• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

are budget friendly meals going to make a comeback

No, these meals will not make a comeback. People eat much much healthier today. They don't even know how to eat that garbadge.

:rolleyes:

You know that some can't afford more than "garbage"?
Doesn't matter. They won't eat it. They will find a healthier food that is less expensive or take money from elsewhere in their budget.

People don't change their eating habits unless they are forced to . Inflation is not enough of a force.
It would take war or disaster.

Doesn't matter. They won't eat it. They will find a healthier food that is less expensive or take money from elsewhere in their budget.

People don't change their eating habits unless they are forced to . Inflation is not enough of a force.
It would take war or disaster.
Seriously? People eat that garbage every day because they want to fill their tummies.

Had some for dinner tonight. 😛
Boiled potatoes and dried out beef roast. It was not good until Mom turned it into hash the next day for breakfast.

Seriously? People eat that garbage every day because they want to fill their tummies.

I dont know a soul under 40 who would touch it.
Walmart shoppers might but they always did. The point is, people who do not eat that junk are not going to start now because of inflation.

I dont know a soul under 40 who would touch it.
Walmart shoppers might but they always did. The point is, people who do not eat that junk are not going to start now because of inflation.
Down with the peasants. Let them eat cake.

Boiled potatoes and dried out beef roast. It was not good until Mom turned it into hash the next day for breakfast.
Hash can hide a multitude of sins. Like a boiled corned beef and cabbage dinner. Ugh. Good as hash the next day, though, so long as you crisp up the outside good.

Hash can hide a multitude of sins. Like a boiled corned beef and cabbage dinner. Ugh. Good as hash the next day, though, so long as you crisp up the outside good.

No.
When you eat corned beef on St.Patrick day, you make fresh bread 🍞 the next day (the women in the family does) and enjoy corned beef sandwiches. Lots of mustard, good mustard, not some Walmart mustard.

Other than that, you don't eat it.

Its their choice. All I can do is tell them how stupid they are being about their health.
Ramen noodles go a long way when you are on a budget. I know, because my education and the welfare of my pets were more important to me than fine foods.
But whatever, have fun.

No.
When you eat corned beef on St.Patrick day, you make fresh bread 🍞 the next day (the women in the family does) and enjoy corned beef sandwiches. Lots of mustard, good mustard, not some Walmart mustard.

Third day it becomes soup.

Ramen noodles go a long way when you are on a budget. I know, because my education and the welfare of my pets were more important to me than fine foods.
But whatever, have fun.

Grossly unhealthy. Your health is far more important than your education and wtf are you doing with a pet if you can't afford one?
Good grief, what ever happened to being responsible?

Grossly unhealthy. Your health is far more important than your education and wtf are you doing with a pet if you can't afford one?
Good grief, what ever happened to being responsible?
Lol, have a good night.

Third day it becomes soup.

3rd day? The way I eat, there is no 3rd day. 😉
BTW, what kind of soup? I have never heard of that and I have eaten in all the world famous NY delis.

3rd day? The way I eat, there is no 3rd day. 😉
BTW, what kind of soup? I have never heard of that and I have eaten in all the world famous NY delis.
I have made soup out of almost everything. Leftover macaroni and cheese, tuna salad, appetizers from last nights party. It usually turns out ok.

No.

Must be nice to be so very priveledged you don't eat based on the brand of mustard or fresh bread. :rolleyes:

Must be nice to be so very priveledged you don't eat based on the brand of mustard or fresh bread. :rolleyes:

Nice? Its not nice or not nice. My privilege was earned the old fashioned way, 60 plus hour weeks for decades.

If you have no standards for what you consume, that is fine with me. I am proud to have them. To have earned what you call my privilege.
I did not squander money on a pet. BTW, pets are miserable. They are captive slaves. Why pet owners think they are something other than an animal abuser ill never understand.

Nice? Its not nice or not nice. My privilege was earned the old fashioned way, 60 plus hour weeks for decades.

If you have no standards for what you consume, that is fine with me. I am proud to have them. To have earned what you call my privilege.
I did not squander money on a pet. BTW, pets are miserable. They are captive slaves. Why pet owners think they are something other than an animal abuser ill never understand.
Yes, yes, we get all the hints. You're a rich New Yorker. Basically, you're just a fussy eater, nothing more.

I just think it's a poor attitude to look down on those less fortunate or cop a snobby attitude about what people choose or choose not to eat.

Any hungry person would be mortified to see someone throw out a bunch of meat because ~ heaven forbid ~ the mustard was store brand. Just because you were born in a rich country with the ability to work 60 hours and live a better life doesn't mean you have to scoff at others who can't and have to eat what they can.

Yes, yes, we get all the hints. You're a rich New Yorker. Basically, you're just a fussy eater, nothing more.
Rotflmao!

Fussy? That is the last thing I am.
You confuse prudent direction in dinning for fear of food not in one's culture.

Necessity is the Mother of invention! if budgets get that tight people will rediscover all the tricks their parents
or grandparents used during the depression (and quite a ways afterword).
Red Beans and rice, Mashed Potatoes and peas, were main courses for means when I was young.
I had a conversation with some of My Wife's cousins who were orphaned in 1931, and lived with their widowed grandmother.
They said before school each morning she would send them to walk the Railroad tracks and pick up coal.
A bucket of coal, would get enough flour and lard to make tortillas for several days.

But whatever, have fun.
they're actually rather expensive when compared to other dried pasta and rice
plus the nutrition is nearly non-existent

That is not quite true, outside buckwheat soy and quinoa most protein plant sources are not complete, hence why animal protein is popular.

Plant protein can be a little low in maybe one amino acid, but another won't. So, unless someone isn't able to eat a reasonable variety, then it's not an issue.

Meat is popular for lots of reasons, but most of it is very inefficient and unhealthy.

Back
Top Bottom