• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are conspiracy theorists all idiots or mentally unstable?

Are conspiracy theorists all idiots or mentally unstable?

• Yes, of course they are

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, they are the paragon of mental health

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let me consult my tin-foil hat before I answer

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
There is nothing interesting about that. It is the typical "conspiracy theorists are all loons" garbage people toss around here all the time. How about you respond to what I said?

The reason that people make the statement is that it is true; "conspiracy theorists are all loons". Look at 9/11; 9 years, zero accomplishments. If the work product of a group after 9 years is absolutely non existent; "loons" is probably a very charitable descriptor.

You decided......

Some of them are probably insane.
The rest of the conspiracy tards I believe to be just blindly jumping on what ever band wagon it is just as long as it supports their hatred for a particular candidate. Like when the die hard Bush Basher tards jumped on the Bush stole the elections, lied for war, Bush masterminded 9-11, and all sorts of other non-sense. Then when Obama got in office the die hard Obama basher tards claimed Obama is a really a Kenyan, likes to look at jailbait ass, is a junkie homo or is a closet muslim. If there was a article that Bush or OBama sold his soul to the devil and likes to eat unborn baby Quesadillas then those die Bush basher or Obama basher tards would be all over those articles like a fat man at a buffet or a fat bitch on a Twinkie.

The rest of the conspiracy tards I believe to be just blindly jumping on what ever band wagon it is just as long as it supports their hatred for a particular candidate. Like when the die hard Bush Basher tards jumped on the Bush stole the elections, lied for war, Bush masterminded 9-11, and all sorts of other non-sense. Then when Obama got in office the die hard Obama basher tards claimed Obama is a really a Kenyan, likes to look at jailbait ass, is a junkie homo or is a closet muslim. If there was a article that Bush or OBama sold his soul to the devil and likes to eat unborn baby Quesadillas then those die Bush basher or Obama basher tards would be all over those articles like a fat man at a buffet or a fat bitch on a Twinkie.

I thought I was the only one who liked unborn baby quesadillas

It always amuses me that the most rabid conspiracy theorists are almost always VERY derisive of religion.

You decided......

Just to take it a little further....

If there was a conspiracy involving JFK or 9/11, it would point into a certain other direction. Watergate, for example, pointed at the Administration/CREEP. Nobody knew for sure who did what at first but it was always someone connected to the administration.

Evidence doesn't point in so many different directions if there was a conspiracy.

Additionally, if there was a conspiracy it would be very easy to piece together the information you have and describe what happened. Alluding to the first point, none of the conspiracy theorists will take a stand on 9/11 because they can't piece together any coherent information revealing a conspiracy. So they clumsily grab on to each one that comes out and they sound like they sound..

The reason that people make the statement is that it is true; "conspiracy theorists are all loons". Look at 9/11; 9 years, zero accomplishments. If the work product of a group after 9 years is absolutely non existent; "loons" is probably a very charitable descriptor.

It is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Your problem is you identify conspiracy theorists as a group, one that excludes yourself even though it probably shouldn't, and therefore the failings of some members of the group reflect on all members. When you look at something like Operation Northwoods or Operation Gladio you begin to see that perhaps one should be more quick to question whether the government or people in the government are involved in criminal acts that help their interests.

Just to take it a little further....

If there was a conspiracy involving JFK or 9/11, it would point into a certain other direction. Watergate, for example, pointed at the Administration/CREEP. Nobody knew for sure who did what at first but it was always someone connected to the administration.

Evidence doesn't point in so many different directions if there was a conspiracy.

Except it is not that the evidence points in many different directions, but that there are many interpretations of the evidence. If it is not something blatant then it can usually point in any number of directions for someone. For instance, finding a bloody shoe print can point to pretty much anyone wearing those kinds of shoes. With 9-11 there are a lot of bloody shoe prints.

Additionally, if there was a conspiracy it would be very easy to piece together the information you have and describe what happened.

Wow, it sure is a bright and beautiful world you live in because apparently anyone can figure out every conspiracy with ease. Obviously our law enforcement are simply a bunch of lazy donut-eating procrastinators since they are not using their skills to bring down all the organized crime in the world.

The rest of the conspiracy tards I believe to be just blindly jumping on what ever band wagon it is just as long as it supports their hatred for a particular candidate.

Because you believe in no conspiracies at all is that right? You believe no one in government or business ever colludes to engage in criminal acts correct?

Then when Obama got in office the die hard Obama basher tards claimed Obama is a really a Kenyan, likes to look at jailbait ass, is a junkie homo or is a closet muslim.

Actually that one in the bold would not be terribly surprising to me no matter who we were talking about.

Because you believe in no conspiracies at all is that right? You believe no one in government or business ever colludes to engage in criminal acts correct?

When those accusations come people with an axe to grind then they are not in any shape or form believable to anyone with intelligence. I ****en hate Bush, republicans want women to be in chains and republicans are E-vile........Bush lied for war, bust masterminded 9-11, Bush stole the elections. I ****en hate Obama,democrats suck ass and I hate libs.......Obama is a really a Kenyan, Obama loves to check out Brazilian jailbait ass and Obama is a closet muslim. Besides that do you honestly believe that the government is totally incapable of keeping a secret?

Actually that one in the bold would not be terribly surprising to me no matter who we were talking about.

What looks like Obama staring at jailbait ass.
Jailbait: Obama Ogles Brazilian Beauty Booty « The Tizona Group

From what I understand the guy made allegations in a youtube video, someone paid him to take a lie detector test and promised more money if he passed. he did not pass.
Sleaze charge: 'I took drugs, had homo sex with Obama'

Last edited:
It is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Your problem is you identify conspiracy theorists as a group,
That much is true.

When you look at something like Operation Northwoods or Operation Gladio you begin to see that perhaps one should be more quick to question whether the government or people in the government are involved in criminal acts that help their interests.
No, I'm really quick to condemn your group because plans are bandied about at all levels of government. I work with some government entities and my business is a vendor of the government. We have Mutual Aid agreements to provide our services in an emergency. Without indicating what those services are, I can tell you that the plan is to have us highly involved in supplying a vital resource to the government; AND it means that the community we serve will not be getting this vital resource; it will be supplied by the government under this plan. Why? Because fire, police, and emergency personnel will need the resource to provide essential services. These are just the plans I know about. If someone like you got hold of them, it would be tantamount to market manipulation, martial law, suspension of your "rights" to this resource of which you have none. Etc.. Now, this is where we are now. The plan we arrived at is probably somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of plans and operations presented; some much more radical than a restricting of this resource; and some much more lenient in terms of it's availability through the pipelines. The important part is that it is all plans; never carried out. There are continuation of government plans drawn up all the time? Why--because it's the job of the planners to write them. I don't know what world you inhabit but it's not one thats very realistic in my view.

Except it is not that the evidence points in many different directions, but that there are many interpretations of the evidence.
Really, please provide an example on how anything points away from the 9/11 Commission Report and how it points in multiple directions.

If it is not something blatant then it can usually point in any number of directions for someone. For instance, finding a bloody shoe print can point to pretty much anyone wearing those kinds of shoes.
And you think it points to only governmental feet wearing the shoes.

With 9-11 there are a lot of bloody shoe prints.
And there are almost no unanswered serious questions about how those prints got there.

Wow, it sure is a bright and beautiful world you live in because apparently anyone can figure out every conspiracy with ease. Obviously our law enforcement are simply a bunch of lazy donut-eating procrastinators since they are not using their skills to bring down all the organized crime in the world.
No, they just don't let their imaginations run wild and believe anything said by certain people while discounting everything said by the government. Its a particularly cheavuanistic point of view you have; almost as silly as your "establishment controls everything" nonsense. By the way, a write-in candidate won a Senate seat. I guess the establishment took the day off on that one--eh? LOL.

There are some in every crowd. But just because a Pepsi truck runs off the road doesn't mean Coke sliced the break lines. I'm sure you'd subpoena the CEO of Coca Cola if a Pepsi truck ran off the road and it turns out someone did slice the break lines, right? Exactly what happened on 9/11 in one sense.

There is nothing interesting about that. It is the typical "conspiracy theorists are all loons" garbage people toss around here all the time. How about you respond to what I said?

I find it fascinating. You, I expect to find it not so, as you fall into the group being discussed.

When those accusations come people with an axe to grind then they are not in any shape or form believable to anyone with intelligence.

Well, you should really not just assume a source is lying and should regard every source with skepticism.

Besides that do you honestly believe that the government is totally incapable of keeping a secret?

Why are you asking that?

What looks like Obama staring at jailbait ass.

To be fair, she isn't jailbait in Brazil nor France for that matter so Sarkozy was free to look at that ass as much as he wanted.

From what I understand the guy made allegations in a youtube video, someone paid him to take a lie detector test and promised more money if he passed. he did not pass.

Not saying that guy was telling the truth, just that it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did do drugs during his political career and had sex with other men. :shrug:

No, I'm really quick to condemn your group because plans are bandied about at all levels of government.

You really have to stop thinking of it as one big group. I mean with David Icke most in the conspiracist community prefer to believe he is speaking in metaphors because otherwise they feel he must be crazy. Some just plain think he is crazy. With Alex Jones some in the conspiracist community believe he is a complete loon. I think if you took all the people who believe in some sort of conspiracy involving JFK or 9-11 and put them in a room you would find large groups thinking others are crazy.

