• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

Then why do you belittle the ones who say he may have been mentally unsound when you yourself agrees that what he said was wrong?

I don't think I said he was wrong.

As I have repeatedly explained, the SMB data are perfectly compatible with a warming Arctic. Warming increases precipitation as well as increasing surface melting, and if the former dominates, then the SMB increases. So the SMB data are perfectly compatible with a warming Arctic. I really don't know why you are having such a hard time understanding this!

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Why is this of any consequence whatsoever given normal and quite natural climate variation over recent millennia ?

What is weird is why they are trying so hard to convince us that nothing will happen.

What is weird is why they are trying so hard to convince us that nothing will happen.

Many peer review studies seem to say otherwise. There is nothing wrong with todays climate ..... live with it :wink:

Many peer review studies seem to say otherwise. There is nothing wrong with todays climate ..... live with it :wink:

True. It hasn't been that cold here lately. I guess I don't care as long as it's fine right now. :wink:

Dress accordingly.

I don't think I said he was wrong.

So you believe that Earth would turn into Venus then since Trump got out of the Paris Accord. Well, that explains a lot about you.

No they just take the coin :wink:

Yeah, sure. All those scientists are paid to make up data by governments who then ignore the data they paid the scientists to make up. And all the scientists go along with this since, being highly qualified in a numerate discipline, they will do anything, no matter how dishonest, to keep their relatively low-paying jobs in research. And this will all be kept secret. Makes sense to me :roll:

Peer review is done gratis- academics do it out of a sense of duty to science.

I’m sure you didn’t know that because the concept of doing something without a direct exchange of funds is alien to you, no doubt.

There is not direct money involved, that is why it is called pal review,
If you give my paper an easy review, I will give yours a friendly review!

There is not direct money involved, that is why it is called pal review,
If you give my paper an easy review, I will give yours a friendly review!

Oh right.

The scientists are doing it for the money, but do it free.

And they anonymously approve each other’s work because academics is such a collegial enterprise.

You worked in a University, but you clearly weren’t faculty!

Oh right.

The scientists are doing it for the money, but do it free.

And they anonymously approve each other’s work because academics is such a collegial enterprise.

You worked in a University, but you clearly weren’t faculty!
Not all or even most peer review is anonymous, and even if it were, if your friend has submitted a paper to Nature for example, don't you think they
mentioned that their paper was coming up for peer review?

Not all or even most peer review is anonymous, and even if it were, if your friend has submitted a paper to Nature for example, don't you think they
mentioned that their paper was coming up for peer review?

Blinded peer review is basically the standard for most reputable journals.

But I agree, the crap you guys present from third rate journals like Energy and the Environment may not be blind. Or reviewed at all.

Blinded peer review is basically the standard for most reputable journals.

But I agree, the crap you guys present from third rate journals like Energy and the Environment may not be blind. Or reviewed at all.
You think the small groups of AGW proponents in narrow areas of expertise, do not talk?
Climategate would suggest otherwise, if they have a paper submitted, everyone who is a likely reviewer knows they have just submitted a paper.

You think the small groups of AGW proponents in narrow areas of expertise, do not talk?
Climategate would suggest otherwise, if they have a paper submitted, everyone who is a likely reviewer knows they have just submitted a paper.

Oh- so you’re saying that the academic rivals review each other’s papers, but don’t actually critique them.

Where do you get this insider knowledge?

Oh, right. Denier blogs.

Back
Top Bottom