• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arab Christians come out strongly against US strike in Syria

katsung47

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Arab Christians come out strongly against USstrike in Syria

Opposition toWestern intervention on behalf of beleaguered Christian minorities emerged as akey theme of a regional Arab Christian conference hosted by Jordan this week.

September 6, 2013
Arab Christians come out strongly against US strike in Syria

US created acatastrophe to Christians in Iraq, Now it tries again to do same thing inSyria. All are in the name of “democracy” and “human rights”. It’sdisgusting.

Yes, it's the rebels that Obama wants to help, that are killing Christians. Obama's behavior in this case is incomprehensible. Obama does not represent America or Americans.

America has reached the oft used third world description of "It's the leaders that are the problem, not the people."

Oh, you guys are going to get pounced on by the warmongers and Rah Rah America posters on this board!

Oh, you guys are going to get pounced on by the warmongers and Rah Rah America posters on this board!

Anybody that isn't "Rah Rah America" shouldn't be living in this country.

Obama and the Liberals are the warmongers here and Obama does not represent America or Americans.

I fear for my brothers and sisters around the world and especially in the Middle East. The problem with those nations is you may oust a dictator but they reg replaced by Islamist extremists that also commit atrocities.

I find it sad that people identify with religious groups. Why can't it be a human atrocity? Why can't we be brothers and sisters in humanity instead of Christianity or Islam? Why is a Christian so much more worthy of sympathy when they are killed by an Islamist than an Islamist is worthy of sympathy when they are killed by a Christian? Just because a person has the same basic set of spiritual beliefs does not mean they have the same values, attitudes, and ideas. Honestly, this all comes off with the same kind of deranged, mindless group think you would encounter at a soccer game riot.

US created acatastrophe to Christians in Iraq, Now it tries again to do same thing inSyria. All are in the name of “democracy” and “human rights”. It’sdisgusting.

Unfortunately the civil war in Syria is a no-win situation for a lot of minorities in Syria and the region.

No matter which side 'wins' a lot of people on both sides will suffer.

It's like Iraq, but probably will end of worse.

Not a pretty picture for a lot of people who will pay a heavy price for being born in the wrong neighborhood.

I fear for my brothers and sisters around the world and especially in the Middle East. The problem with those nations is you may oust a dictator but they reg replaced by Islamist extremists that also commit atrocities.

Very sad, but unfortunately also very true.

Syria has the potential of turning into a huge human rights disaster.

Meanwhile some of the posters on internet forums are slamming Obama because he wants to try to change that.

I guess that we will just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Very sad, but unfortunately also very true.

Syria has the potential of turning into a huge human rights disaster.

Meanwhile some of the posters on internet forums are slamming Obama because he wants to try to change that.

I guess that we will just have to wait and see how this turns out.

According to Obama he doesn't want to change a thing in Syria with his "shot across the bow".

According to Obama he doesn't want to change a thing in Syria with his "shot across the bow".

You didn't get the message.

If the USA ends up firing any shots they won't be 'across the bow', they'll be into the powder magazine.

the USA wants to change Syria's future behavior, not get its attention.

Whatever is done will have the goal of maximum destruction of the Syrian governments ability to wage war without taking out Assad.

Last edited:

Obama and the Liberals are the warmongers here and Obama does not represent America or Americans.

If your president doesn't represent this country, then how can you be Rah Rah America and wth are YOU doing living here?

I find it sad that people identify with religious groups. Why can't it be a human atrocity? Why can't we be brothers and sisters in humanity instead of Christianity or Islam? Why is a Christian so much more worthy of sympathy when they are killed by an Islamist than an Islamist is worthy of sympathy when they are killed by a Christian? Just because a person has the same basic set of spiritual beliefs does not mean they have the same values, attitudes, and ideas. Honestly, this all comes off with the same kind of deranged, mindless group think you would encounter at a soccer game riot.

Because religion is an opiate for weak minded people.

Well, many of us don't. Live in America, I mean. And you're wrong, Obama does represent the US to the world.

According to Obama... :lamo

Enough said right there. Making things worse for Christians will probable be more of a reason Obama will strike.

Your brain on Obamaphobia. You can't even hear the words people speak anymore. It's amusing to watch.

A conference of Christian bishops and scholars opposes our involvement in Syria? Well that does it for me. Turn back the ships!

According to Obama... :lamo

Enough said right there.
Making things worse for Christians will probable be more of a reason Obama will strike.

Anyone in the GOP who tries to spread that kind of hate and fear will be mighty disappointed when another Democrat moves into the White House in 2017.

And that is exactly what the GOP can plan on seeing if it doesn't change a lot, and soon. Time's leaving the GOP behind.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

A conference of Christian bishops and scholars opposes our involvement in Syria? Well that does it for me. Turn back the ships!

Sherman! Are you dissing the religious?

Because those who persecute the Christians also persecute other people, that has been proved in Iraq and Afghanistan. US is behind it. The real purpose of US is not for "justice". It just to replace a disobedient "dictator" by a puppet "dictator" of its own.

The war started by US killed all kind of people, Christians is particularly hurt. You try to mislead people that it's only an unilateral thread for Christians. You try to meddle the water. The tactic of US regime is to demonize "dictator Assad" to reach their goal - to conquer the mid-east countries. In fact, war waged by US have a much bigger damage to people than "dictator" did. Christians in Iraq and Syria is a good sample.

Only 57 Churches Left In Iraq; From 300 In 2003

Christian News, The Christian Post

Iraq had 300 churches and 1.4 million Christians in 2003, but now only 57 churches and about half a million Christians remain with members of the minority fleeing Islamist attacks, according to local reports.

Saddam didn't do it. US did it by the puppet government it established.

Prosecute G.W.Bush for murder

American Military Deaths in Iraq

In Combat

Since war began:

Total 4488

Official

Total Wounded: 33184

An estimated 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US invasion. More than 4 million Iraqis have now been displaced by violence in the country.

Prosecute George W. Bush for Murder

To prevent you meddle the water, here I give the data include all civilians (include Christians).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom