• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab song for kids: Allah loves martyrs

It is very disturbing.
I cannot ever imagine sitting my children infront of a TV to watch this. It is poison.

That would largely depend on which Country you were living in, on what type of Government that country had, on what type of religion that Country abided by.
So for example were you to dwell in an area like Gaza then your area would be ruled by Hamas, who subscribe to Islam as the only religion, all other religions being banned.
Your childdren would be coerced to watch whatever Hamas allowed to be broadcast, you would permit your children to watch TV, because otherwise you yourself would be reported by your child to Hamas as having forbidden your child to watch TV.

Gardener, perhaps you should learn a wee bit about the country and its language and where the Armenians of Lebanon came from before you post.

I speak very fluent Armenian as well by the way ;)

I grew up with Lebanese Christians -- ACTUAL Lebanese Christians rather than those who just like to impersonate them -- and that's why I knew of the language and how it is distinct from Arabic.

Thus the three links I posted ........

No, not at all.
I'm speaking Arabic and the translation was accurate.
I believe Laila knows Arabic as well.

Apocalypse.

Lonewolf is correct.

She says "Hasbona Allah Wa Ni'ima al wakil"

The exact translation is = Allah is sufficient for us and a great defender/protector.

Arabic is my mother tongue and LoneWolf's as well.

So does the song say "allah loves martyrs" or not?

I grew up with Lebanese Christians -- ACTUAL Lebanese Christians rather than those who just like to impersonate them -- and that's why I knew of the language and how it is distinct from Arabic.

Oh, I did not realise you grew up in a Maronite community, just that you had known one or two as a child. Mira has said repeatedly that she is not a Maronite, the people who carried out the infamous massacres facilitated by the IDF and that along with the rest of the Lebanon war being the reason I gave up my previous lifelong unconditional support for Israel.

Sabra and Shatila massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Somehow or other your Maronite friends failed to tell you there were other Christians in the Lebanon.

Lebanese Christians belong mostly to the Maronite Catholic Church, with sizable minorities of Greek Orthodox and Melkite Greek Catholics. There are many Roman Catholics in the country due to French rule, and most of them are of French descent.

Arab Christians and Arabic-speaking Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At some point the guy sings "Al shaheed habib Allah" which is a popular slogan meaning = the martyr is God's beloved.

Gardener, let me try to explain this to you as calmly as possible.

In Lebanon the official language is Arabic. All of the "Arabised" people speak Arabic but they have different Arabic dialects, more or less mixed with their original language, the languages of their invaders and colonisers.
All of the Arab and Arabised countries have in common the classical Arabic which is the common, official and administrative language. The newspapers are in classical Arabic, the radio, tv news as well as the language of discourses and official announcements.
There are dialects that are more or less simmilar. A Lebanese, a Syrian, a Jordanian and a Palestinian can understand each other perfectly well. We need some ear training to understand an Iraqi or a Kuweiti, as to the Egyptians we can all understand Egyptians because of the popularity of Egyptian cinéma.

It is extremeky difficult for a Lebanese lets say to understand a North African such as an Algerian for example, because as our Arabic is mixed with our original language and some Turkish words, their Arabic is mixed with Berber and French.

In short, you can get a Saudi a Lebanese an Algerian and a Morrocan in the same room and they will have trouble understanding each other but they can all read the same newspaper and watch the news on television.

When you say that my parents should have tought me Lebanese, it makes me giggle, because I speak exactly the same language that your Christian friend does. It's our common language, wether you choose to call it Arabic or Lebanese. I see it as 80% Arabic mixed with a few other languages . We learn classical Arabic at school. Both your Christian friends and I had school books in classical Arabic, read the papers in that same classical Arabic.

When you say my parents came from Armenia, they didn't, the Armenians of the Middle East came from Ottoman Turkey fleeing the genocide of 1915.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
At some point the guy sings "Al shaheed habib Allah" which is a popular slogan meaning = the martyr is God's beloved.

ok, then I understand why it is quite shocking

ok, then I understand why it is quite shocking

It just makes me really sad :( kids deserve better than this

It just makes me really sad :( kids deserve better than this

Indeed, teaching hatred to kids is great for making conflicts last longer.

In certain regions it seems that tensions are never solved (like in former Yougoslavia) while in others it is the contrary (like Belgium or France, which have been invaded and occupied by Germany twice during the last century, and today the Germans are our best friends, there are German flags everywhere in touristic towns in southern Belgium, even where Germans have commited atrocities in the past)

In certain regions it seems that tensions are never solved (like in former Yougoslavia) while in others it is the contrary (like Belgium or France, which have been invaded and occupied by Germany twice during the last century, and today the Germans are our best friends, there are German flags everywhere in touristic towns in southern Belgium, even where Germans have commited atrocities in the past)

It's not as simple as that really.

I just spent a week in South Lebanon in a village called Houla on the Israeli border. Had plenty of time to drive around the area, talk to people and especially observe the children of the family that I was staying with and converse with them of course.

I can go on and on speaking about it for hours ..... quite amazing and very sad

Well, you can continue Mira because I'm sure no one is willing to discuss the religion of hate and its following. Volatile stuff, saying what I believe could get me killed these days, 3 centuries of progress means nothing to these fascists.

Same here with the Germans, and you know our history with them.

Am not sure whats "shocking" about that?

Anyone murdered at the expense of Zionism is considered a martyr.

It is very disturbing.
I cannot ever imagine sitting my children infront of a TV to watch this. It is poison.

I can imagine you doing just that if you lived in a Country that did this as normal with it's citizens, because if the child on going to school reported 'however inadvertently' that you refused to allow viewing of this prog. would likely result in 1) Your child being removed from you.
2) Your being charged with some anti Islamic rhetoric and punished.

I can imagine you doing just that if you lived in a Country that did this as normal with it's citizens, because if the child on going to school reported 'however inadvertently' that you refused to allow viewing of this prog. would likely result in 1) Your child being removed from you.
2) Your being charged with some anti Islamic rhetoric and punished.

I thought you were joking the first time round, but Mira is Middle eastern meaning your silly (almost comical) portrayal of middle eastern realities wont work on her, lol.

I thought you were joking the first time round, but Mira is Middle eastern meaning your silly (almost comical) portrayal of middle eastern realities wont work on her, lol.

I believe he was talking to Laila, not Mira.

I believe he was talking to Laila, not Mira.

Laila, Mira, Françoise or Gertrude .... doesn't matter, one doens't even have to be from the M.E. in order to know better, especially someone who is participating in a forum about the M.E. :doh

Well, you can continue Mira because I'm sure no one is willing to discuss the religion of hate and its following. Volatile stuff, saying what I believe could get me killed these days, 3 centuries of progress means nothing to these fascists.

You sound like a very loving person yourself...

You sound like a very loving person yourself...
I am, especially in comparison to someone who's trying to inspire young children to kill innocent people in the name of God.

Back
Top Bottom