• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

• Total voters
Oh look, a Goobie trap thread. Now isn't this different...

From the article. Just to demonstrate that Goobie's "trap" thread is, as all of them are, dishonest, taken out of context, or both:

When asked about his background, which includes a black father and white mother, Obama said of African-Americans: "We are sort of a mongrel people."

"I mean we're all kinds of mixed up," Obama said. "That's actually true of white people as well, but we just know more about it."

The president's remarks were directed at the roots of all Americans. The definition of mongrel as an adjective is defined as "of mixed breed, nature, or origin," according to dictionary.com.

Obama did not appear to be making an inflammatory remark with his statement and the audience appeared to receive it in the light-hearted manner that often accompanies interviews on morning talk shows.

Why is this a trap thread? Do you really need to know the political party of the person who said it to determine your answer?

Oh look, a Goobie trap thread. Now isn't this different...
Oh look, another Redress response that attacks the poster and ignores the topic. What a surprise.

From the article. Just to demonstrate that Goobie's "trap" thread is, as all of them are, dishonest, taken out of context, or both:

So in other words, something that only sounds bad taken out of context...

Very difficult to put in words. Yes they are mixed. No more or less mixed than alot of white people. How, though, are they responsable for their culture when it is essentially an adoption of white, american culture. Complex issue, this mongrel word, he opened up a box of confusion.

lmao not that black culture is bad... but... mongrel has me confused :S /selfhatingracist

Why is this a trap thread? Do you really need to know the political party of the person who said it to determine your answer?

You need to know context and what was said in it's entirety. You haven't been around long enough to know that Goobie will take one piece of a statement and make it THE statement, like he did here, and try to trap folks into saying something that, in context, is not what was meant. It's what he does. What I do is expose the threads for what they are. It's kind of a "cold war" between the two of us.

There nothing dishonest about what I asked or in the posting of the thread.
Either the statement is worthwile or it is not -- who said it should make no diffrence.

So in other words, something that only sounds bad taken out of context...

Well if it wasn't that, it wouldn't be a Goobie trap thread, now would it?

"I mean we're all kinds of mixed up," Obama said. "That's actually true of white people as well, but we just know more about it."

That is why.

Edit: when some one makes a poll and does not include important details before asking your opinion, it's a safe bet it is a trap thread.

Many people believe that the cradle of civilization is in Africa. I tend to believe that Adam and Eve were black, along with God. It's the non-Africans that are the mongrels and deviate to one degree or another.

There nothing dishonest about what I asked or in the posting of the thread.
Either the statement is worthwile or it is not -- who said it should make no diffrence.

Who said it is irrelevant. But as you usually do, you didn't post the entire conversation and took the statement out of context. That's why your thread is dishonest. Context.

Many people believe that the cradle of civilization is in Africa. I tend to believe that Adam and Eve were black, along with God. It's the non-Africans that are the mongrels and deviate to one degree or another.

Look up Mitochondrial Eve sometime.

You need to know context and what was said in it's entirety. You haven't been around long enough to know that Goobie will take one piece of a statement and make it THE statement, like he did here, and try to trap folks into saying something that, in context, is not what was meant.
This is an absolute lie. I was asked to better define the term, and I did; it was quite clear from my response that the term was used as intended by The Obama.

The Obama clearly made the statement, and I did nothing to change the context in which He said it.

Imaging if Bush had said that, in ANY context.... (yeah I went there.) :lamo

This is an absolute lie. I was asked to better define the term, and I did; it was quite clear from my response that the term was used as intended by The Obama.

The Obama clearly made the statement, and I did nothing to change the context in which He said it.

Well, except for not including what he was talking about, or that he said every one, including whites where too. So you did not leave anything out, except the important context.

Imaging if Bush had said that, in ANY context.... (yeah I went there.) :lamo

Imagine if Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin had said it. All hell would've broken lose.

Referring to people as a "mongrel" type race is disgusting in so far as its usually a derrogatory term. However in the literal sense of the word, arent we all mongrel races???? I seriously doubt anymore that you can find a person who only has ONE race or ethnicity to them. We are all mixed with people from everywhere at some point in our genetic lines. Blacks were already a mix of different heritages, then came here as slaves, and mixed more and more. We are all mongrel races when it comes down to it.

That's what cracks me up about the KKK. They claim racial purity...but are ANY of us of pure race??? I dont think so.

Who said it is irrelevant.
I would certainly think so. What's your point?

But as you usually do, you didn't post the entire conversation and took the statement out of context.
I certainly did not. I put forth the statement and solicited opinions.
As you said, who said it shoudln't matter, and so noting that The Obama said in The View would be irrelevant.

That's why your thread is dishonest.
Is -that- all you have o say on the matter?
Good. Your self-imporant opoinin is noted and discarded.
You may leave now.

Well, except for not including what he was talking about, or that he said every one, including whites where too. So you did not leave anything out, except the important context.
None of that is relevant.
But, go on attacking the poster rather than discussing the topic

I'm just still kind of baffled. Who uses that term?

Back
Top Bottom