• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appropriate sentence?

"..In the prosecution's closing arguments, Eldridge said Potter had 26 years of training in use of force with her firearm and 19 years of training on Taser use, including training on "weapon confusion."
"Every year she signed the paperwork acknowledging the risks," Eldridge said. "All that training and all that experience shows she was aware of the risks associated with her weapons.".."

OK*

"..In the prosecution's closing arguments, Eldridge said Potter had 26 years of training in use of force with her firearm and 19 years of training on Taser use, including training on "weapon confusion."
"Every year she signed the paperwork acknowledging the risks," Eldridge said. "All that training and all that experience shows she was aware of the risks associated with her weapons.".."
Which is a false legal argument. That would likely not stand up on a appeal, not in a fair system anyway, that’s liability protection for Taser, it’s not criminal liability for the officer.

The prosecutions argument was to muddy the waters by claiming she had no right to use a taser in the first place (clearly false) and that by carrying both a gun and a taser THAT was the conscious act of danger to others she disregarded. That was a bogus argument and it would not stand on appeal. Really the judge should’ve been a little braver and issued a judgment of aquittal. I would have.

Unreasonable arguments are not justification for special treatment. Former officer Potter has every right to appeal.

January 9, 2022
"..Under Minnesota sentencing guidelines, someone like Potter without a previous criminal history would normally face
a presumptive sentence of seven years and would serve two-thirds of that sentence in prison.

Ali still believes probation is called for with Potter. ."

Well fortunately Daunte’s sister is going to pickup the family legacy where Daunte left off.

Jeez, if only she could simply learn to obey the laws and stop being a criminal?

Dumb Duante couldn't learn, and now just look at where he ended up. Its almost as if this criminal element has declared war on decent and law abiding civilization. They are saying "I flatly refuse to live by rules and there is nothing you can do about that, you will RESPECT my chosen profession of being a criminal just as you respect teachers and plumbers and electricians!!"

My god...where will it end? Zeus only knows.

He never had a legitimate argument to begin with.

Oh, how cute....you're agreeing with racists because you don't like me. How pathetic.

Tell me again how Robert E. Lee was the only U.S. officer who joined the Confederacy and how there are no traitorous Trumpsters in the military. What a joke.

Last edited:
You are a bitter, butt hurt, embarrassed debate loser, childishly trolling for a rematch (and ultimate repeat humiliation). Wipe your tears, blow your nose, act like a grown up, and move on.

Sorry....all of the above applies to you. Since I constantly own your ass.

And of course, you can't refute my point about Noor. Just like you couldn't refute my points in our previous debates. So you just throw around insults and then run away.

But please keep bloviating about your military service. What a baby.

Last edited:
Deflection noted and dismissed

It's not, actually. You're saying Potter had a right to shoot that guy. Then you must agree that the cops at the Capitol had a right to shoot those Trumpster traitors attacking them.

It's not, actually. You're saying Potter had a right to shoot that guy. Then you must agree that the cops at the Capitol had a right to shoot those Trumpster traitors attacking them.
Again, this is a deflection and not a good faith argument. They’re not like causes, the person who shot Babbit did so purposefully by purposefully firing a gun. Potter didn’t violate the law because she didn’t know she had a gun. These are different in kind.

And of course, you can't refute my point about Noor. Just like you couldn't refute my points in our previous debates. So you just throw around insults and then run away.

The Noor deflection is an easy one, Noor pulled a gun on purpose and shot Justine Damond on purpose, therefore the only question in that shooting is was it a justified use of force.

Potter pulled a firearm believing she pulled a taser and shot Wright believing she was taking him, therefore the question is was the taser justified? If yes then did she honestly believe she was using the taser? If yes then she is not guilty because she didn’t consciously disregard the risk of using a firearm.

If she was trying to scare Wright with the gun and fired a shot accidentally then she might be guilty because then there would be a conscious disregard of the danger of a firearm.

Again, this is a deflection and not a good faith argument. They’re not like causes, the person who shot Babbit did so purposefully by purposefully firing a gun. Potter didn’t violate the law because she didn’t know she had a gun. These are different in kind.

It's absolutely a good faith argument. It illustrates your utter hypocrisy.

I'm not talking about just Babbitt. What a sorry dodge. I'm talking about the hundreds of Trump traitors who attacked the cops that day.

If these traitors didn't get shot by the cops, then why did the black guy deserve to get shot by Potter? You can't explain yourself.

