• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab song for kids: Allah loves martyrs

I couldn't agree more. Brainwashing is all around us.

I think you forgot part of your post; where was the sentence listing how many suicide bombings and wars are being driven by people in the youtube video?

many people see jihad and mayrtdom now a days as a sucide bomber bot jihad can be as simple as gettting milk from a grocery store for there family.

Somehow I doubt that muslims would be having the same worldwide conflicts with the rest of the non-muslim world if their "jihad" interpretation merely involved purchasing 2% or skim at the local 7-11. :rolleyes:

I think you forgot part of your post; where was the sentence listing how many suicide bombings and wars are being driven by people in the youtube video?

I hear ya Joergan.

I was pointing out that forms of brainwashing happen anywhere. Perhaps these young Jesus Camp people will some day grow up, as the young people before them did, and take their rightful place amongst the rank and file and do their part in killing these other brainwashed Muslim's, half way around the world. Onward Christian Soldier's! OOO-RAH!

I do get your valid point that by comparison our brain washing seems mild in comparison but look at the end game. How many dead Muslim's are in body bags vs. dead christians?

Let the young Palestinians sing their songs. We have our youth waiting in the wings to blow them away too.

Gotta love religion.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Brainwashing is all around us.

Very good point. I remember hearing one of the Bush administration saying something along the lines 'what they (Al Qaeda types) don't realise is that we are fanatical too'. (sorry cannot remember who, might have been Rumsfield) Given Bush's 'crusade' mistake, made me sit up. I do think the extent of religious extremism in the US is a cause for concern whether it comes from denying of reality as in creationism or the literal Christians, the pro Zionists or any other Christian extremist and I think there are a lot in the US. You do not need to be a suicide bomber when you have at your disposal the largest and best equipped military in the world.

Last edited:
I do not like this song. Then again, there are other popular songs out there with messages that I don't approve of. Let's take "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" as an example:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on."

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
Our God is marching on.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, this isn't as directly stated as the posted video, but the general idea is still there. Just putting a little perspective on things.

Very good point. I remember hearing one of the Bush administration saying something along the lines 'what they (Al Qaeda types) don't realise is that we are fanatical too'. (sorry cannot remember who, might have been Rumsfield) Given Bush's 'crusade' mistake, made me sit up. I do think the extent of religious extremism in the US is a cause for concern whether it comes from denying of reality as in creationism or the literal Christians, the pro Zionists or any other Christian extremist and I think there are a lot in the US. You do not need to be a suicide bomber when you have at your disposal the largest and best equipped military in the world.

I'm more concerned with the brainwashing that would make a person declare all pro-Israeli Christians ("pro-Zionists" Christians) as extremists than I am concerned with this Jesus camp.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned with the brainwashing that would make a person declare all pro-Israeli Christians ("pro-Zionists" Christians) as extremists than I am concerned with this Jesus camp.

Pro Zionist Christians are extremist and their interest in Israel is caused by a belief in an Apocalypse which will cause the death of most Jews and after which the rest will convert to Christianity which will result in Israel/Palestine again becoming Christian. As such conflict in the area is in their interest. They also are in opposition to Christians in the area.

Pro Zionist Christians are extremist and their interest in Israel is caused by a belief in an Apocalypse which will cause the death of most Jews and after which the rest will convert to Christianity which will result in Israel/Palestine again becoming Christian. As such conflict in the area is in their interest. They also are in opposition to Christians in the area.

Wow, that's some sickening and disgusting generalization.
Those people you're talking about must be the minority of the minorities, there are countless of Christians out there who support Israel and hold moderate positions, claiming they all believe in some apocalypse is freaking repulsive.

Wow, that's some sickening and disgusting generalization.
Those people you're talking about must be the minority of the minorities, there are countless of Christians out there who support Israel and hold moderate positions, claiming they all believe in some apocalypse is freaking repulsive.

Indeed and I am not talking about all Christians. That should have been clear from stating that pro zionist Christians are in opposition to Christians in the area. Nonetheless pro Zionist Christians are an extremist group who are motivated by exactly what I said.

