainstream dem attacking her family or religion, feel free to submit.

Just think... you get to enjoy her for DECADES to come. Nothing you can do except learn to like it. Enjoy Auntie. Enjoy.

Nobody can learn to like evil except those who are already evil themselves. If she is loving, Democrats will learn to like her. But if all she cares about is being a Donald Trump supporter because he nominated her, that is a huge red flag.

Agreed. I've seen no such attacks on Barrett's religion or family either. But I'm not at all surprised that Trump supporters are making stuff up about so-called Democratic "attacks."

There is no need to attach her religion or family... attacking her intellectual honesty should be enough...

lol..then what exactly is their issue with her?
She wants to strip millions of healthcare and send women back into back alleys for choice.

Nobody can learn to like evil except those who are already evil themselves. If she is loving, Democrats will learn to like her. But if all she cares about is being a Donald Trump supporter because he nominated her, that is a huge red flag.
The same can be said for any nominee. Thats why we have a system for it.
There is no need to attach her religion or family... attacking her intellectual honesty should be enough...

...its funny that you object to politics since your party is by far the most abusive with it. Whether you like it or not its Trumps decision and he made it. You will need to learn to like it. You have 0 choice. Enjoy.

The same can be said for any nominee. Thats why we have a system for it.
...its funny that you object to politics since your party is by far the most abusive with it. Whether you like it or not its Trumps decision and he made it. You will need to learn to like it. You have 0 choice. Enjoy.

I expect your full support when the next congress decides to expand the court to 13 justices. After all, it's congresses decision..

But you are fine with stacking the court now?
The court isnt being stacked. The constitution is being followed. You just dont like it when you are not in power. Only problem is, there is nothing you can do. Every time dems try to alter the system it usually backfires on them as you are currently experiencing. Remember when you tried to impeach Trump?

Back
Top Bottom