• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are corporate anti-sexual harassment courses too extreme?

I get the impression that you feel that you were falsely accused by a woman at some point?

No. I t'was not...

That's how rumors get started. Even if you're male, I suppose it's a good way to get a competitor out of the way for that sought after promotion. The word innuendo comes to mind.

I get the impression that you feel that you were falsely accused by a woman at some point?

That's how rumors get started. Even if you're male, I suppose it's a good way to get a competitor out of the way for that sought after promotion. The word innuendo comes to mind.

Is that how you get competitors out of the way? Start rumors about them?

That's what those in or interested in management do. I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot Pole or even an 11 foot Italian. You seem pretty good at it though.

Is that how you get competitors out of the way? Start rumors about them?

That's what those in or interested in management do. I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot Pole or even an 11 foot Italian. You seem pretty good at it though.

If you wouldn't ever do something like that, why do you assume that women would?

Observing from a distance.

If you wouldn't ever do something like that, why do you assume that women would?

Observing from a distance.

This is probably why you have had such poor luck with women your entire life. You view them as something "other." A strange group of humans to be observed and marveled at. You feel that they don't think like you or have the same values as you do. It is very hard to get close to someone if you can't empathize with them.

I fixed it for you. Things magically change South of the border. I noticed it when I was 10. The decade (age 15-25) or so I tried with American women was a wasted decade.

This is probably why you have had such poor luck with American women your entire life. You view them as something "other." A strange group of humans to be observed and marveled at. You feel that they don't think like you or have the same values as you do. It is very hard to get close to someone if you can't empathize with them.

I fixed it for you. Things magically change South of the border. I noticed it when I was 10. The decade (age 15-25) or so I tried with American women was a wasted decade.

That you blame women for this, yet revere the men and their treatment of women in Latin America explains why.

Using your numbers, which are probably inflated, If every year 3,000 men are falsely accused of sexual harassment in the workplace, and there are roughly 105 million men employed in the U.S., then you have a 0.003% chance of being falsely accused of sexual harassment in the workplace. You are more likely to be struck by lightning four separate times in your lifetime than to be falsely accused of sexual harassment in the workplace.

The difference is, with being struck by lightning there aren't any low effort, minimally inconveinent ways for me to significantly lower that already low risk. Not mentoring women, avoiding being alone with women in the workplace, and other such precautions are not particularly disruptive to the average man's daily grind and doing so all but guarantees you will not be falsely accused - or at least that the false allegation would have little to no chance of doing any real harm.

So yes, its a minimal risk. But if you are one of the unlucky ones, it can ruin your life. And the actions that would significantly, if not entirely, reduce said risk are minimally disruptive to your life, so why not do so? Especially when we hear scary things like "intent doesn't matter" and "believe all victims" and other such prattle that comes from certain sectors.

The difference is, with being struck by lightning there aren't any low effort, minimally inconveinent ways for me to significantly lower that already low risk.

I'm pretty sure that going inside during a thunder storm is a commonly used method to reduce the chances of being hit by lightning.

It was an easy guess that this thread was started by a right-winger. What is wrong with you people?

I'm pretty sure that going inside during a thunder storm is a commonly used method to reduce the chances of being hit by lightning.

But using the logic of the poster I quoted, its irrational to go inside just because there is a little lightning. The risk is minimal, so why worry about it or take precautions?

But using the logic of the poster I quoted, its irrational to go inside just because there is a little lightning. The risk is minimal, so why worry about it or take precautions?

There was no indication that you were using his logic for that line of thinking. You stated that there was no convenient way to reduce your odds of being struck by lightning, but that there was a convenient way to reduce your odds of being falsely accused of sexual harassment.

The difference is, with being struck by lightning there aren't any low effort, minimally inconveinent ways for me to significantly lower that already low risk. Not mentoring women, avoiding being alone with women in the workplace, and other such precautions are not particularly disruptive to the average man's daily grind and doing so all but guarantees you will not be falsely accused - or at least that the false allegation would have little to no chance of doing any real harm.

So yes, its a minimal risk. But if you are one of the unlucky ones, it can ruin your life. And the actions that would significantly, if not entirely, reduce said risk are minimally disruptive to your life, so why not do so? Especially when we hear scary things like "intent doesn't matter" and "believe all victims" and other such prattle that comes from certain sectors.

