• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AR-15 Rifles: The instruments of slaughter & murder in America

Notice how those six listed were done with AR15s. He sorta forgot others done with something else or the weekend shootings in Chicago and elsewhere by gangs and other criminals.

Chicago blah blah blah. Stay on topic. If you all want to discuss Chicago, start a new thread.

Because all the MSM and you anti gunners have drummed it into them that they are the weapon of choice and nothing else will do.

What a totally ridiculous statement/deflection/lie. Is that really the best you can do?

By that standard then all conversations on this board are moot.
Yeah because America is pretty allergic to change.

By that standard then all conversations on this board are moot.

Here is the point: you all asking us to define what gun sanity laws we would like to see is not an honest question, it is a troll. Your only reason for asking such a question is so that you all can them bunch up to tell the person how stupid and misguided they are for thinking that such laws would help at all. Look, we’re not stupid. We know that you are far from being honest in this regard. There is no reason for us to answer what is nothing more than a dishonest troll.
Here’s the other point: how about YOU saying what sort of laws you think would help to stem the overwhelming epidemic of gun violence in this country. Can you do that and have an honest and thoughtful conversation about it? I doubt it. And I’m not talking about the standard deflection of “mental health” problems or hiding behind the Second Amendment like you all are prone to do.

You deflected from answering the question as to why the MURDER RATE in the Us is FOUR TIMES that of Britain. The only reason that I can think of is the access to and relative ease of killing with guns. Do you have an alternative explanation? And I’m not talking just criminals. Most gun murders are committed by “regular” people against those whom they know, both family and also acquaintances of various sorts.
I would suggest you do more research through neutral sources.

A good start. You seem so concerned about rifles. 3% of homicides.

The point of this thread is that when I have used the term “slaughter” in the past to define the mass murder of a large number of people with an AR-15, the gun apologists immediately get all bent out of shape about it, while I see it as a perfectly appropriate term.
The point is this:
"The question that you have never answered honestly: why would a mass murderer use an AR-15 as his weapon of choice?"
The above quote is yours from post #4 which is a stand alone post. No mention of "slaughter" or anything else.
Re-read post 4.

Yet another person afraid to give an honest answer to a central question.
The answer is, I don't know. I can make some assumptions.

Like, that mass shooters believe the AR15 is a better weapon, because they don't realize that any other semi auto rifle that fires the .223 round is balistically the same? Of which there are many to choose from.

Maybe mass shooters aren't gun aficionados? Maybe, like you, they don't know much about this subject?

Maybe, they hear ignorant individuals like you calling them weapons of war, or assault weapons, and think, they must be the ideal weapon?

So many maybes.

Here’s the difference: How long did it take the murderer at VA Tech to kill the victims as opposed to how long it takes a murderer using an AR-15, which typically is just a few minutes, if that long.
Killing the same number under the same conditions the V Tech shooter would have taken the same time if not less at Uvalde and had time to spare.

How many mass murders have been committed with shotguns in the past decade? This thread is about assault style weapons because of the list and the casualties in the OP.
Then why do you compare V Tech after all that nut case didn't use any "assault weapons" excuse me " assault style weapons" Post 12 after all this thread is about....

Here is the point: you all asking us to define what gun sanity laws we would like to see is not an honest question, it is a troll. Your only reason for asking such a question is so that you all can them bunch up to tell the person how stupid and misguided they are for thinking that such laws would help at all. Look, we’re not stupid. We know that you are far from being honest in this regard. There is no reason for us to answer what is nothing more than a dishonest troll.
Here’s the other point: how about YOU saying what sort of laws you think would help to stem the overwhelming epidemic of gun violence in this country. Can you do that and have an honest and thoughtful conversation about it? I doubt it. And I’m not talking about the standard deflection of “mental health” problems or hiding behind the Second Amendment like you all are prone to do.
0F6312DB-55B1-4D5B-A79F-8E9F997DAA0E.jpeg

Actually, it’s an honest question along the lines of “what are your ideas for new laws that will reduce gun crime without infringing upon the 2nd amendment rights of lawful gun owners”. It’s not a troll, at least not from me. If you have any original ideas that might actually help, I’m all ears.

