• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ar-15: Anti-gun narrative blows up in face of cnn, daily news [W:62 : W:75]

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
AR-15: CNN, Daily News Have Already Blown Their Gun Control Narrative

Tuesday's New York Daily News cover story is nothing more than a long-form editorial that attempts to make the AR-15 (a semiautomatic sport rifle) the bad guy in Monday's horrific Navy Yard shooting. Last night, CNN attempted to do the same through blowhard Piers Morgan. But there is just one problem: CNN and The Daily News are 100% wrong. The FBI has just confirmed that a shotgun and two pistols were recovered, and that the "gunman was NOT armed with [an] AR-15."

Re: Ar-15: Anti-gun narrative blows up in face of cnn, daily news

Tuesday's New York Daily News cover story is nothing more than a long-form editorial that attempts to make the AR-15 (a semiautomatic sport rifle) the bad guy in Monday's horrific Navy Yard shooting. Last night, CNN attempted to do the same through blowhard Piers Morgan. But there is just one problem: CNN and The Daily News are 100% wrong. The FBI has just confirmed that a shotgun and two pistols were recovered, and that the "gunman was NOT armed with [an] AR-15."

aha- that explains why CNN has been using the term long gun. :lol: Exactly as I suspected. If they can't call it an assault rifle, they can call it a long gun, and for those who have no clue, it's scary-sounding.

aha- that explains why CNN has been using the term long gun. :lol: Exactly as I suspected. If they can't call it an assault rifle, they can call it a long gun, and for those who have no clue, it's scary-sounding.

To me, a 'long gun" would be a full length shot gun or a hunting rifle, not an AR or similar which are relatively short in comparison.

But Hell, the gun hating MSM doesn't know the difference.

To me, a 'long gun" would be a full length shot gun or a hunting rifle, not an AR or similar which are relatively short in comparison.

THat was my point.

Im shocked that the media would report a story without first waiting for or checking the facts.

Im shocked that the media would report a story without first waiting for or checking the facts.
Least they didn't start of with "The shooter appeared to be a White, Christian, Tea Party type" ;)

Ar-15: Anti-gun narrative blows up in face of cnn, daily news

The goal to beat the other news organizations to the delivery sacrifices accuracy every time.

Long guns would be barrels with typical dimensions for long distance shots like shotguns or hunting rifles. Intermediate rifles are those like the AR-15. AK-47, CAR-15, M-16 variants, etc. are all intermediate rifles used mostly for medium or short range suppression or sweeping. The "assault weapon" doesn't exist outside of legalese created by anti gun groups and politicians, it's a deliberate modification of the very real term assault rifle which is meant to be select fire intermediate barreled rifles used for either CQC or mid range combat.

I thought Crazy Joe Biden said we should go buy a shotgun. Ban all shot guns now and ignore mental health. Yeah that's the ticket.

Let's just go back to calling them "boom-sticks".

Aren't the good guys with guns supposed too stop the bad guys with guns? That meme fell apart today.

Aren't the good guys with guns supposed too stop the bad guys with guns? That meme fell apart today.

They did, Arron Alexis is dead foo.

They did, Arron Alexis is dead foo.

Yeah and a dozen other people. Great job, NRA.

Um, military base. Clinton disarmed soldiers and sailors on-base, remember.

Debate politics posters who are gunners are currently living in the past, relishing in Clinton's mistake that was not changed by Bush, and should have been changed by Obama.

:doh

The perpetrator was shot and killed by good guys with guns.

Let's just go back to calling them "boom-sticks".

yeah that's the moronic meme of the day:mrgreen:

well that's because it was essentially something you crave

a gun free zone

The dead guy was an Obamatardation follower-not an NRA member. He was on your side of the aisle, not ours.

These victims were perhaps not informed that it was bring your gun to work day. ;)

This was presumed to be a secure area staffed by well paid, highly trained, security personnel, that just so happened to grant access to a deranged moron with a shotgun because he had the appropriate ID badge and was quite willing to use that shotgun. Gun free zones are quite useless without adequate enforcement.

Debate politics posters who are gunners are currently living in the past, relishing in Clinton's mistake that was not changed by Bush, and should have been changed by Obama.
Who is relishing this? Disarming these servicemen has allowed for two mass murders on military bases, if anything we're pissed about this.

You know how sarcastic members of your posting team are acting in their blaming of Clinton. Insulting.
Why didn't Bush change it?
And I am a just a lonely progress--ive out here in fly-over who has been won over to concealed-carry in ANY workplace.
Sandy Hook, I'm retired but always looking, changed me forever.
Who is relishing this? Disarming these servicemen has allowed for two mass murders on military bases, if anything we're pissed about this.

You know how sarcastic members of your posting team are acting in their blaming of Clinton. Insulting.
Why didn't Bush change it?
And I am a just a lonely progress--ive out here in fly-over who has been won over to concealed-carry in ANY workplace.
Sandy Hook, I'm retired but always looking, changed me forever.
How is the truth insulting? Clinton signed the gun restrictions on military bases.

And Bush could have reversed it. Why are you playing ***ty politics with it?
And Obama should be reversing it right this ****ing moment.
What more do you want?
You people are impossible to talk with, even when we agree with you.
The difference is "we" are installing CC in schools. How 'bout you?
How is the truth insulting? Clinton signed the gun restrictions on military bases.

And Bush could have reversed it. Why are you playing ***ty politics with it?
And Obama should be reversing it right this ****ing moment.
What more do you want?
You people are impossible to talk with, even when we agree with you.
The difference is "we" are installing CC in schools. How 'bout you?
Okay, but Bush doesn't own it, Clinton had it passed.

Back
Top Bottom