• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are americans becoming more interested in the future or is action movies making a big

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]It's Close, but 'Elysium' Smokes Jennifer Aniston's Pot Comedy at Weekend Box Office[/h]By Todd Cunningham | The Wrap – Sun, Aug 11, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

For those that bothered to check this article it's all about the money which although up against two other comedies "Elysium " a dark action movie of the possible future, came in first.

I know there has been a lot of comedies lately not too many action movies, but maybe now things might change.

After all trending is not just about following what's hot.

In many more cases it's about following the money what it's being spent on .

As for this humble poster I've always preferred action to comedy anyway action with a bit of comedy thrown in like the Bruce Willis Die Hard's or Bad Boys or Beverly Hills Cop.

What about the posters out there what is your preference?:peace

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your views and comments on this subject.

Re: Are americans becoming more interested in the future or is action movies making a

I'm pretty much up for anything that has car chases and explosions. You can substitute "stage coach", "horse" or "space ship" for "car" but there has to be explosions. A little comedy also helps.

Re: Are americans becoming more interested in the future or is action movies making a

I'm pretty much up for anything that has car chases and explosions. You can substitute "stage coach", "horse" or "space ship" for "car" but there has to be explosions. A little comedy also helps.

So in short action movies are making a comeback huh?

I was surprised at the popularity of such shows as these when they came out .
The Expendables 1 and 2
RED .
Bullet to the head.
A lot of old actors in these action shows , but they made money.

I know if I was producing a movie I'd be looking for scify or action.:peace

So in short action movies are making a comeback huh?

I was surprised at the popularity of such shows as these when they came out .
The Expendables 1 and 2
RED .
Bullet to the head.
A lot of old actors in these action shows , but they made money.

I know if I was producing a movie I'd be looking for scify or action.:peace

If I make it to the movies it's only about once a year. Most of the stuff that comes out doesn't thrill me. They don't do stuff like this any more -

If I make it to the movies it's only about once a year. Most of the stuff that comes out doesn't thrill me. They don't do stuff like this any more -

You make a good point , sir.
I can't count how many times I watched that movie or the old spaghetti westerns if you like westerns that is.:peace

I'm pretty much up for anything that has car chases and explosions.

And boobies.

Boobies are always a plus.

And boobies.

Boobies are always a plus.

Even the side glances. lol:peace

Remember the 50s when it was all Flash Gordon and space ships and ray guns?
Then that fad went away.
Now its in vouge again.
But the twist is aliens wanting our resourses instead of our women.
I just saw Oblivion, liked it.

Remember the 50s when it was all Flash Gordon and space ships and ray guns?
Then that fad went away.
Now its in vouge again.
But the twist is aliens wanting our resourses instead of our women.
I just saw Oblivion, liked it.

Maybe it's me but I think in today's movies there seems to be a lot of comedy and family shows compared to action shows .

I too was raised in the 50's as a young lad I watched the blob and the thing and the Red Planet and could not wait to grow up and get me one of those flying cars we heard so much about. lol:peace

Maybe it's me but I think in today's movies there seems to be a lot of comedy and family shows compared to action shows .

I too was raised in the 50's as a young lad I watched the blob and the thing and the Red Planet and could not wait to grow up and get me one of those flying cars we heard so much about. lol:peace
The Blob, believe it or not was Steve McQueen.

The Blob, believe it or not was Steve McQueen.

I know and cold tempatures.:peace

Side boob is good. Its all good.

Yeah, as a young lad I was always turning my head to get a better view. lol:peace

Back
Top Bottom