• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are all the world's religions based on contact with extraterrestrials?

AndrewC23

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Are aliens to blame for all the world's religions?

Blame? No.

Contact with an extraterrestrial, well God is definitely one if he is god of all the universe.

Yes but most of the deities that we worship come from the sky as do aliens. How do you know that gods aren't aliens? Ancient humans met them saw the amazing technologies that they had and mistaked them for gods with amazing abilities and then told stories about how one day they would return and take us with them.

Yes but most of the deities that we worship come from the sky as do aliens. How do you know that gods aren't aliens? Ancient humans met them saw the amazing technologies that they had and mistaked them for gods with amazing abilities and then told stories about how one day they would return and take us with them.

Well, seeing as there's no evidence that this occurred, I'm going to remain skeptical ok?

It's plausible. But there isn't really any evidence that aliens have visited Earth in the past.

Aliens creating the world's religions is actually more plausible than that god exists and formed the world's religions. But, not by much, really.

Aliens creating the world's religions is actually more plausible than that god exists and formed the world's religions. But, not by much, really.

What are gods if not aliens? "God" simply means 'superior being', there's nothing inherently ethereal or spiritual about the term.

Nah. You can thank humans for them and guess what? If you are seeking something? Look for female based religions as they are the better choice.

*Not to sound sexist or anything:)*

it's funny i have seen a couple of serious documentaries on this... im surprised at how many people believe this, hmmmm it's interesting at least lol

There is plenty of evidence, the stonhenge, the pyramids, the nazca lines that are only visible from the sky. Stories of ancient wars with deities in India with FLYING machines and weapons that can vaporize entire cities and increased radiation at Mohenjo Daro. Noah's Ark and the great flood which it is impossible to fit two of every animal on one boat. When ezekial saw god and angels come down from the sky on metal contraptions. Sodom and Gomorrah were both destroyed by nuclear weapons Lot's wife was basically vaporized he told his wife not too look back to the city and she was turned to a pillar of salt...You're not supposed to look at a nuclear blast either. The effects of the Ark of the Covenant being very similar to radiation poisoning fingernails falling off people loosing their hair. Egyptians had lightbulbs inside their tombs powered by batteries from Mesopotamia. South American statues of gods that have space helmets on and gods that are in spaceships. The crystal skulls that are impossible to make without technology. there is plenty of evidence you just haven't heard about any of it yet

I don't see how believing this is less believable then a bearded man sitting on a cloud that sent his son to die for our sins. and a red guy with horns that lives in the center of the earth that is going to kill us every day because we jerk off or gamble or drink alcohol. Do you realize how ridiculous all of that sounds in any other circumstance if anyone tried to start christianity in modern times they would be labeled as crazy and locked up in an asylum. The only reason christianity exists today is because our ancestors were naive and looking for answers to things that they didn't understand, so they created fairy tales and myths to explain things that were happening around them. The christian god sounds no more ridiculous than any of the various pagan gods that the ancients believed not too mention that the christian god is a wannabe zeus/odin in one person.

It is incredibly plausible and there is plenty of evidence that aliens visited earth in the past...the nazca lines that are only visible from the sky an alien battle that was documented in the nuremburg newspaper in the 16th century. The fact that Egyptians had lightbulbs and batteries inside to light their tombs. The pyramids which is mathematically implausible for ancient man to build unless dirceted from some otherworldly being with technology. Ancient deities battling over india in flying machines and now there are increased radiation in the ancient ruins of mohenjo daro. Statues of south American gods with space helmets on their heads. Gods that fly in chariots and throw lightning bolts. and why would ancient man be so obsessed with space and build observatories? I can keep going but I'd like to see what you have to say about all of that

It is incredibly plausible and there is plenty of evidence that aliens visited earth in the past...the nazca lines that are only visible from the sky an alien battle that was documented in the nuremburg newspaper in the 16th century. The fact that Egyptians had lightbulbs and batteries inside to light their tombs. The pyramids which is mathematically implausible for ancient man to build unless dirceted from some otherworldly being with technology. Ancient deities battling over india in flying machines and now there are increased radiation in the ancient ruins of mohenjo daro. Statues of south American gods with space helmets on their heads. Gods that fly in chariots and throw lightning bolts. and why would ancient man be so obsessed with space and build observatories? I can keep going but I'd like to see what you have to say about all of that

Well, after posting an objection to the idea of gods, you then make another post basically saying that the existence of gods are "incredibly plausible".

Both the man-on-a-cloud and horned-devil images are relatively modern, so please feel free to toss them out if they don't make sense. However, it seems that you find the evidence agreeable.

I'm not saying that what ancient humans called gods is false I'm saying that they were ET's that they mistaked for gods and worshiped them as if they were gods even though they were other intelligent beings from other planets.

I'm not saying that what ancient humans called gods is false I'm saying that they were ET's that they mistaked for gods and worshiped them as if they were gods even though they were other intelligent beings from other planets.

Intelligent beings from other planets is what gods ARE.