I think this is immaterial. We should be talking about how to prevent this in the future.

I'd say obeying the laws and refrain from fleeing from Police or attacking them is about the best way to "prevent this", and always has been.

I vote for "obey the laws". Do I hear a second?

It's absolutely a good faith argument. It illustrates your utter hypocrisy.

I'm not talking about just Babbitt. What a sorry dodge. I'm talking about the hundreds of Trump traitors who attacked the cops that day.

If these traitors didn't get shot by the cops, then why did the black guy deserve to get shot by Potter? You can't explain yourself.
This isn’t a matter of whether Wright “deserved” to get shot, it’s a matter of whether it constituted a crime to shoot him, and the evidence is quite clear it wasn’t

This isn’t a matter of whether Wright “deserved” to get shot, it’s a matter of whether it constituted a crime to shoot him, and the evidence is quite clear it wasn’t

Did it constitute a crime to shoot the hundreds of Trump traitors that injured over 100 cops on Jan 6?

You can't pretend to be rational when evaluating some situations, but not other situations that are politically inconvenient for you. That's called hypocrisy.

Oh, how cute....you're agreeing with racists because you don't like me. How pathetic.

Tell me again how Robert E. Lee was the only U.S. officer who joined the Confederacy and how there are no traitorous Trumpsters in the military. What a joke.
Revisiting one of your failures, like a dopey criminal revisiting the scene of his crime. Totally expected butt hurt loser move.

So much childish butt hurt.

At least try to act like a real, self confident, mature, grownup.

Did it constitute a crime to shoot the hundreds of Trump traitors that injured over 100 cops on Jan 6?
Hundreds of people weren’t shot and the one that was never assaulted an officer so this is a moot point.
You can't pretend to be rational when evaluating some situations, but not other situations that are politically inconvenient for you. That's called hypocrisy.
I think your constant attempts to deflect the topic constitute hilarity

1. It was a horrible mistake.

2. Her punishment should consist of:

a. She should be precluded from any police work in the future.

b. She should be ordered to pay a certain amount of each paycheck to the victim's family for the rest of her life (or until it reaches one million dollars).

There is no reason to put her in prison.

Right now there are robbers and sucker punchers and looters and rapists and even murderers who get only probation, if even that.

She did not intend to shoot the victim, and she has been traumatized.

No mistaking a taser for a gun

Let's be frank -- and civil.

If the police officer that made that terrible mistake were of another ethnicity, NO prosecutor would have indicted her.

Thus -- IMHO -- this case involves genuine racism.

No amount of jail time is reasonable for a police officer who makes a mistake in a stressful situation created entirely by the "victim."
That's right, when are some of these people going to stop resisting, but for Floyd's outrageous actions he would still be alive.

Floyd's actions destroyed a bunch of lives including his own, I mean how ****ing stupid is that ..what was going on in his pea sized brain.

Thankfully Potter will be able to rebuild her life in spite of Wrights stupid, disrespectful, unlawful behavior.

No, manslaughter is not merely accidentally killing someone. Manslaughter is killing someone with Criminal recklessness. There is already caselaw in Minnesota that says merely firing a gun that killed someone by accident is not by necessity criminal recklessness. Also mistake of fact (holding a taser versus a gun) is a defense.

This conviction is the result of the state misrepresenting the law.
Jeez, if only she could simply learn to obey the laws and stop being a criminal?

Dumb Duante couldn't learn, and now just look at where he ended up. Its almost as if this criminal element has declared war on decent and law abiding civilization. They are saying "I flatly refuse to live by rules and there is nothing you can do about that, you will RESPECT my chosen profession of being a criminal just as you respect teachers and plumbers and electricians!!"

My god...where will it end? Zeus only knows.
Sounds like you're describing Trump

That's right, when are some of these people going to stop resisting, but for Floyd's outrageous actions he would still be alive.

Floyd's actions destroyed a bunch of lives including his own, I mean how ****ing stupid is that ..what was going on in his pea sized brain.

Thankfully Potter will be able to rebuild her life in spite of Wrights stupid, disrespectful, unlawful behavior.
Maybe, as a felon. LOL

Good riddance to a bad cop

Let's be frank -- and civil.

If the police officer that made that terrible mistake were of another ethnicity, NO prosecutor would have indicted her.

Thus -- IMHO -- this case involves genuine racism.
LOL

A racist whining about racism

That's awesome!

Guess no minority cops are losers like her

Back
Top Bottom