• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab states call for international action against Syrian regime

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
At an Arab League meeting in Cairo on Sunday evening, foreign ministers passed a resolution pressing the United Nations and the global community to “take the deterrent and necessary measures against the culprits of this crime that the Syrian regime bears responsibility for,” according to Reuters.

The ministers also concluded that those responsible for the lethal chemical weapons attack should face trial just like other “war criminals.”

After President Obama announced he'd seek congressional approval before acting in Syria, the Syrian army began shelling rebel-held suburbs. One newspaper mocked the president while the Syrian deputy foreign minister said Obama's delay was laughable. Bill Neely reports.

And Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal said merely condemning President Bashar Assad’s regime for alleging staging the poison gas attack, which the White House has said killed some 1,429 people, was only a half measure.

“The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy,” al-Faisal said, Reuters reported.

{snip}

Read more:
Arab states call for international action against Syrian regime - World News

I guess Republicans are no the only ones that mock Obama.

holb_c11175120130827120100.jpg

At an Arab League meeting in Cairo on Sunday evening, foreign ministers passed a resolution pressing the United Nations and the global community to “take the deterrent and necessary measures against the culprits of this crime that the Syrian regime bears responsibility for,” according to Reuters.

The ministers also concluded that those responsible for the lethal chemical weapons attack should face trial just like other “war criminals.”

After President Obama announced he'd seek congressional approval before acting in Syria, the Syrian army began shelling rebel-held suburbs. One newspaper mocked the president while the Syrian deputy foreign minister said Obama's delay was laughable. Bill Neely reports.

And Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal said merely condemning President Bashar Assad’s regime for alleging staging the poison gas attack, which the White House has said killed some 1,429 people, was only a half measure.

“The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy,” al-Faisal said, Reuters reported.

{snip}

Read more:
Arab states call for international action against Syrian regime - World News

I guess Republicans are no the only ones that mock Obama.

holb_c11175120130827120100.jpg

The time goes on and on to do something. We have let lots of people die over there. And the murder goes on, as if to prove that the UN and its charter are not part of the solution but a cause of the problem.

Now I do not think the US should make this its war. The international community is responsible for R2P. If they do not accept the responsibility, then we must make the understand it is. I thought that G W Bush had made it clear and the message did reach Paris. It did not reach Moscow, Peking or Berlin.

I seem to recall most of Europe mocking BushII. I recall Saddam's bunch mocking BushII. I recall Russia mocking BushII.

Suddenly the Cons are sensitive to what the world thinks?

Cons are mad when President Obama acts on his own, they are mad when he goes to congress for approval. Some Cons must have diaper rash.

When it comes to the Arab states calling on others to fix Syria I have to wonder why should non Muslims fix a Muslim nation when seems to me the 'Arab States' in question should be quite capable of doing just that.

I mean, the OP drug in a blog claiming Saudi Arabia threatened a massive wave of terrorism on the Roosians if they continue to support Syria, seems to me the Saudis have the might to toss a two bit dictator out on his can.

Something don't jibe.

and there it is. the whole reason for discussion. Its not about regime change. Its about punishing the use of chemical weapons. Its good you finally realized that.

I seem to recall most of Europe mocking BushII. I recall Saddam's bunch mocking BushII. I recall Russia mocking BushII.

Cons are mad when President Obama acts on his own, they are mad when he goes to congress for approval. Some Cons must have diaper rash.

When it comes to the Arab states calling on others to fix Syria I have to wonder why should non Muslims fix a Muslim nation when seems to me the 'Arab States' in question should be quite capable of doing just that.

I mean, the OP drug in a blog claiming Saudi Arabia threatened a massive wave of terrorism on the Roosians if they continue to support Syria, seems to me the Saudis have the might to toss a two bit dictator out on his can.

Something don't jibe.
Seems to me we should let the Arab League and the folks in that region sort it out. The combatants are not threatening their neighbors... if it spills over, then rethink it. We had our own civil war in which 600 thousand were killed, understanding no chem weapons back then, but still... it was our war. Regular bombs do quite the same damage, except they destroy structures and other stuff as well. Not saying its good by any means... but there are just no "good guys" for us to fight with/for. If the rebels win and they get the chem weapons, what do you think they will do with them...anything good?

And do you remember Dems/libs mocking GWB as well? Maybe the liberal diaper rash has become contagious. Maybe we should contact the CDC, think they would move to eradicate this plague for us? I mean, most understand modern liberalism might just be a disorder, but if it also has this observable rash associated with it... should not something be done?