For the time being it may be in Israel's interest to ignore this, possibly not believing in the apocalypse.

Anyone can have whatever view on Israel fits their conscience but the Pro Zionist Christian movement, rather than any Christian who is pro Israel, are motivated by the belief that their will be an apocalypse and they will end up with the Holy Land.

As I said, it suits Israel to turn a blind eye to this at the moment.

Indeed and I am not talking about all Christians. That should have been clear from stating that pro zionist Christians are in opposition to Christians in the area. Nonetheless pro Zionist Christians are an extremist group who are motivated by exactly what I said.

For the time being it may be in Israel's interest to ignore this, possibly not believing in the apocalypse.

Anyone can have whatever view on Israel fits their conscience but the Pro Zionist Christian movement, rather than any Christian who is pro Israel, are motivated by the belief that their will be an apocalypse and they will end up with the Holy Land.

As I said, it suits Israel to turn a blind eye to this at the moment.

So first of all you're talking about Christian Zionists, not about "Pro-Zionist Christians", which is a whole different thing considering that one is an actual movement and the other is a Christian who's a pro-Israeli.
Secondly only a minority of the members of the Christian Zionism movement believe in this apocalypse bull.

So to conclude, I find your generalizations to be disgusting, extreme, immoral, repulsive and inappropirate. Take it elsewhere.

So first of all you're talking about Christian Zionists, not about "Pro-Zionist Christians", which is a whole different thing considering that one is an actual movement and the other is a Christian who's a pro-Israeli.
Secondly only a minority of the members of the Christian Zionism movement believe in this apocalypse bull.

So to conclude, I find your generalizations to be disgusting, extreme, immoral, repulsive and inappropirate. Take it elsewhere.

Well I have only learned about these people in the past 6 or so not coming from the US so I may have got the term wrong. From what I hear they are a sizeable force I am glad you agree that they are extremist along with all the other Christian extremists.

I suspect it was obvious to any open minded person in context what I was talking about. You with your usual insults are the one who is also showing signs of extremism as usual.

Well I have only learned about these people in the past 6 or so not coming from the US so I may have got the term wrong. From what I hear they are a sizeable force I am glad you agree that they are extremist along with all the other Christian extremists.
I have never agreed with you that all of the members of the Christian Zionist movement are extremists, that's far from what I said, I've stated that only a small minority from that group follows the beliefs that you claim they all follow and I've declared your generalization of the entire group with the beliefs of a minority as repulsive and disgusting.
I suspect it was obvious to any open minded person in context what I was talking about.
I have to agree, however that would be very contradicting to what you claim you talk about.
You with your usual insults are the one who is also showing signs of extremism as usual.
You'd notice that I have not attacked you as a person at all but have showed strong opposition to your words and arguments, calling them repulsive extreme and sickening.
I am totally allowed to do that.

Furthermore, you're claiming here that opposing to such a sick and repulsive generalization is to show a sign of extremism, which only points out to your own deep and concerning radicalness and extremism.
It's just amazing how easily you let yourself believe that it's fully okay for you to claim an entire group follows a certain belief, it's simply terrifying to see how the extremist mind works and how it cancels any kind of logic throughout its spreading of hatred.

To try and put things in your perspective, what you've just said is by no means different than to claim that all of the Palestinians are terrorists.

Last edited:
Of course it was a personal attack. You do it all the time to many people. For the rest I have made my point clear and have nothing further to say on this at the moment. Because of that and your insults I did not bother even to read what you said, just skimmed and came to your ridiculous claim that you were not engaging in personal attacks. When people start throwing their insults about there is no point in further discussion.

My point however was clear even if I wrongly defined Christian Zionism. It is accurate and something for the rest of the world to be aware of.

Now I am finished on this certainly for the time being.

Last edited:
The conflict between Islam and the West is driven by extremists on both sides. Al Qaeda hold a position that's out of the mainstream in their own societies. In their case, it's based on religion. Like Al Qaeda, American neoconservatives tend to fear democracy and see Western society as inherently empty. For this reason they see grand conflict as a necessary antidote for our decadence. Their anti-democratic sentiments aren't based on religion, but that doesn't make them any less radical.

