• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty[W:14,W:94]

I am a lot more concerned about Pakistan's nukes than I ever will be about Israels.

Of course all nukes are a problem but I don't believe that they will disappear anytime soon ( Not saying that we shouldn't work on this.).

i am not so certain
exposing the hypocrisy of one regional power, which possesses a nuclear arsenal, objecting to the development of nuclear means by another regional power, might slow down the international effort to thwart iran's nuclear development capabilities
the reality is that other ME nations will seek a nuclear deterrent capacity as long as israel projects its nuclear capacity. only by dismantling israel's nuclear arms can the perceived need to develop nuclear equivalency be eliminated i that region

Justabubba, how can you 'like' the top post after you have written the above :doh

Paul

It is widely assumed that they do, but no confirmation has been made one way or the other. What the Arabs don't seem to grasp is that Israel is the only country that isn't acting like a belligerent. don't hear them talking about wiping others off the map, that they'll be crushed, yada yada yada... This whole thing is a ploy to justify behavior that isn't acceptable and to take the heat off of the known aggressors and point it smack dab at the one whom they are aggressive against.
I agree. It's transparent.

They think the US has a double standard against them now, wait until the oil starts pouring out of the Dakota's full stream, whatever leverage they think they'll have will dry up and then the fireworks will really begin...
We can continue to hope for a national energy policy which cleanly exploits all that we have. I've yet to see a national energy policy, and I'm 63. I have heard a lot of people tell us we can't touch the stuff because we'll ruin everything. I'd like to hear something positive for a change.

Why do you think they hate Israel so much? Perhaps if Israel treated the Palestinian people better, peace may be more likely.
It will take action by both sides to achieve peace, but let's not pretend Israel is in a moral position to sit back and demand other countries need to do all the work.

If Israel stopped the settlement expansion, land grabs, honoured Palestinian property deeds and stopped using collective punishment, then that would go a long way.

Chicken or egg. If Pali's stopped blowing up Izzy schoolbuses, the Izzy's might treat them better.... ya think?

Yes, it must be frustrating for the Arabs, particularly when the Jews do so well in the world with only the natural resources of the Israeli people available to them. Meanwhile those with the oil in the ground (which was developed by western nations) continue to be backward third world nations run by despots.

There must be some deeply wounded pride involved in their hatreds.

Steeped in a supremacist ideology as they are, is it any wonder that their main target is the tiny group of people who makes them feel the most shame?

What I find especially galling is the way the Hezbollah supporters don't bat an eye over the Muslim takeover of a Christian country like Lebanon, but to allow Jews a tiny little sliver of land? STRENG VERBOTEN!!

I seriously doubt that Israel is going to get rid of their nuclear weapons.

I agree their not, which is why Iran should want the deterrent.

Well, don't play coy. Get to it, man. As a sovereign nation, Israel has every right to defend itself, and its citizens. If that means having nuclear weapons, then so be it.

Then why couldn't that be said of Iran, or do you believe it could?

This is the narrative that is completely detached from reality. After MANY MANY attacks by Hezbollah did Israel finally retaliate. When cowards fire missiles from their baby's crib side are they not putting their babies lives at risk? Hiding in schools, in hospitals, like cockroaches of the night, doing their dirty in the dark and scurrying back to their locations of safety when the lights come on. I am so sick of people defending the actions of street thugs and common criminals who fight and hide behind their wives hijab and their baby's cribs because they can't gird their loins and fight like real men, and quite frankly, like real Muslims. If the Prophet were alive he'd have everyone of these kafir disemboweled...

Maybe if the US provided them with the military power that they provide Israel with, they could stand and fight like real men. Take the US and other western support away from Israel and they would do whatever they had to to survive as well.

they could stand and fight like real men. .

No. They would still be subhumans and fighting with the same subhuman ambitions, but would have better weapons.

What the Hezbollah supporter is calling a "small attack" consisted of 4000 rockets fired into Israel with the intent on killing any Jew they could.

But, of course, Jews are the one people on Earth who can't possibly be allowed to defend themselves. Not when the agenda is their destruction, anyway.

No! It was because Hezbollah attacked two humvees and killed 3 IDF soldiers.

Then why couldn't that be said of Iran, or do you believe it could?

Because Israel is an advanced nation and Iran is a third world Theocracy run by wacko fanatics of every stripe. This shouldn't need explaining.

No. They would still be subhumans and fighting with the same subhuman ambitions, but would have better weapons.

Do you say that about Hezbollah, all terrorists or all Muslims?

Israel has nuclear weapons because they stole all the U.S. secrets.

"Declassified FBI documents from a 1985-2002 investigation implicate Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in an initiative to illegally purchase United States nuclear technology for Israel’s nuclear program.

Netanyahu was allegedly helped by Arnon Milchan, a Hollywood producer with ties to Israeli prime ministers and U.S. presidents."

Richard Kelly Smyth, who was extradited from Spain, admitted a 'grave error' in shipping to Israel devices that can fire nuclear weapons.

The Apollo Affair
From Wikipedia
The Apollo Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zalman Shapiro
From Wikipedia
Zalman Shapiro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I strongly suspect that the NSA surveillance program was all about economic espionage and the theft of every secret known to Mankind.

When I review the success of Telsa Motors, (as an example) I chalk it all up to "Theft" via Israel's dominant position within the computer programming field.

"[Israel] is behind only the United States and China in the number of companies listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange."
--Fareed Zakaria, CNN GPS, May 13, 2012--

One of the most popular anti-virus programs "Check-Point ZoneAlarm" is owned by Israeli interests.

