• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ar-15: Anti-gun narrative blows up in face of cnn, daily news [W:62 : W:75]

Re: Ar-15: Anti-gun narrative blows up in face of cnn, daily news

There is a lot of ignorance out there regarding guns and its dripping off people on both sides, but i would argue mostly off people on the pro-gun side.

How many of your own posts have you read?

As a person that does not care much for guns, It really does not matter what type of gun was used. In fact, if I were to ban any kind of gun, I would ban handguns first because they are cheaper and easier to conceal. As we know, most of our gun violence is centered around low income areas in relation to drugs and gangs. Solving the mass shooting problem does little to nothing to solve the overall problem we have in regards to gun violence.

You want the government to forcibly search all private property in order to confiscate all of them. You are way, way beyond "don't care much for guns."

Either way it's a stupid policy.

Does this mean you can't show what Clinton signed? Did you just make that up out of whole cloth? Oh, and where's your outrage at Bush for establishing the policy which allowed two massacres on military bases?

How does keeping nutbars and violent felons from legally purchasing firearms risk more incidents? One might argue it's effectiveness at stopping all incidents, but it certainly does not create them. Forcing people to go through illegal channels to get a gun does allow for stings and other methods to get them arrested and jailed. it may also prevent them from being able to find a person willing to trust them and sell to them. I just do not see where making it harder to get a gun for crazies and felons risks actually creating more gun incidents.

the problem is you are willing to inconvenience, harass or ban 1000 honest people from getting a gun in the faith based hope that it might stop some guy who is not worried about facing a capital sentence for murder.

after we see your solutions that tend to hurt honest people the most, we have to conclude that is your real goal

Aren't the good guys with guns supposed too stop the bad guys with guns? That meme fell apart today.

Because good guys are not allowed to carry guns on military bases. Thank you Bill Clinton.

Because good guys are not allowed to carry guns on military bases. Thank you Bill Clinton.
No, thank you George Bush. Didn't you see the link I posted to the directive banning guns? Clinton wasn't even president. So why are you blaming him?

Too bad you can't actually show the executive order. :shrug: Hell, you can't even spell "executive order."

Oh wait, that's because he didn't! :lamo

snopes.com: Clinton Disarmed Soldiers on Military Bases?

Next lie . . . ??

what we do know what clinton did was to

push and sign into law the moronic "assault weapon bill" which mainly cost competitive shooters lots of bucks to replace competition magazines

he also prevented the import of chinese made ammo which was cheaper than other brands and fairly good quality--this again hurt competitive shooters

That alone is why Clintard is on the list of biggest anti gun assholes in US history

How many of your own posts have you read?

You want the government to forcibly search all private property in order to confiscate all of them. You are way, way beyond "don't care much for guns."

People like capster want men with guns to do his dirty work while he stays safe behind his computer wishing death and destruction on both gun owners and those tasked with disarming the patriots.

that is why I have always said that if it comes to that, people like Capster should be the ones that the patriots look for rather than some cops just following orders

push and sign into law the moronic "assault weapon bill" which mainly cost competitive shooters lots of bucks to replace competition magazines

he also prevented the import of chinese made ammo which was cheaper than other brands and fairly good quality--this again hurt competitive shooters

That alone is why Clintard is on the list of biggest anti gun assholes in US history
You left out ... he also got a blow job.

You left out ... he also got a blow job.

what bothered me about that is how far we have deteriorated. when I was a very young child, our president not only had the best looking first lady in the free world, he had one of the most beautiful actresses as his mistress. COme to Clinton we have a man of probably greater intellectual ability than JFK, almost as charismatic (though unlike JFK-not a hero) and for a wife he has someone who has to wear pantsuits lest she make most men gag and his mistress was an ugly twit with a big schnozz

Moderator's Warning:
Lets try and stay on topic here folks. Which last I looked was CNN misreporting. Not what X president did or didn't do.

