• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are all of you anti-choice people on a bone marrow donor registry?

Well, your semen is alive, but it's not an individual human life. You have to fertilize a woman's egg to get a new life.

Yes, the process requires semen, but semen alone isn't a human life. Masturbation has not one thing to do with murder.
Well, when the seed is wasted, you most certainly can't create a human at all at that point, not with that specific seed.

Obviously, I hold that the seed is worthy of its own life, and those, within the religion, who waste their seed are like, or compared to, murderers. There's no shortage of condemnations of such people who are, again, inside the religion.

but that can be different for people who are outside the religion. I wouldn't go to some guy in italy, and tell him that he's a murderer because he wasted his seed, because for him, it may not even be true. Is it bad for him spiritually? sure. But murder? He has no obligations to the religion, so such rhetoric is not only inappropriate, it is possibly even a lie, for him. Again, I would say he should just be careful not to get addicted.

Well, when the seed is wasted, you most certainly can't create a human at all at that point, not with that specific seed.

Correct. But "wasting the seed" isn't the killing of human life.

Obviously, I hold that the seed is worthy of its own life, and those, within the religion, who waste their seed are like, or compared to, murderers. There's no shortage of condemnations of such people who are, again, inside the religion.

but that can be different for people who are outside the religion. I wouldn't go to some guy in italy, and tell him that he's a murderer because he wasted his seed, because for him, it may not even be true. Is it bad for him spiritually? sure. But murder? He has no obligations to the religion, so such rhetoric is not only inappropriate, it is possibly even a lie, for him. Again, I would say he should just be careful not to get addicted.

Why do you assume a guy from Italy isn't part of "the religion"?

Correct. But "wasting the seed" isn't the killing of human life.
Ok, let's see you take some wasted seed, and have it fertilize your womb. Go on now. Do it.
Why do you assume a guy from Italy isn't part of "the religion"?
because I invented this guy in italy in my mind, and i declare him not to be, just like the >95% of italians who aren't? Am I not allowed to do that, now?

You needed many vaccines to even go to school. You're being melodramatic and dishonest because you have an agenda.

And no, vaccination does not make you 100% immune from the virus, it only radically reduces your chance of being severely hospitalized. Please educate yourself on the topic before forming hard opinions.

See link in post #322. They have similar DNA as the creator but many of the DNA traits have been randomized. Every sperm has unique DNA, not that any of this is criteria for determining if a woman has a right to her own body or not.

Viable is a medical term to indicate that the fetus is capable of surviving outside of the mother. To claim that a fetus could survive a few weeks after conception is totally ludacrous and likely the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

I know you're not a reader, but my link literally says every sperm has unique DNA. You're so god damn lazy you can't even read the cutout from the link I showed you, you just pretend to read it. And yes, the DNA is similar enough for forensics but every single sperm is completely unique.

This is a medical fact. You're dishonest and desperate because you're basing your entire argument on what is apparently a 4th grade science education level.

You can just say you're anti-choice because you want the government to control our bodies, you don't have to pretend to know anything about biology.
I have been vaccinated twice in my life. Once for polio in the 50’s, and once for COVID-19. That’s it. Agenda? And what would that be?

Unique DNA distinguishes humans from one another. That's impressive enough, but identical twins are even more interesting. The human body is an incredibly complex and fascinating organism from conception.

The science behind genetics isn't "impressive"?? LOL! Wow.
I'm not saying DNA has no impressive aspect, nor that the science has none.

But all you're talking about is materialistic. There's no guarantee that the embryo or fetus will even grow to be capable of separation from the woman's body, and none that it will actually have a brain - you can go look up anencephaly and see what it is.

This is so categorically different from the mental and spiritual side of living that a born dog has more in common with any of us than an human embryo.

Wow that.

I have been vaccinated twice in my life. Once for polio in the 50’s, and once for COVID-19. That’s it. Agenda? And what would that be?
Oh I'm sorry, it appears you're from a third world country. I meant in normal, developed countries you need lots of vaccines to attend school.

I clearly did not mean countries too poor to vaccinate their population for even the most basic things like tetanus. Don't ever pick yourself on a rusty nail or it could be a death sentence.

Nothing I said was dishonest. The entire conversation started with you saying that sperm are humans. They aren't. A fetus is.

Your semen DNA will always link back to you and only you. It is unique to you and only you.

A fetus' DNA will always 100% link back to ....... who?

Nope. I abhor the government telling me what I can do with my body. When we're talking about abortion, though, there's another human involved.
A fetus's DNA will always link back to the creators, just like in sperm. A fetus, just like every individual sperm, has similar, but totally unique DNA to their creator. The fact that you couldn't admit you were wrong about all sperm having unique DNA shows you're intentionally being dishonest. You based your entire argument on a science fact you misunderstood.

Jesus, for the good of our society I hope it's not biology or any kind of science you're teaching America's kids. Art maybe?

Last edited:
Oh I'm sorry, it appears you're from a third world country. I meant in normal, developed countries you need lots of vaccines to attend school.

I clearly did not mean countries too poor to vaccinate their population for even the most basic things like tetanus. Don't ever pick yourself on a rusty nail or it could be a death sentence.

A fetus's DNA will always link back to the creators, just like in sperm. A fetus, just like every individual sperm, has similar, but totally unique DNA to their creator. The fact that you couldn't admit you were wrong about all sperm having unique DNA shows you're intentionally being dishonest. You based your entire argument on a science fact you misunderstood.

Jesus, for the good of our society I hope it's not biology or any kind of science you're teaching America's kids. Art maybe?
A fetus’ DNA will always link 100% to that individual human. The familial DNA will link back to the mother and father.

If you leave your DNA at a crime scene, it will lead back to you and only you as the human who it belongs to. Your father won’t be arrested if your DNA is there.