"In 2006 the Check Point Software Technologies company, which specializes in protecting computer systems from hackers and data theft, wanted to acquire an American company called Sourcefire, which works in the same field. The great advantage of Sourcefire was that its clients include the American Defense Department and the National Security Agency. The U.S. administration, however, by means of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, did not approve the acquisition.
The committee made its decision based on an opinion by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and NSA security officers. The two organizations were afraid that Check Point, which was founded by Gil Shwed and fellow graduates of Unit 8200, the Israel Defense Forces' high-tech intelligence unit, would have access to top-secret information, which it could pass on to Israel's intelligence community."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/s_88316.html

How Israeli Backdoor Technology Penetrated the U.S. Government's Telecom System and Compromised National Security
An Israeli Trojan Horse
By Christopher Ketcham
September 27, 2008
An Israeli Trojan Horse » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel
Secret deal places no legal limits on use of data by Israelis
Only official US government communications protected
Agency insists it complies with rules governing privacy
By Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras and Ewen MacAskill
September 11, 2013
NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel | World news | The Guardian

Calm

Last edited:
Because Israel is an advanced nation and Iran is a third world Theocracy run by wacko fanatics of every stripe. This shouldn't need explaining.

That's your opinion Grant. But in the last 400 years, when has Iran waged wars with its neighbours or halfway around the world for that matter like the US can't seem to stop doing?

Iran has its problems too be sure, what nation doesn't. But at least Iran's covert operations are in its own back yard protecting its own national interests. Whereas, the US can't refrain from butting into everyone's business everywhere. There's no end to the places we send the CIA to destroy democracies. You are an apologist for US crimes. That's NOT to say that ALL US foreign policy is criminal by any means.

Israel has nuclear weapons because they stole all the U.S. secrets.

"Declassified FBI documents from a 1985-2002 investigation implicate Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in an initiative to illegally purchase United States nuclear technology for Israel’s nuclear program.

Netanyahu was allegedly helped by Arnon Milchan, a Hollywood producer with ties to Israeli prime ministers and U.S. presidents."

Richard Kelly Smyth, who was extradited from Spain, admitted a 'grave error' in shipping to Israel devices that can fire nuclear weapons.

The Apollo Affair
From Wikipedia
The Apollo Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zalman Shapiro
From Wikipedia
Zalman Shapiro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I strongly suspect that the NSA surveillance program was all about economic espionage and the theft of every secret known to Mankind.

When I review the success of Telsa Motors, (as an example) I chalk it all up to "Theft" via Israel's dominant position within the computer programming field.

"[Israel] is behind only the United States and China in the number of companies listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange."
--Fareed Zakaria, CNN GPS, May 13, 2012--

How Israeli Backdoor Technology Penetrated the U.S. Government's Telecom System and Compromised National Security
An Israeli Trojan Horse
By Christopher Ketcham
September 27, 2008
An Israeli Trojan Horse » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel
Secret deal places no legal limits on use of data by Israelis
Only official US government communications protected
Agency insists it complies with rules governing privacy
By Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras and Ewen MacAskill
September 11, 2013
NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel | World news | The Guardian

Calm

Great post!

Maybe if the US provided them with the military power that they provide Israel with, they could stand and fight like real men. Take the US and other western support away from Israel and they would do whatever they had to to survive as well.

I agree that Muslims/Arabs do not fight 'like real men', but why are you wanting them to fight?

That's your opinion Grant. But in the last 400 years, when has Iran waged wars with its neighbours or halfway around the world for that matter like the US can't seem to stop doing?

Iran has its problems too be sure, what nation doesn't. But at least Iran's covert operations are in its own back yard protecting its own national interests. Whereas, the US can't refrain from butting into everyone's business everywhere. There's no end to the places we send the CIA to destroy democracies. You are an apologist for US crimes. That's NOT to say that ALL US foreign policy is criminal by any means.

This is the country you are equating with the United States.

Human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really were carefully taught.

Moderator's Warning:
There's a mod warning in place that is being ignored. Thread will now be moved to the ME Forum. Please be aware that Martial Law now applies.

I agree that Muslims/Arabs do not fight 'like real men', but why are you wanting them to fight?

I don't want anybody to fight, that should be clear by now. But Hezbollah was criticised as fighting like women as though Israelis (with lots of women in the IDF) fight like men. My point is that they wouldn't be so aggressive without the US standing behind them loading the guns and handing them to them.

You feel that Israelis are the aggressors in the Middle East?

Introduction - The Miracles of the Six-Day War

They have sent their US provided fighters on MULTIPLE missions in many neighbouring countries to attack unproven nuclear weapons cites. Assassinated Iranian scientists and encroached on Palestinian (there I mentioned it) territories with their settlements, just to name a few aggressions.

I have no excuses for any and all Iranian human rights abuses on their citizens. My comparison was to the US wars compared to Iranian wars and the US fails, STOP.........twisting what I say. And for god sake if your in CA, get off here and go eat a fine meal at a good Latin American restaurant and have a cold beer:)

Uh oh. I don't think that can be dogmatically stated.

It would be dogmatically stated if said otherwise. There are no facts that Israel has nukes for none have been blown thus far (at least as tests).

I find it amazing that I can leave this topic alone for almost 3 years, 3 freakin years, and when I return I'm still hearing the same nonsensical arguments...

Back
Top Bottom