Seems to me we should let the Arab League and the folks in that region sort it out. The combatants are not threatening their neighbors... if it spills over, then rethink it. We had our own civil war in which 600 thousand were killed, understanding no chem weapons back then, but still... it was our war. Regular bombs do quite the same damage, except they destroy structures and other stuff as well. Not saying its good by any means... but there are just no "good guys" for us to fight with/for. If the rebels win and they get the chem weapons, what do you think they will do with them...anything good?

And do you remember Dems/libs mocking GWB as well? Maybe the liberal diaper rash has become contagious. Maybe we should contact the CDC, think they would move to eradicate this plague for us? I mean, most understand modern liberalism might just be a disorder, but if it also has this observable rash associated with it... should not something be done?

Hmmm I recall the Cons mocking anyone who refused to rubberstamp whatever the BushII administration claimed Iraq was doing. Surrender monkeys and 'hate America first' seemed to be the retort to anyone in the democratic party who questioned the 'proof'.

I'd say the dems questioned BushII, not mocked like the OP spammer is attempting to claim the republicans are doing. (I don't see most of the GOP as mocking Obama- this is mainly in the OP's fantasy world)

He seems to be his own special snowflake... :peace

Hmmm I recall the Cons mocking anyone who refused to rubberstamp whatever the BushII administration claimed Iraq was doing. Surrender monkeys and 'hate America first' seemed to be the retort to anyone in the democratic party who questioned the 'proof'.

I'd say the dems questioned BushII, not mocked like the OP spammer is attempting to claim the republicans are doing. (I don't see most of the GOP as mocking Obama- this is mainly in the OP's fantasy world)

He seems to be his own special snowflake... :peace
Well, at least, I believe, we are in somewhat agreement as to who should handle this thing... that is a positive and something our parties should attempt to achieve as well. Obama, you would have to agree, should never have drawn that red line in the sand over there.

But surely you jest saying the dems did not mock GW... can you really say that with a straight face?

Well, at least, I believe, we are in somewhat agreement as to who should handle this thing... that is a positive and something our parties should attempt to achieve as well. Obama, you would have to agree, should never have drawn that red line in the sand over there.

But surely you jest saying the dems did not mock GW... can you really say that with a straight face?

I said it and typed it with a straight face Mocking isn't criticizing. I do believe I said that unlike the OP Spammer I don't think the Republicans are mocking Obama. (some putzes on the internet are but what the hey)

I think the use of Chem weapons does cross a line- what we should do about it is open for debate- I have ZERO heartburn over a few Syrian defense buildings, unit HQs getting a cruise missile douche. No need to invade like Reagan did Lebanon or BushII did Iraq- neither of those moves by the so-called 'strong leaders' worked out very well.

I almost fell over when senator McCain said Congress should back what the President decides- I guess McCain means only when McCain agrees. ;)

that strange bedfellows thing comes to mind...

and there it is. the whole reason for discussion. Its not about regime change. Its about punishing the use of chemical weapons. Its good you finally realized that.

The fact the your dear one has led from behind for two years regarding the Syrian revolt. Did he draw a red line in the sand last year and another this year and personally did nothing to curb Assad in the meantime. The first time Assad used poison gas last year is when the hammer should have come down. Oh, I forgot it was an election year. Not even the 9/11 Benghazi attack and the death of four Americans should have interfered with Obama's re-election. Gee, all those "Phony Scandals'.

Something don't jibe.
IMO: just one reason that nothing is ever going to get done right in this country. We have become so partisan that each president can do whatever they want and the party will stick by them - just like you're watching a football game and you root on your team. Just think of how many times we have had presidents not seek congressional approval on acts and then it doesn't bother the American people if the ref throws a flag out. :roll:

IMO: just one reason that nothing is ever going to get done right in this country. We have become so partisan that each president can do whatever they want and the party will stick by them - just like you're watching a football game and you root on your team. Just think of how many times we have had presidents not seek congressional approval on acts and then it doesn't bother the American people if the ref throws a flag out. :roll:

Your opinion is well noted and one has to stop and consider why and when this started. In other words what came first the chicken or the egg. Was this extreme partisanship begun during the Clinton administration, or did it begin with the attempt of Al Gore to steal the election from Bush? From what I can remember the extreme partisanship of Democrat (Left) versus Republican (Right) really began then. BTW how's that hanging "Chad"?

Your opinion is well noted and one has to stop and consider why and when this started. In other words what came first the chicken or the egg. Was this extreme partisanship begun during the Clinton administration, or did it begin with the attempt of Al Gore to steal the election from Bush? From what I can remember the extreme partisanship of Democrat (Left) versus Republican (Right) really began then. BTW how's that hanging "Chad"?
And like I said: Go Team Go! Rah! Team Rah! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom