• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Aquaman: Spoiler FREE Quick Review

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Saw it last night. It was def a very good DC effort, I'd say it's on par with the Wonder Woman film.

Pros: Fun, Funny, Mamoa is great in the role. Lot's of action and very amazing visual set pieces. Also the Aquaman Armor actually looks damn good. Doesn't take itself too seriously, which I think is what the earlier movies with their "DARK AND GRITTY" attempts failed to get right

Cons: Serious suspension of disbelief required to accept the premise of the film, more so than your usual Comic Book Hero movie.

Saw it last night. It was def a very good DC effort, I'd say it's on par with the Wonder Woman film.

Pros: Fun, Funny, Mamoa is great in the role. Lot's of action and very amazing visual set pieces. Also the Aquaman Armor actually looks damn good. Doesn't take itself too seriously, which I think is what the earlier movies with their "DARK AND GRITTY" attempts failed to get right

Cons: Serious suspension of disbelief required to accept the premise of the film, more so than your usual Comic Book Hero movie.

Aquaman has a good chance at being a very successful movie.

It's already made over $100M in it's first week of release in China. Can only imagine what it'll be next Monday after it's first weekend everywhere else. And it has a 8/10 rating on IMDB.com.

Jason Momoa is a good actor. He did well in the TV show Stargate: Atlantis

I don't understand. All he does is breath underwater and wear orange tights. He's not a real superhero. No one likes him.

Did they give him more powers?

Edit: I guess those questions are not 'spoiler free'. Use a spoiler tag/hide if kind enough to explain why a superhero everyone hates got a movie.

Last edited:
I don't understand. All he does is breath underwater and wear orange tights. He's not a real superhero. No one likes him.

Did they give him more powers?

Edit: I guess those questions are not 'spoiler free'. Use a spoiler tag/hide if kind enough to explain why a superhero everyone hates got a movie.

Even in the comic books he has super strength, speed, and reflexes. He can speak any language in the world and has the Trident of Poseidon which basically gives him control over the ocean itself and can affect the weather similar to Storm from Marvel. He has been a badass for awhile, he just didn’t used to look the part and now he does.

The old Superfriends cartoon didn’t do his image any good. :)

Even in the comic books he has super strength, speed, and reflexes. He can speak any language in the world and has the Trident of Poseidon which basically gives him control over the ocean itself and can affect the weather similar to Storm from Marvel. He has been a badass for awhile, he just didn’t used to look the part and now he does.

The old Superfriends cartoon didn’t do his image any good. :)

We all got super strength speed and reflexes. That's not a super power, it's a mild self serving delusion.

You can't?

He swims fast as in rocket fast.
And "talk to fish" meaning he can telepathically communicate with them to assist him or whatever. In the comics, he had an Octopus as his sea-dwelling sidekick.

Just saw online Box office numbers have it at $260M now...less then a week before it's even released in North America. It's budget was near $200M.

He swims fast as in rocket fast.
And "talk to fish" meaning he can telepathically communicate with them to assist him or whatever. In the comics, he had an Octopus as his sea-dwelling sidekick.

Wow, an octopus, huh?

Just saw online Box office numbers have it at $260M now...less then a week before it's even released in North America. It's budget was near $200M.

Amazon had a "PRIME EXCLUSIVE" showing, so we went, it was PACKED yo.

As for his super powers? Speed, Strength, kind of an underwater superman, kinda. But you knew that from the last movie

Aquaman has a good chance at being a very successful movie.

It's already made over $100M in it's first week of release in China. Can only imagine what it'll be next Monday after it's first weekend everywhere else. And it has a 8/10 rating on IMDB.com.

Jason Momoa is a good actor. He did well in the TV show Stargate: Atlantis

Its been in the theatres for weeks here, but the character just doesnt interest me so I havent seen it.

Its been in the theatres for weeks here, but the character just doesnt interest me so I havent seen it.

Did you hear he's friends with an octopus? That's pretty awesome, right? Free bait.

Back
Top Bottom