• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are all the world's religions based on contact with extraterrestrials?

I always end up watching those crazy shows when they come on the History Channel... and while they are interesting, they certainly should be taken which a grain of salt. Perhaps a rock of salt. Anyway, my favorite is that dude who looks like he just got back from a 6 month bender:

giorgio.jpg

Haha that guys hilarious I wonder what kinds of crazy drugs he's into
Idk to me the whole ancient aliens theory makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than religion idk that's just me...I just feel like the probability of Aliens visiting earth teaching us how to create our civilization and then us worshipping them for that is much more beleivable than anything that's in the bible or an elephant with ten arms or anything else that people worship

It's not really hearsay when there is first hand accounts from people that acutally saw these things happening, the problem is that I don't have enough time on my hands to look for every single one of them.
So you watched a show that repeated what someone else is claimed to have said and that's NOT hear-say? Do you understand why hear-say is NOT allowed in courts?

And that its testimony or hear-say really isn't a major issue, its that it is:
1) unverifiable hear-say/testimony
2) claims that chaffs against common knowledge and understanding of the world (I.E., extra ordinary claims require extraordinary evidence)

I'm just using the knowledge I have of the subject from reading Chariots of the Gods, and Ancient Aliens a series on the History Channel about the subject.
This explains exactly why you keep making silly and outrageous statements throughout this board. You are apparently lacking the critical thinking skills required to discern truth from falsehood. For example, your credulity to the pseudo-science crap that is on the history channel explains exactly why your worldview is so distorted.

Umm okay well in that case then anything that happened before I was born is hearsay then? all historical events that do not have any living first person accounts are all hearsay that is basically what you are telling me right now?

Umm okay well in that case then anything that happened before I was born is hearsay then? all historical events that do not have any living first person accounts are all hearsay that is basically what you are telling me right now?
No. I am telling you that you lack the critical thinking skills to distinguish fact from fiction, myth from history, and the subjective from the objective.

Umm okay that's pretty much what people do everytime they read the bible
You're pretty much telling me right now that even though there are historical accounts of aliens visiting earth and that there is strong evidence that they could have influenced human culture and society, that a bearded man sitting on a cloud that throws lightning bolts is more believable.

Andrewc23 said:
Umm okay that's pretty much what people do everytime they read the bible
Perhaps. But that doesn't excuse you from making similar mistakes.

Andrewc23 said:
You're pretty much telling me right now that even though there are historical accounts of aliens visiting earth
Historical accounts do not equate to factual history. Do you understand?

What "historical accounts" are you referring to? About how much time have you spent analyzing and studying these "historical accounts"?

Andrewc23 said:
there is strong evidence that they could have influenced human culture and society
Please present this strong evidence. And please don't spam this thread with a bunch of links to Joe Blows website/blog.

Present the strongest piece of evidence you think there is for aliens influencing culture and we can examine it.

Andrewc23 said:
that a bearded man sitting on a cloud that throws lightning bolts is more believable.
I agree, that is a pretty stupid belief. Perhaps it was more reasonable 2500 years ago when the understanding of the world was very little, but not now.

Historical accounts is factual history, without historical accounts, there would be no history do you understand this? and the strongest piece of evidence I have is the fact that the ancients had technology that we are now just discovering today. Yeah it is a pretty stupid belief but the christian god is a Zeus avatar

Historical accounts is factual history, without historical accounts, there would be no history do you understand this?
I do. What you don't understand is that just because someone wrote something down doesn't make it factual history. Just because Troy existed doesn't mean Apollo and Zeus also exist because of the Iliad.

Have you even bothered to look into how historians determine fact from fiction, fable, myth, forgery, and lie? Go google "historical method". Then apply that to you alien stories.

and the strongest piece of evidence I have is the fact that the ancients had technology that we are now just discovering today.

1) What "historical accounts" are you referring to?
2) What technology are you referring to?
3) About how much time have you spent analyzing and studying these? Looking for dissenting opinions or alternative explanations, verifying their authenticity, etc?

Back
Top Bottom