Such divergent views make thinking of each as equally one thing or another ridiculous and irrational.

I work with some government entities and my business is a vendor of the government. We have Mutual Aid agreements to provide our services in an emergency. Without indicating what those services are, I can tell you that the plan is to have us highly involved in supplying a vital resource to the government; AND it means that the community we serve will not be getting this vital resource; it will be supplied by the government under this plan. Why? Because fire, police, and emergency personnel will need the resource to provide essential services. These are just the plans I know about. If someone like you got hold of them, it would be tantamount to market manipulation, martial law, suspension of your "rights" to this resource of which you have none. Etc.. Now, this is where we are now. The plan we arrived at is probably somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of plans and operations presented; some much more radical than a restricting of this resource; and some much more lenient in terms of it's availability through the pipelines. The important part is that it is all plans; never carried out. There are continuation of government plans drawn up all the time? Why--because it's the job of the planners to write them. I don't know what world you inhabit but it's not one thats very realistic in my view.

What exactly are you trying to say with all that? Neither of the things I brought up concern anything of that nature.

Really, please provide an example on how anything points away from the 9/11 Commission Report and how it points in multiple directions.

The 9-11 Commission Report is a series of conclusions that does not include all evidence presented or all evidence that exists. It was intended to point in a certain direction.

And you think it points to only governmental feet wearing the shoes.

That is a possibility, though presuming there was a conspiracy including the U.S. government it more likely would include elements of the government together with elements of other governments and private bodies.

And there are almost no unanswered serious questions about how those prints got there.

You may feel that to be the case, but that does not mean it is the case.

No, they just don't let their imaginations run wild and believe anything said by certain people while discounting everything said by the government.

So are you saying it is not really that easy to expose a conspiracy?

Its a particularly cheavuanistic point of view you have; almost as silly as your "establishment controls everything" nonsense.

I never said anyone controls everything. That is just more of your hyperbole.

By the way, a write-in candidate won a Senate seat. I guess the establishment took the day off on that one--eh? LOL.

If said candidate were not an eight-year incumbent whose father was a Governor you might actually have a point there.

There are some in every crowd. But just because a Pepsi truck runs off the road doesn't mean Coke sliced the break lines. I'm sure you'd subpoena the CEO of Coca Cola if a Pepsi truck ran off the road and it turns out someone did slice the break lines, right? Exactly what happened on 9/11 in one sense.

Unless there is something particularly special about that Pepsi truck or it was not an isolated incident I would not presume the highest corporate official would have anything to do with it. Now, I might look and see if someone at the local Coca Cola distributor was involved.

I find it fascinating. You, I expect to find it not so, as you fall into the group being discussed.

I think you find it fascinating because it is consistent with your attitude towards certain people who criticize the establishment and you do not recognize the dangers of such ideas.

Last edited:
Well, you should really not just assume a source is lying and should regard every source with skepticism.

Yes you should be skeptical of a lot of sources. Those with an obvious ax to grind or a very extreme bias should not be taken at word.

Why are you asking that?

Because for some reason the trufer tards feel that the government can murder 3000 plus American citizens and foreigners and somehow not kill or lock away anyone uncovering the plot or that the government needed to fly planes into our own buildings and blow them up to get us into war. Its like being a millionaire and robbing a gas station because you need the cash to pay a utility bill. It doesn't make any sense.

To be fair, she isn't jailbait in Brazil nor France for that matter so Sarkozy was free to look at that ass as much as he wanted.

She wouldn't be jailbait in a lot of states either.In many states the age of sexual consent is 16.

Not saying that guy was telling the truth, just that it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did do drugs during his political career and had sex with other men. :shrug:

Why is that? I could be wrong but he doesn't appear to be like a Richard Simmons, Bruce Vilanch or Boy George.

Because for some reason the trufer tards feel that the government can murder 3000 plus American citizens and foreigners and somehow not kill or lock away anyone uncovering the plot or that the government needed to fly planes into our own buildings and blow them up to get us into war. Its like being a millionaire and robbing a gas station because you need the cash to pay a utility bill. It doesn't make any sense.

Someone making a bunch of guesses or saying "this is conspicuous" is no real threat. Unless said person has damning evidence all the guilty parties have to do is discredit them. As far as needing it to go to war, it is about more than just one war or two. It was about reversing the more relaxed policies that followed the end of the Cold War. Without a major threat there is nothing to mobilize the masses around.

Why is that? I could be wrong but he doesn't appear to be like a Richard Simmons, Bruce Vilanch or Boy George.

Unlike some people I do not assume every flamboyant man is gay or likely gay, neither do I assume someone who is gay must be effeminate. I am just going off the fact that a lot of politicians have either been revealed to be gay or are strongly suspected to be gay. For a variety of reasons said politicians try to head their sexuality.

Back
Top Bottom