The problem is that you and others can’t answer the question without violating the 2nd amendment. Then we get into discussions that it’s old, out of date, only applied to muskets, etc., etc. The only ideas I ever seem to see here is to ban this, restrict that or whatever, just things designed to punish gun owners who have never done anything wrong and will do zero to reduce gun crime or mass shooters.

Here’s the thing; gun owners aren’t your enemy, so stop acting like we are.

Here are some of my ideas:
1. Unseal juvenile records for background checks

2. Enact Project Exile nationwide which increases penalties for people convicted of crimes while in possession of a firearm

3. Allow gun owners access to NICS so they can voluntarily conduct background checks for personal gun sales if they choose

4. Make it a priority at all levels to enforce the tens of thousands of gun control laws already on the books, especially those used by criminals to acquire firearms

5. Fund research into what has changed in the last 40 years for high profile mass shootings to increase like they have, and find a solution

Since they get them from straw purchases from legal buyers and trickle down, banning them will get rid of their opportunity to get them easily as well.

Do some research on criminal use of weapons in countries that ban them. The research, and outcomes have already been studied. Banning guns will also make it unnecessary for you to own for protection. We need to stop the vicious cycle in this country.

That's what I truly believe, so you're not going to convince me otherwise. Might as well not waste your time on me.
THE SIGN POST UP AHEAD READS UTOPIA. Good luck on that.LOL

Some interesting facts. Facts are so inconvenient for spinners.

"From 1988 through August of 2019, more than 85 percent of Mass Public Shootings have occurred in gun-free zones."

Hmm, looks like the criminals didn't get the memo that guns aren't allowed in gun free zones.
  • Mass killings are very rare, accounting for only 0.2 percent of homicides every year and approximately 1 percent of homicide victims.
The fact is you are many times more likely to be struck by lightning than shot by a mass shooter.

"While the U.S. population is 4.6 percent of the world total, only 1.43 percent of mass public shooters were American."

So much for the dangerous gun culture in the US.

The trial of the hateful liar Alex Jones got me to thinking about how the gun wackos get extremely upset when the term "slaughter" is used in reference to mass murders in a very short period of time by a shooter wielding an assault-style rifle. '

Why do you care about the "style" of the rifle? Seems terribly superficial.

Is the term “slaughter” appropriate when lots of innocent people are murdered in a very short time using an assault style weapon?
Does being hacked to pieces count or just plain old shot with shotguns or handguns?

“The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.”

So if these shootings lately would have been done with 9mm handguns no problem right?

They try to spin that as a gaffe.

The author of the opinion piece seems to think high velocity bullets are unique to AR-15s. Actually, she is smart enough to be a radiologist, so I'm going to assume she's a little smarter than a turnip and she's just lying in her implication.
"As a doctor, I feel I have a duty to inform the public of what I have learned"...in otherwords to play the game and get funded. you're right a little smarter than a turnip but I'll say not very much.;)

The answer is, I don't know. I can make some assumptions.

Like, that mass shooters believe the AR15 is a better weapon, because they don't realize that any other semi auto rifle that fires the .223 round is balistically the same? Of which there are many to choose from.

Maybe mass shooters aren't gun aficionados? Maybe, like you, they don't know much about this subject?

Maybe, they hear ignorant individuals like you calling them weapons of war, or assault weapons, and think, they must be the ideal weapon?

So many maybes.

Deflection. That’s all I ever get from the gun wackos. Why are they so afraid to answer this question in a straight-forward and honest manner?

Deflection. That’s all I ever get from the gun wackos. Why are they so afraid to answer this question in a straight-forward and honest manner?

Why do you think everything you can't respond to is "deflection?"

Back
Top Bottom