They came from somewhere else and gave us an education in writing, math, astronomy, warfare, they took human wives for themselves and their children were giants who first consumed most of the animals and then started hunting US.

The nefilim, the fallen angels, the Elohim, the watchers, 90% of the Greek and Egyptian pantheons...all are intelligent beings from other planets.

Last edited:
Exactly the point that I am trying to make the Gods that people worship today were simply extraterrestrials that we saw that they had amazing technologies and we mistaked this for the divine/spiritual. These "gods" did not create us we were already here and we met these aliens that gave us knowledge and technology and we worshiped them because were grateful for them doing this.

Exactly the point that I am trying to make the Gods that people worship today were simply extraterrestrials that we saw that they had amazing technologies and we mistaked this for the divine/spiritual. These "gods" did not create us we were already here and we met these aliens that gave us knowledge and technology and we worshiped them because were grateful for them doing this.

A certain sect of those gods did create us, and in fact many of the gods who taught us various subjects are being punished for doing so because they were told not to. Like a child, information has to be presented in an age-appropriate manner. We were given information prematurely. We took it to make war and supplicate our vanity.

So what you're saying is that people throughout the world in history and time have been worshipping extraterrestrials and that people in modern times and all the world's religions and doctorines are based from alien contact and that the creationism theory is totally false or that it is true but that ET's created us through genetic engineering and not just poof and we're here. Or that these aliens created the universe and everything in it including the earth and all the animals and plants....that if they did create humans that the animals were already here and they engineered humans from their own DNA to colonize this world and harvest it for its natural resources
So what you're saying is that you agree with all of those statements?

There is plenty of evidence, the stonhenge, the pyramids, the nazca lines that are only visible from the sky. Stories of ancient wars with deities in India with FLYING machines and weapons that can vaporize entire cities and increased radiation at Mohenjo Daro. Noah's Ark and the great flood which it is impossible to fit two of every animal on one boat. When ezekial saw god and angels come down from the sky on metal contraptions. Sodom and Gomorrah were both destroyed by nuclear weapons Lot's wife was basically vaporized he told his wife not too look back to the city and she was turned to a pillar of salt...You're not supposed to look at a nuclear blast either. The effects of the Ark of the Covenant being very similar to radiation poisoning fingernails falling off people loosing their hair. Egyptians had lightbulbs inside their tombs powered by batteries from Mesopotamia. South American statues of gods that have space helmets on and gods that are in spaceships. The crystal skulls that are impossible to make without technology. there is plenty of evidence you just haven't heard about any of it yet

What exactly is your method for distinguishing good information/ideas from bad ones?

List all that apply.

1. Unverifiable personal testimonials
2. Conjectures and extrapolations (common dictionary definitions)
3. Personal opinions
4. Writings in old promotional literature (that cannot be verified)
5. Writings in new promotional literature (that cannot be verified)
6. “Revelations” from “prophets” or “seers”
7. Personal accounts of “visions” or “visitations”
8. Instructions said to be from “god”

9. Accounts from wide ranging, independent sources that are in general agreement
10. Accounts from sources that are not connected or involved with the claim or story
11. Findings that have been widely tested and verified by others
12. Findings that you can test personally if you choose
13. Findings and accounts that do not conflict with what you know of the real world

Last edited:
Well, seeing as there's no evidence that this occurred, I'm going to remain skeptical ok?

Sloppy argumentation. There is certainly evidence, you quoted in this very post. Andrew's evidence is that deities are often said to come from the sky, just as aliens might, is evidence. Whether or not you find this evidence persuasive is another issue.

It this nitpicking? Perhaps. But when you come into a thread with that sort of snotty attitude you're displaying here, you better make damn sure you understand what you are talking about.

Sloppy argumentation. There is certainly evidence, you quoted in this very post. Andrew's evidence is that deities are often said to come from the sky, just as aliens might, is evidence. Whether or not you find this evidence persuasive is another issue.

It this nitpicking? Perhaps. But when you come into a thread with that sort of snotty attitude you're displaying here, you better make damn sure you understand what you are talking about.
You are using the term"evidence" in a very loose manner. I.E., evidence is anything used to support an assertion. I wouldn't qualify unverifiable hear-say or testimony as "evidence". If you do then you must admit that there is evidence for unicorns, leprechauns, zeus, bug-eyed aliens, and all manner of things.

What I mean when I say "evidence" is something "empirically observable" or "repeatable".

You are using the term"evidence" in a very loose manner. I.E., evidence is anything used to support an assertion. I wouldn't qualify unverifiable hear-say or testimony as "evidence". If you do then you must admit that there is evidence for unicorns, leprechauns, zeus, bug-eyed aliens, and all manner of things.

What I mean when I say "evidence" is something "empirically observable" or "repeatable".

It's not really hearsay when there is first hand accounts from people that acutally saw these things happening, the problem is that I don't have enough time on my hands to look for every single one of them. I'm just using the knowledge I have of the subject from reading Chariots of the Gods, and Ancient Aliens a series on the History Channel about the subject.

Back
Top Bottom