Not mentoring any female employees and refusing to be alone with them is not minimally disruptive. It is highly disruptive and unfairly singles women out in the workplace. You are probably just as likely to be accused of saying something you never said by a male employee as a female employee. Why not refuse to mentor anyone and refuse to ever be alone with anyone at all?

Refusing to be alone with female coworkers in order to preclude the exceedingly remote possibility of being falsely accused of sexual harassment is like refusing to go outside in order to preclude the remote possibility of being struck by lighting. If it is currently storming then this is an appropriate fear. Similarly, if you know of someone in particular in the office whom you know has made numerous false accusations against her coworkers, then it makes sense to refuse to mentor her and avoid being alone with her. To simply treat all women this way just as a precaution is as irrational as never leaving your house regardless of weather for fear of a freak lightning strike. The only difference is: Shut-ins aren't harming others with their phobic behavior. Misogynists in the workplace who fear women and treat them differently are.

I find it interesting that there aren't any women here who admit that this is really a problem. It is enough of a problem that many men are turning away from mentoring women in the workplace, and even stopping things like eating in the breakroom with women. I have personally seen this become a problem at most of the places that I've worked. It seems that women are wanting to have their cake and eat it too...

I have been through maybe a dozen or so. I think they condition men not to interact with women. Even years ago, way before the formal corporate training, men often said to each other "don't **** where you eat". That means DO NOT fraternize with females at the company in any manner. It's been a given my whole professional life. With DECADES of such indoctrination, how would any man do anything that even comes close to sexual harassment? I don't get it. :shrug: So much as a greeting is a risk. Why chance it?

Damn you are really scared of women. First they are all trying to marry you to steal your money, now they won't let you harass them at work.

What is this world coming to?

Let's use the term abuse rather than harass. Women can raise their voice, make threats and it's all good. Only women have that option. I remember a female manager "predict" me having criminal fraudulent insurance rate file charges in my future after I uncovered false statistical methods in the underlying work. Why are you White Knighting for Queen Bees?

Damn you are really scared of women. First they are all trying to marry you to steal your money, now they won't let you harass them at work.

What is this world coming to?

Let's use the term abuse rather than harass. Women can raise their voice, make threats and it's all good. Only women have that option. I remember a female manager "predict" me having criminal fraudulent insurance rate file charges in my future after I uncovered false statistical methods in the underlying work. Why are you White Knighting for Queen Bees?

That makes no sense. Your proof that all women are out to get you is that a woman correctly predicted your crimes?

Get help for your mommy issues.

Rigght. Being a potential whistleblower is a crime. Got it.

That makes no sense. Your proof that all women are out to get you is that a woman correctly predicted your crimes?

Get help for your mommy issues.

I have never seen this to be true. Who is in charge of your workplace that allows threatening people to continue to work there?

White Knighting for the Queen Bees? Good Lord. Women who are not subservient to you sure have you triggered.

Don't generalize to all women! I work with a woman every day, she's an amicable anti-feminist from India. Those are thankfully ex-workplaces. You can't be "triggered" by what's not in your life. Being adept at working with offshore and H1B teams has opened many doors for me. Indian teams have their faults, but I would take it any day of the week over having to deal with a sneering feminist.

I have never seen this to be true. Who is in charge of your workplace that allows threatening people to continue to work there?

White Knighting for the Queen Bees? Good Lord. Women who are not subservient to you sure have you triggered.

Don't generalize to all women! I work with a woman every day, she's an amicable anti-feminist from India. Those are thankfully ex-workplaces. You can't be "triggered" by what's not in your life. Being adept at working with offshore and H1B teams has opened many doors for me. Indian teams have their faults, but I would take it any day of the week over having to deal with a sneering feminist.

Good gracious, your hatred for women who are not subservient to you is deep.

Who is in charge of your workplace that allows threatening people to continue to work there?

Actually, that is the problem. Women tend to do the social/political stuff better than us men. What tends to happen is the women in many workplaces have subtly
taken over the workplace because they are better at political sniping the men that work there. Most women that I respect admit that they would rather work for men,
because women tend to be more back-stabbing and there is more drama in female-led workplaces.

We men tend to be more up-front about workplace political confrontations. You women tend to snipe from afar. And you tend to do it with a smile. If I don't like you, you'll
know it. If a woman doesn't like someone, they tend to attack from behind with a smile. We men don't tend to have the social/political savvy to survive this type of attack.

Back
Top Bottom