• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty[W:14,W:94]

VIENNA-
Arab states will push ahead with a bid to single out Israel for criticism over its assumed atomic arsenal at this week's UN nuclear agency meeting, despite Western pressure to refrain, a senior representative said on Frida
y.

Frustrated over the indefinite postponement last year of an international conference on banning atomic arms in the region, Arab states have proposed a non-binding resolution expressing concern about "Israeli nuclear capabilities".

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty | JPost | Israel News

The Arab states are wasting their time and energy on this.

It will have no effect on Israel whatsoever.

I'm not saying that they don't have a valid point, just that this will not have any effect.

VIENNA- Arab states will push ahead with a bid to single out Israel for criticism over its assumed atomic arsenal at this week's UN nuclear agency meeting, despite Western pressure to refrain, a senior representative said on Friday.

Frustrated over the indefinite postponement last year of an international conference on banning atomic arms in the region, Arab states have proposed a non-binding resolution expressing concern about "Israeli nuclear capabilities".

Arab states call on Israel to join global anti-nuclear weapons treaty | JPost | Israel News

If I were a tiny little country surrounded by genocidal enemies that hated me so much they cheered children blowing themselves up to kill my children... I'd want nukes too.

Who calls Puerto Ricans Mexicans?

It has been my experience that most people when speaking of people of Latin descent lump all of them together and call them "Mexicans" regardless of their actual ethnicity.

Having worked closely with Latino's I know better than to do this. But it is done, quite frequently...

Last edited:
It's the chromed chain steering wheel fetish they both share that does it.

you've never seen the tongue lashing given for the faux pas, it would seem...;)

I'm not saying that they don't have a valid point, just that this will not have any effect.

i am not so certain
exposing the hypocrisy of one regional power, which possesses a nuclear arsenal, objecting to the development of nuclear means by another regional power, might slow down the international effort to thwart iran's nuclear development capabilities
the reality is that other ME nations will seek a nuclear deterrent capacity as long as israel projects its nuclear capacity. only by dismantling israel's nuclear arms can the perceived need to develop nuclear equivalency be eliminated i that region

I am a lot more concerned about Pakistan's nukes than I ever will be about Israels.

Of course all nukes are a problem but I don't believe that they will disappear anytime soon ( Not saying that we shouldn't work on this.).

you've never seen the tongue lashing given for the faux pas, it would seem...;)
Yeah. I dunno. They all look alike to me. I can't wait for the tongue lashing for that one, too. It's all good fun. It's always nice for the critics to have something they can sink their teeth into, rather than simply attacking me for "leaning". In the meantime....Israel has nukes? Who knew? I just recently found out Assad has CW - he originally said he didn't have any of those laying around. Saddam said he did, but he didn't. What a bunch of jokers these guys are.

Oh I agree with you on that but you have to ask in order to be told no and then you have Israel formally saying NO!

i am not so certain
exposing the hypocrisy of one regional power, which possesses a nuclear arsenal, objecting to the development of nuclear means by another regional power, might slow down the international effort to thwart iran's nuclear development capabilities
the reality is that other ME nations will seek a nuclear deterrent capacity as long as israel projects its nuclear capacity. only by dismantling israel's nuclear arms can the perceived need to develop nuclear equivalency be eliminated i that region

Thanks for injecting your logic. Btw, the sig line is GREAT!

i am not so certain

Would that it were so... but I fear you are overestimating the rationality of the other side.

Yeah. I dunno. They all look alike to me. I can't wait for the tongue lashing for that one, too. It's all good fun. It's always nice for the critics to have something they can sink their teeth into, rather than simply attacking me for "leaning". In the meantime....Israel has nukes? Who knew? I just recently found out Assad has CW - he originally said he didn't have any of those laying around. Saddam said he did, but he didn't. What a bunch of jokers these guys are.

It is widely assumed that they do, but no confirmation has been made one way or the other. What the Arabs don't seem to grasp is that Israel is the only country that isn't acting like a belligerent. don't hear them talking about wiping others off the map, that they'll be crushed, yada yada yada... This whole thing is a ploy to justify behavior that isn't acceptable and to take the heat off of the known aggressors and point it smack dab at the one whom they are aggressive against.

They think the US has a double standard against them now, wait until the oil starts pouring out of the Dakota's full stream, whatever leverage they think they'll have will dry up and then the fireworks will really begin...

They don't talk about it, they just do it. In June of 2006 in response to a small attack by Hezbollah, Israel took out their aggressions on the innocent as they are prone to do. For 51 days they bombed Lebanon, killing 1,500 civilians, making refugees of another 750,000 and destroying 3billion dollars worth of the countries infrastructure. What ME country that has voiced a desire to do the same thing to Israel has actually done the same to Israel? I'm so sick of Israel getting a pass and being treated as the victim. They are way beyond belligerent! Not until the president of Lebanon was on national television BEGGING the world to make them stop was their intervention.

If I were a tiny little country surrounded by genocidal enemies that hated me so much they cheered children blowing themselves up to kill my children... I'd want nukes too.