The jihad against AR 15s started in the late 1980s when far left scumbag Josh Sugarmann realized that the war against handguns was waning and he realized that another weapon must be targeted for banishment to set a precedent to continue the destruction of the 2A started with the NFA in 1934 but which did not really advance for the next 50 years. He used public confusion over machine guns to tell the press to deliberately pretend AR 15s were the same thing as the M16 rifle-a weapon that was on TV constantly with first reports of the VIETNAM war to movies like Rambo, Delta Force, etc that were popular in that time period

Clinton bought into that idiocy but the press continues to be Sugarmann's devoted lapdogs to this day and I have seen dozens of reports involving shootings where an AR 15 is featured in the news cast even if the shooter used a pistol or shotgun

what bothered me about that is how far we have deteriorated. when I was a very young child, our president not only had the best looking first lady in the free world, he had one of the most beautiful actresses as his mistress. COme to Clinton we have a man of probably greater intellectual ability than JFK, almost as charismatic (though unlike JFK-not a hero) and for a wife he has someone who has to wear pantsuits lest she make most men gag and his mistress was an ugly twit with a big schnozz

I don't know how you missed the Bush years . . . ?

Barbara_Bush_portrait_1992.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Moderator's Warning:
Lets try and stay on topic here folks. Which last I looked was CNN misreporting. Not what X president did or didn't do.
The shooter had free range to do whatever he wanted because a president disallowed legal gun owning concealed weapons carriers from carrying on bases.

Its not a lie, I was at Patrick AFB at the time.

Unless you could see Clinton signing the executive order from Patrick, that couldn't be more meaningless. :roll:

I hate when the damn politicians disrupt my toys to try to save a life or two...

Um, military base. Clinton disarmed soldiers and sailors on-base, remember.

Which was an idiotic move for so many reasons. As a former Soldier who was stationed in South Korea during very tense times following several hostile missile tests from the north, it made absolutely no sense that we were not allowed to be armed on post. Even worst was the fact that we had to endure an 8 hour round trip just to get ammunition from Battalion (not counting the time it would take to actually get the ammunition from them). If the North had invaded, we would have all died.

Which was an idiotic move for so many reasons. As a former Soldier who was stationed in South Korea during very tense times following several hostile missile tests from the north, it made absolutely no sense that we were not allowed to be armed on post. Even worst was the fact that we had to endure an 8 hour round trip just to get ammunition from Battalion (not counting the time it would take to actually get the ammunition from them). If the North had invaded, we would have all died.
Anytime a response is less than immediate someone will probably die.

Anytime a response is less than immediate someone will probably die.

Just imagine if the Soldiers in FT Hood were allowed to carry their weapons. Some people would have still died, but Hassan would not have been able to kill and injure so many while the victims were waiting for a response from Military Police.

Just imagine if the Soldiers in FT Hood were allowed to carry their weapons. Some people would have still died, but Hassan would not have been able to kill and injure so many while the victims were waiting for a response from Military Police.
Exactly right, that and the Navy yard shooting both stick in the back of my mind as prime examples of how disarming any innocents, but especially trained professionals is a folly that leads to worse tragedy.

Exactly right, that and the Navy yard shooting both stick in the back of my mind as prime examples of how disarming any innocents, but especially trained professionals is a folly that leads to worse tragedy.

It certainly doesn't help. Bases these days are primarily guarded by civilian security guards which are barely a step up from mall cops. Had there been Marines guarding that post, this would have had a drastically different outcome. Military posts are not the places to go soft on security. They talk about budgets and sequesters, but I guarantee that those ****ing mall cops cost a hell of a lot more to fund than Marines and Soldiers who are already trained and there.

Moderator's Warning:
Do not comment on Moderator actions publicly. The places to do that is via PM or Contact Us.
The shooter had free range to do whatever he wanted because a president disallowed legal gun owning concealed weapons carriers from carrying on bases.

Moderator's Warning:
As for the rest of you, again, the topic is not what past or current Presidents have or have not done regarding military base gun handleing. It is about CNN's mis-reporting. Stay on topic or thread bans will ensue. Last Warning.

Back
Top Bottom