• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arabic to become compulsory in Israeli schools

kaya'08

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Last edited:
Given that military service is mandatory in Israel, that will come in handy later when these children grow up to become state soldiers.

Considering where they live ... I'd say it may be a useful skill

Given that military service is mandatory in Israel, that will come in handy later when these children grow up to become state soldiers.

Indeed, so far only basic Arabic was compulsory.
Those who've chosen to take it as an additional language have always had an advantage in the sorting to the various intelligence units in the IDF.

Many Israelis can speak Arabic and many Palestinians can speak Hebrew.

Most Israelis are bilingual and many are trilingual. I think it's a good idea, and it's not all that difficult to learn Arabic if you already know Hebrew and vice-versa. Both are Semitic languages with many commonalities.

Like Selam. :)
Which is ironically Turkish too. Well, it is now, i think we stole it off the Jews/Arabs.

I'm fluent in English and Hebrew, fairly fluent in Russian, and I can converse in basic Arabic but I am not very good at either reading or writing it.

I'm fluent in English and Hebrew, fairly fluent in Russian, and I can converse in basic Arabic but I am not very good at either reading or writing it.

ha! I can read but will have no clue what I'm reading

Good ofcourse, the more languages you know the better, especially of those who are your neighboors.
Today you have to learn a 3rd language (after hebrew and english) at junior high school, usually its either Arabic or French and some continue to learn it in high school.

The more languages you know is certainly better.

I can flip someone off in over 15 different languages.

I can also ask for sex in many languages.

Back
Top Bottom