Therefore, your sperm isn’t a human. It’s part of you. A fetus, however, IS a human. If you can’t understand that very basic biological fact then I guess there’s nothing left to say to you.

A fetus’ DNA will always link 100% to that individual human. The familial DNA will link back to the mother and father.

If you leave your DNA at a crime scene, it will lead back to you and only you as the human who it belongs to. Your father won’t be arrested if your DNA is there.

Therefore, your sperm isn’t a human. It’s part of you. A fetus, however, IS a human. If you can’t understand that very basic biological fact then I guess there’s nothing left to say to you.
You can just admit you were wrong and that every sperm has unique DNA of its own, then make some other argument as to why you oppose women having control over their own bodies. You don't have to keep committing yourself further and further to this one misunderstanding of the facts you had.

I've shown you with a link that all sperm have unique DNA. Why don't you prove they all have identical DNA?

You can just admit you were wrong and that every sperm has unique DNA of its own, then make some other argument as to why you oppose women having control over their own bodies. You don't have to keep committing yourself further and further to this one misunderstanding of the facts you had.

I've shown you with a link that all sperm have unique DNA. Why don't you prove they all have identical DNA?

Your sperm is unique to you and only you.

...not even for tetanus?
Yes, and hepatitis. Freely, and not coerced. None of those made me sick like the COVID vaccine did. I’ve had the virus and survived it.

I don’t think the vaccine should be mandatory and lots of people agree to the point of losing their jobs. Must be something to it. Joe Biden is such a moron. He shouldn’t get to make anyone’s life decisions for them.

Yes, and hepatitis. Freely, and not coerced. None of those made me sick like the COVID vaccine did. I’ve had the virus and survived it.

I don’t think the vaccine should be mandatory and lots of people agree to the point of losing their jobs. Must be something to it. Joe Biden is such a moron. He shouldn’t get to make anyone’s life decisions for them.
I am glad it's mandatory for health professionals here. I don't want any of them near me if they aren't vaccinated. I say mandatory as in they will be let go if they don't get it and don't have a legit exemption, not as in they will be charged w/ a crime.

Yet every sperm has its own unique DNA. Thank you for finally conceding you were wrong.

It's not unique to you. Your sperm's genetic material will always point back to you and only you. Your sperm isn't a human, as you claimed earlier. Your sperm is part of a human -- you. You already exist and your semen (no matter the slight differences in them) will never link back to any other human but you.

A fetus IS a human who never existed before and will never exist again. As your link said, at conception the genetic blueprint for a whole new unique person is present.

It's not unique to you. Your sperm's genetic material will always point back to you and only you. Your sperm isn't a human, as you claimed earlier. Your sperm is part of a human -- you. You already exist and your semen (no matter the slight differences in them) will never link back to any other human but you.

A fetus IS a human who never existed before and will never exist again. As your link said, at conception the genetic blueprint for a whole new unique person is present.
biomaterialism.

No. If the government has the power to use a person's body against their will to save a fetus, why would it not have the power to do the same to save an actual human being?
Because the body in question CAUSED the "clump of cells" to come into being. Now if you can connect the cause for the need of a marrow donation, or anything else to the actions of another person, you might have a case, but you can't, and you don't.

Just curious. One might assume that you all would be.

Do you think people should be legally required to donate bone marrow if they are a match for someone who needs it?
Yes.

A pro-lifer probably would think that if they're consistent. Pro-lifers believe the government should be able to step in and use someone's body to save the "life" of a clump of cells. If you're OK with that, why wouldn't you be OK with involuntary organ harvesting to save actual lives? When posed that question, I'm sure those same people will start yelling about bodily autonomy and limited government. Hence the disconnect. Does the government have a right to overrule the sovereignty of our own bodies to "save lives", or not?

Pro-lifers can't even be bothered to get a vaccine to save real human beings, so they really shouldn't be called pro-life, just anti-choice.
Donating bone marrow causes no permanent damage to the donor (at worst mild discomfort). And yes I've been on the registry for nearly two decades.

So why should women be legally required to give birth to strangers?

No law compels women to give birth to their own children. Nature mandates that. Laws (should) prevent women (and men) from killing their own children (or anyone else).

No law compels women to give birth to their own children. Nature mandates that. Laws (should) prevent women (and men) from killing their own children (or anyone else).

This could not be further from the truth.

Just curious. One might assume that you all would be.

Do you think people should be legally required to donate bone marrow if they are a match for someone who needs it?

What's bone marrow got to do with being anti-abortion?
Let me guess where you're going with this. Here:

If you are the direct cause of someone ending up needing a bone marrow - then, you should!
It's only fair, right? You DELIBERATELY caused it - you give!

Anyway - why would you assume level-headed people would support mandated bone marrow harvesting!
It wouldn't be a "DONATION".......................................... if it is being forced upon you!

A donation is VOLUNTARY!

Mandated harvesting of any organs would be against human rights!

Last edited:
A pro-lifer probably would think that if they're consistent. Pro-lifers believe the government should be able to step in and use someone's body to save the "life" of a clump of cells. If you're OK with that, why wouldn't you be OK with involuntary organ harvesting to save actual lives? When posed that question, I'm sure those same people will start yelling about bodily autonomy and limited government. Hence the disconnect. Does the government have a right to overrule the sovereignty of our own bodies to "save lives", or not?

To compare that to abortion, is illogical!
It shows...................you're missing the whole point!
That you don't even understand the stance of pro-lifers!

Pro-lifers can't even be bothered to get a vaccine to save real human beings, so they really shouldn't be called pro-life, just anti-choice.

Aren't you getting hysterical here?

Where's your evidence they're all pro-lifers?
How do you know?

Back
Top Bottom