Evangelical Christians have unfortunately been duped into supporting the neocon agenda. This was possible for a number of reasons. Cold War propaganda painted the struggle against communism in religious terms, and it instilled a reverence for war and the state that lingers on among religious people. False interpretations of Scripture led them to believe support for Israel was a religious mandate. In many cases, it's fair to say that belief in the eventual Christianizing of Israel was also a factor.

I don't think religion really motivates American policy, though. It's mostly a gimmick that politicians use to sell the war to the public. The real motivation is greed, which is why Muslims will always be at the center of conflict as long as they're sitting on all that oil.

I thought you knew Arabic.

what it actually says is
Allah is sufficient, and He is the best Protector; In Allah we trust, and he is the best to rely on...

is that true?

is that true?

No, not at all.
I'm speaking Arabic and the translation was accurate.
I believe Laila knows Arabic as well.

No, not at all.
I'm speaking Arabic and the translation was accurate.
I believe Laila knows Arabic as well.

Apocalypse.

Lonewolf is correct.

She says "Hasbona Allah Wa Ni'ima al wakil"

The exact translation is = Allah is sufficient for us and a great defender/protector.

Arabic is my mother tongue and LoneWolf's as well.

Last edited:

I was under the impression that Armenian was the mother tongue of Armenians.

Apocalypse.

Lonewolf is correct.

She says "Hasbona Allah Wa Ni'ima al wakil"

The exact translation is = Allah is sufficient for us and a great defender/protector.

Are we talking about the same part here?
The part when the little girl is speaking with the religious aura or whatever surrounding her?

edit: Ah, she does say Hasbun Allah wa Ni’mal Wakil.
I didn't find any other mistranslations however, and I know for sure that the chorus is deadly accurate due to the fact that it doesn't get out of my head.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Armenian was the mother tongue of Armenians.

Perhaps before posting on a Middle East forum you should have known that Arabic is the mother tongue of the Lebanese and there are Armenians who were born in Lebanon.

Are we talking about the same part here?
The part when the little girl is speaking with the religious aura or whatever surrounding her?

edit: Ah, she does say Hasbun Allah wa Ni’mal Wakil.
I didn't find any other mistranslations however, and I know for sure that the chorus is deadly accurate due to the fact that it doesn't get out of my head.

Yes, the rest of the translation is correct.

Perhaps before posting on a Middle East forum you should have known that Arabic is the mother tongue of the Lebanese and there are Armenians who were born in Lebanon.

The Lebanese language is considered distinct from Arabic.

Lebanese Language - MARONITE HERITAGE

About Lebanese Language, Questions and Answers

Phoenicia: The Lebanese Language: What is the difference between the Arabic Language and the Lebanese language?

But, hey, if your parents moved from Armenia to Lebanon and instead of bringing you up speaking either Armenian or Lebanese, chose standard Arabic instead, who are we to quibble, eh?

Well actually the Arabic language is becoming weaker and weaker amongst the Lebanese Christians, so I hear.

Edit: Here, found an article about it in BBC:
BBC News - Campaign to save the Arabic language in Lebanon

Thanks for the article. I just got back from Lebanon where I spent quite alot of time.
It used to be only the Christians who mixed French when they spoke Arabic but now they are mixing both English and French and
the Muslims are doing it too.

It's utterly ridiculous and I hate the way they speak.

I speak very pure Arabic without mixing any other languages.

The Lebanese language is considered distinct from Arabic.

Lebanese Language - MARONITE HERITAGE

About Lebanese Language, Questions and Answers

Phoenicia: The Lebanese Language: What is the difference between the Arabic Language and the Lebanese language?

But, hey, if your parents moved from Armenia to Lebanon and instead of bringing you up speaking either Armenian or Lebanese, chose standard Arabic instead, who are we to quibble, eh?

Gardener, perhaps you should learn a wee bit about the country and its language and where the Armenians of Lebanon came from before you post.

I speak very fluent Armenian as well by the way ;)

Back
Top Bottom