• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Covid passports a threat to liberty? It depends on how you define freedom

I proved your assertion incorrect... that is all. *shrug*

There is no code for the virus itself in the mRNA. There is genetic code for the S protein. It’s only for part of the envelope in which the virus resides.
I think we both know what’s in the mRNA vaccine.

Bear in mind that if vaccination becomes mandatory (which is where vaccine passports are taking things), what you have to fear is every vaccination, every new medical technology the government feels is necessary, and every violation of medical privacy the state deems necessary. We'll have established a precedent and ceded liberties we can't recover. That's the bigger picture.

Mandatory by whom? Methinks you are taking liberty with your imagination, at least as far as the US is concerned. Canada rightfully is a separate concern.

I don't see the US mandating vaccine passports to eat indoors at Pizza Hut or to shop in a hardware store. I DO see US businesses having the right to control access. Vaccine passports may well provide a means to vet customers, patrons, etc. I have no problem with that.

Citizens of the US have the right to refuse COVID vaccinations. They have the right to refuse to wear masks, social distance or to wash their hands. Businesses and government offices and the like have the right to refuse entry/access to people who chose not to wear masks, social distance, wash their hands and/or take the vaccination.

It's choice not mandate in the US.

Mandatory by whom? Methinks you are taking liberty with your imagination, at least as far as the US is concerned. Canada rightfully is a separate concern.

I don't see the US mandating vaccine passports to eat indoors at Pizza Hut or to shop in a hardware store. I DO see US businesses having the right to control access. Vaccine passports may well provide a means to vet customers, patrons, etc. I have no problem with that.

Citizens of the US have the right to refuse COVID vaccinations. They have the right to refuse to wear masks, social distance or to wash their hands. Businesses and government offices and the like have the right to refuse entry/access to people who chose not to wear masks, social distance, wash their hands and/or take the vaccination.

I agree. Well said.
This needs to be repeated.

The mask mandate is not a request. It carries the force of law and has penalties attached to it for non compliance. Unfortunately enforcement has been much less stringent than I would have liked.

The mask mandate is not a request. It carries the force of law and has penalties attached to it for non compliance. Unfortunately enforcement has been much less stringent than I would have liked.

We need to be more specific, I think. In Arizona, as an example, there are no government mask/social distance/handwashing/vaccine mandates regarding private businesses. Privately owned businesses, however, do have the right to deny access to people who do not wear masks, etc. As a result, then, no citizen is required to wear a mask, to social distance, to wash their hands or to become vaccinated.

Are Covid passports a threat to liberty?

Every time I read this tread cap, I just marvel at the insanity that leads to such a question.
TRumpism. No getting around it.
PreTrump, we did not have such ridiculous questions. Those that thought like this were left in the closet, where they belong.

We need to be more specific, I think. In Arizona, as an example, there are no government mask/social distance/handwashing/vaccine mandates regarding private businesses. Privately owned businesses, however, do have the right to deny access to people who do not wear masks, etc. As a result, then, no citizen is required to wear a mask, to social distance, to wash their hands or to become vaccinated.

Got it.
I was referring to the state and local mandates

Want to go to France? Get vaccinated:

Washington — France is finalizing plans to lift restrictions for Americans traveling to the country who have received their COVID-19 vaccines, French President Emmanuel Macron said, as the nation grapples with another surge in coronavirus cases.

Back
Top Bottom