• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty[W:14,W:94]

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
VIENNA- Arab states will push ahead with a bid to single out Israel for criticism over its assumed atomic arsenal at this week's UN nuclear agency meeting, despite Western pressure to refrain, a senior representative said on Friday.

Frustrated over the indefinite postponement last year of an international conference on banning atomic arms in the region, Arab states have proposed a non-binding resolution expressing concern about "Israeli nuclear capabilities".

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-...oin-global-anti-nuclear-weapons-treaty-326622

Seems strange when predators whine about their victims being able to defend themselves. We see it right here in the United States with Liberals and their crusade to disarm Americans.

Seems strange when predators whine about their victims being able to defend themselves. We see it right here in the United States with Liberals and their crusade to disarm Americans.

Do you have anything constructive and useful to say at all?

Israel at this point doesn't need nuclear weapons outside of deterring Iran. Its conventional military can handle all of the conventional threats it faces, short of Turkey attacking them which will not happen.

Furthermore, Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia not to mention the UAE and Bahrain share many of the same geopolitical goals as Israel does.

Do you have anything constructive and useful to say at all?

Israel at this point doesn't need nuclear weapons outside of deterring Iran. Its conventional military can handle all of the conventional threats it faces, short of Turkey attacking them which will not happen.

I'm aware of the self identified superiority and elitism of the loons, but common sense only dictates that a target should be the logical decider of adequacy of defense armament. Certainly you could convey to Israel your dictates on this matter, but understand that they may be brash enough to fail to follow your orders.

Got it?

Maybe when these Arab states stop swearing to destroy Israel and stop funding the attacks on them, they'll have a stronger case.

VIENNA- Arab states will push ahead with a bid to single out Israel for criticism over its assumed atomic arsenal at this week's UN nuclear agency meeting, despite Western pressure to refrain, a senior representative said on Friday.

Frustrated over the indefinite postponement last year of an international conference on banning atomic arms in the region, Arab states have proposed a non-binding resolution expressing concern about "Israeli nuclear capabilities".

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty | JPost | Israel News

This is more on the ground source I think. It is assumed that Israel has nukes. Some could prescribe to the assumptions without seeing Israel blasting one off I guess.

But I do not believe that they do have nukes unless they do so. Hence this conference is build on surreal concerns and at best would produce more lies.

Lies of lowest kinds. For instance Israel does not has nukes but may join the meeting as if it did. Then would try to negotiate a favorable deal with non existent nukes. Lastly may agree to the non-binding resolution to not use the nukes that it does not have.

Israel may not have nukes, but it has a tough media support that it seems to explode far greater with lies and fear to the hearts of Arabs. Unless they want to see how well the Israel having nukes assumption stands in this conference I do not see why would they arrange for such a conference to begin with.

Would seem weird for some that the entire foreign policy of the Arab world is centered around a country the size of a fingernail.

Would seem weird for some that the entire foreign policy of the Arab world is centered around a country the size of a fingernail.

To be fair, that country is illegally occupying Palestinian land, attacks innocent civilians, violates international law, has secret nuclear weapons and has the unconditional support of the US.

To be fair, that country is illegally occupying Palestinian land, attacks innocent civilians, violates international law, has secret nuclear weapons and has the unconditional support of the US.

If by "to be fair" you mean being totally subjective on a matter which you have no understanding of other than the misguiding and mistaken sources that you read, then sure.

Wouldn't Germany be able to make the same claim that Poland was illegally occupying Prussia today ?

That was Poland's biggest concern when the Berlin Wall came down and German reunification.

Historically, Prussia was always German until after WW ll when most Germans were either murdered or forced from Prussia.

Poland's and the Allies used the "Fruits of War" in layman terms "To the victors go the spoils."

Israel looks at it as the same way.

I believe it does fall under "The Laws of Nature" and "The Law of Nations."

Moderator's Warning:
Friendly warning to please remember that this is not the place to discuss the Israel/Palestine situation. Israel and Palestine are in the Middle East and there is a specific forum for this discussion. Please do not inject conversations specific to I/P into this thread.

but...*sigh* nevermind.

Going to be very difficult to discuss Arab/Israeli relations without mentioning the I/P situation, so time for me to bow out of this thread.

Arabs singling out Israel for criticism, eh? That's a new one.

More diversion to take away from the real issues.

I have to admit though, Arabs are a humorous bunch, only group I know that holds NONE of the cards and talks like they're Ace Flush...

Maybe when these Arab states stop swearing to destroy Israel and stop funding the attacks on them, they'll have a stronger case.

How is that proven.

This is more on the ground source I think. It is assumed that Israel has nukes. Some could prescribe to the assumptions without seeing Israel blasting one off I guess.

But I do not believe that they do have nukes unless they do so. Hence this conference is build on surreal concerns and at best would produce more lies.

Lies of lowest kinds. For instance Israel does not has nukes but may join the meeting as if it did. Then would try to negotiate a favorable deal with non existent nukes. Lastly may agree to the non-binding resolution to not use the nukes that it does not have.

Israel may not have nukes, but it has a tough media support that it seems to explode far greater with lies and fear to the hearts of Arabs. Unless they want to see how well the Israel having nukes assumption stands in this conference I do not see why would they arrange for such a conference to begin with.

Will you wait for Iran to blast one off before you accuse them of having one?

That fingernail is on Americas finger!

How refreshing, someone who actually sees it as it is.

AKA -- inbred genocidal antisemites indoctrinated by supremacist ideology just can't stand it when they are shown up by a tiny little country a miniscule percentage of their size or population.

Wouldn't Germany be able to make the same claim that Poland was illegally occupying Prussia today ?

Well German signed a treaty forgoing Prussia- which traditionally was Prussia not 'Germany' until quite late in European history and last i recall the Arabs have not surrendered the WB, which has been Arab for centuries, by treaty.

Apples and oranges...

Will you wait for Iran to blast one off before you accuse them of having one?

No one mentioned accusations. I just do not believe Israel has nukes before blasting one off as proof, that is all. Hence this all "conference" is a waste of what it was intended for.

Arabs singling out Israel for criticism, eh? That's a new one.

More diversion to take away from the real issues.

I have to admit though, Arabs are a humorous bunch, only group I know that holds NONE of the cards and talks like they're Ace Flush...

Why is Iran being called an Arab state?

Back
Top Bottom