I'm sure the Israel haters in this thread who share such an agenda will overlook that.

They don't talk about it, they just do it. In June of 2006 in response to a small attack by Hezbollah, Israel took out their aggressions on the innocent as they are prone to do. For 51 days they bombed Lebanon, killing 1,500 civilians, making refugees of another 750,000 and destroying 3billion dollars worth of the countries infrastructure. What ME country that has voiced a desire to do the same thing to Israel has actually done the same to Israel? I'm so sick of Israel getting a pass and being treated as the victim. They are way beyond belligerent! Not until the president of Lebanon was on national television BEGGING the world to make them stop was their intervention.

This is the narrative that is completely detached from reality. After MANY MANY attacks by Hezbollah did Israel finally retaliate. When cowards fire missiles from their baby's crib side are they not putting their babies lives at risk? Hiding in schools, in hospitals, like cockroaches of the night, doing their dirty in the dark and scurrying back to their locations of safety when the lights come on. I am so sick of people defending the actions of street thugs and common criminals who fight and hide behind their wives hijab and their baby's cribs because they can't gird their loins and fight like real men, and quite frankly, like real Muslims. If the Prophet were alive he'd have everyone of these kafir disemboweled...

Why do you think they hate Israel so much? Perhaps if Israel treated the Palestinian people better, peace may be more likely.
It will take action by both sides to achieve peace, but let's not pretend Israel is in a moral position to sit back and demand other countries need to do all the work.

If Israel stopped the settlement expansion, land grabs, honoured Palestinian property deeds and stopped using collective punishment, then that would go a long way.

This is the narrative that is completely detached from reality. After MANY MANY attacks by Hezbollah did Israel finally retaliate. When cowards fire missiles from their baby's crib side are they not putting their babies lives at risk? Hiding in schools, in hospitals, like cockroaches of the night, doing their dirty in the dark and scurrying back to their locations of safety when the lights come on. I am so sick of people defending the actions of street thugs and common criminals who fight and hide behind their wives hijab and their baby's cribs because they can't gird their loins and fight like real men, and quite frankly, like real Muslims. If the Prophet were alive he'd have everyone of these kafir disemboweled...

What the Hezbollah supporter is calling a "small attack" consisted of 4000 rockets fired into Israel with the intent on killing any Jew they could.

But, of course, Jews are the one people on Earth who can't possibly be allowed to defend themselves. Not when the agenda is their destruction, anyway.

What the Hezbollah supporter is calling a "small attack" consisted of 4000 rockets fired into Israel with the intent on killing any Jew they could.

But, of course, Jews are the one people on Earth who can't possibly be allowed to defend themselves. Not when the agenda is their destruction, anyway.

Oh, I know, I've hashed this out too many times to count, really I mean I've probably posted the equivalent to War and Peace on the subject, which is why I usually refrain from engaging the topic here.

No one is so blind as those who refuse to see...

Why do you think they hate Israel so much? Perhaps if Israel treated the Palestinian people better, peace may be more likely.
It will take action by both sides to achieve peace, but let's not pretend Israel is in a moral position to sit back and demand other countries need to do all the work.

If Israel stopped the settlement expansion, land grabs, honoured Palestinian property deeds and stopped using collective punishment, then that would go a long way.

Or, perhaps if the Arabs who began calling themselves "Palestinians" in recent years as a propaganda ploy were to abandon their 90 year long campaign of terror, and did not reserve the highest honors in their culture for those who could murder the most Jews, who knows? :roll:

Of course, with their beloved Mufti of Jerusalem having been promised the extermination of Middle Eastern Jewry after the Nazis finished them off off in Europe, I suppose they are bound to be a little frustrated.

Or, perhaps if the Arabs who began calling themselves "Palestinians" in recent years as a propaganda ploy were to abandon their 90 year long campaign of terror, and did not reserve the highest honors in their culture for those who could murder the most Jews, who knows? :roll:

Of course, with their beloved Mufti of Jerusalem having been promised the extermination of Middle Eastern Jewry after the Nazis finished them off off in Europe, I suppose they are bound to be a little frustrated.

Yes, it must be frustrating for the Arabs, particularly when the Jews do so well in the world with only the natural resources of the Israeli people available to them. Meanwhile those with the oil in the ground (which was developed by western nations) continue to be backward third world nations run by despots.

There must be some deeply wounded pride involved in their hatreds.

VIENNA- Arab states will push ahead with a bid to single out Israel for criticism over its assumed atomic arsenal at this week's UN nuclear agency meeting, despite Western pressure to refrain, a senior representative said on Friday.

And as more Arab nations move toward obtaining and/or manufacturing nuclear arms (amongst other weapons of "mass destruction") their concerns about Israel possessing nuclear arms becomes null and void.

And as more Arab nations move toward obtaining and/or manufacturing nuclear arms (amongst other weapons of "mass destruction") their concerns about Israel possessing nuclear arms becomes null and void.

However Israel may not feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom