• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are all Star Wars Fans geeks?

Obi-Wan

Reaction score
I saw the newest star wars preview last nite and it looks to be the best of the entire saga. I love Star Wars but don't get into all the books and alter story lines. Some say if you like the movies you are a geek. I say not!
Are ALL Star Wars fans geeks? What do you have to say?

I am a political geek with a little Star Wars, Star Trek, and computer programming mixed in.

Can't wait for it to Hit DVD... (I don't do theatres)

So, I say sure - whats wrong with being a geek?

I am athletic, don't have glasses and love star wars (even the books, lol), so i don't think so

star wars geeks are better than star trek geeks. I'm a sport geek anyway lol, I love star wars, but Episode 1 was awful, 2 was quite a bit better, looking forward to 3.

GarzaUK said:
star wars geeks are better than star trek geeks.
Here! Here! Something we can agree on. :D If being a Star Wars fan is to be a geek, then I'm a BIG one.

Your a geek if you don't like Star Wars!

Let's think about this for a moment. You might be successful if you do a sequel. Your pushing it if you try a trilogy. But, to do five blockbusters and about to launch a sixth. Come on! Get on the bandwagon!

Thor said:
Your a geek if you don't like Star Wars!

Let's think about this for a moment. You might be successful if you do a sequel. Your pushing it if you try a trilogy. But, to do five blockbusters and about to launch a sixth. Come on! Get on the bandwagon!

Five Blockbusters... Are you talking about Kevin Smith's Clerks Series?

Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob' Strike Back

^^^
That Series kicks Star Wars a$$...

-jess- said:
Five Blockbusters... Are you talking about Kevin Smith's Clerks Series?

Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob' Strike Back

^^^
That Series kicks Star Wars a$$...

OK?

Are you telling me that these movies beat the Star Wars epic?

Thor said:
OK?

Are you telling me that these movies beat the Star Wars epic?

nah, he is just too young to understand the simple beauty of star wars!

Not sure we will be seeing Jay & Silent Bob conventions anytime soon.

There are literally dozens of games of SW from tabletop to XBOX. (hundreds maybe)

Mark Hamel may have done a better acting job in J&SB though...:rofl

But, Silent Bob just wouldn't look as seksy with hot buns over his ears.

I'm a geek through and through and I love Star Wars. I also like the Alien, Predator, Terminator, and Robocop series and ID4.

Predator movies I like. But Robo Cop And Some Alien movies are not my type. STAR WARS ALL THE WAY MAN! :D

On the subject of movies, does anyone know who the bad guy is going to be in the new Batman movie? I'm not a real batman fan though.

Spiderman could kick Batman's ass anytime anywhere. (any Batman including ones from TN. lol :D )

GarzaUK said:
On the subject of movies, does anyone know who the bad guy is going to be in the new Batman movie? I'm not a real batman fan though.
I think Scarecrow will be the villan.
GarzaUK said:
Spiderman could kick Batman's ass anytime anywhere. (any Batman including ones from TN. lol :D )
I'm still waiting. :D

Hrmm.... Where or where did I put that
Spiderman_-_Spiderman.jpg

:twisted:

I like the old 70's Star Wars, but don't care for the new ones: too much post-modernism and new-age thinking for my taste.

I also liked Howard the Duck, Independence Day, and Men in Black, and The Thirteenth Floor.

ShamMol said:
I am athletic, don't have glasses and love star wars (even the books, lol), so i don't think so

Ha,
Do glasses really signify you as a geek? Then I must be a geek I have driving glasses and I wear them whenever I can't see certain things, but I am a metal-head as well as an Indy boy up here in Chapel Hill we have like 3 different famous "clubs" so to speak. Cat's Cradle, Go! Room, Skylight Exchange.

I expect the new Batman to be really good. It's looks to be based off of Frank Miller's Batman:Year one. Frank Miller's Batman:The Dark Knight Returns is second only to Neil Gaiman's collected Sandman for graphic novels in my books. If this movie goes well we may see The Dark Knight Returns as a sequel somewhere down the road, so I have pretty high hopes.

Oh, and we watched the original Star Wars trilogy at least once a month in berthing while I was in the Navy, so my vote is non-geek

No.

Episode III was great. It has become my favorite over Empire. It was so good, it makes you mad that Episodes I and II weren't better.

"Execute Order 66"

but Episode III had some terrible dialogue!

course Vague means Mark Hamil, not Mark Hamel.

examples of Episode III terrible dialogue:

Darth Sidious: [after the medical table comes to a complete stop] Lord Vader, can you hear me?
Darth Vader: Yes, my Master
Darth Vader: [looks around the room] Where is Padme? Is she safe, is she all right?
Darth Sidious: It seems in your anger, you killed her.
Darth Vader: I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt her! She was alive!
Darth Vader: [things begin to implode in the room, including droids. Vader breaks loose from the table and takes his first steps and then rears back in anger and pain] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

that Frankestein scene, scared me and wasn't needed.

Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
Senator Amidala: It's only because I'm so in love.
Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Senator Amidala: Are you saying love has blinded you?
Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] No, that's not what I mean

I about lost my mind after that one.

Senator Amidala: I don't believe what I'm hearing... Obi-Wan was right. You've changed.
Anakin Skywalker: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me.
Senator Amidala: I don't know you any more. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow!

thank god it was at the end of the movie..

The Frankenstein Scene was necessary to show us what was under the suit and to show us why Anakin didn't look for Padme and his children.

The "romantic" dialogue was crap in Episode II also. Lucas isn't known for his romantic dialogue skills. The rest of the dialogue was very dramatic and well done.

Back
Top Bottom