• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple's Jobs Set to Revamp the IPhone

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
data

Apple CEO Steve Jobs speaks during the "All Things Digital" conference in Palos Verde. Photographer: Asa Mathat/All Things Digital via Bloomberg

Steve Jobs will probably unveil a new iPhone today, with analysts predicting that Apple Inc.’s chief executive officer will deliver a refashioned chassis and added features designed to fend off a threat from Google Inc.
Jobs is set to give the keynote address at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, a forum he typically uses to showcase new products. Apple has updated the iPhone each summer since the device’s debut in June 2007.
As he tries to entice buyers and convince the more than 50 million current iPhone users to trade up to the latest model, Jobs, 55, has to contend with Google, which is promoting phones that use its Android software. Apple’s latest device may boast an easier-to-read screen and longer battery life -- features the iPhone will need as Android gains in popularity.
“Apple should make sure they have the best experience that exists,” said Andy Hargreaves, an analyst at Pacific Crest Securities in Portland. “If they do, they’ll keep the profitable piece at the high end and can let Android take volume share in the middle and below.”
Apple also benefits from a broader range of downloadable tools, games and other applications -- about 200,000 versus about 50,000 for Android, Toni Sacconaghi, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. in New York, said in a June 4 report.
After unveiling the original iPhone, Cupertino, California- based Apple released the iPhone 3G in July 2008, which added support for third-generation wireless networks. A faster, thinner version, called the iPhone 3GS, came in June 2009.
Apple fell $7.16 to $255.97 on June 4 in Nasdaq Stock Market trading. The shares have gained 21 percent this year.

CONTINUED: Apple's Jobs Set to Revamp the IPhone to Stay Ahead of Google - Bloomberg

data

Apple CEO Steve Jobs speaks during the "All Things Digital" conference in Palos Verde. Photographer: Asa Mathat/All Things Digital via Bloomberg

Steve Jobs will probably unveil a new iPhone today, with analysts predicting that Apple Inc.’s chief executive officer will deliver a refashioned chassis and added features designed to fend off a threat from Google Inc.
Jobs is set to give the keynote address at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, a forum he typically uses to showcase new products. Apple has updated the iPhone each summer since the device’s debut in June 2007.
As he tries to entice buyers and convince the more than 50 million current iPhone users to trade up to the latest model, Jobs, 55, has to contend with Google, which is promoting phones that use its Android software. Apple’s latest device may boast an easier-to-read screen and longer battery life -- features the iPhone will need as Android gains in popularity.
“Apple should make sure they have the best experience that exists,” said Andy Hargreaves, an analyst at Pacific Crest Securities in Portland. “If they do, they’ll keep the profitable piece at the high end and can let Android take volume share in the middle and below.”
Apple also benefits from a broader range of downloadable tools, games and other applications -- about 200,000 versus about 50,000 for Android, Toni Sacconaghi, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. in New York, said in a June 4 report.
After unveiling the original iPhone, Cupertino, California- based Apple released the iPhone 3G in July 2008, which added support for third-generation wireless networks. A faster, thinner version, called the iPhone 3GS, came in June 2009.
Apple fell $7.16 to $255.97 on June 4 in Nasdaq Stock Market trading. The shares have gained 21 percent this year.

CONTINUED: Apple's Jobs Set to Revamp the IPhone to Stay Ahead of Google - Bloomberg

Unless he revamps it with a physical keyboard, I am not interested. :naughty

but but but.....
it has twice the resolution on a 3" screen! :roll:
And it has video phone capability ONLY for iphone 4 and only with wi-fi! :roll:
and its 24% THINNER! (because they were just so big before) :roll:
And it has chrome. CHROME on it man!!!! :shock:
And it can only use probably the worst cell phone carrier..... AT&T!

Wait..... youre right. They were worthless crap toys even before the new one came out.

Come on people. All folks need is a freakin' PHONE! Maybe email for business. A camera if a hot celeb flashes you some skin and you cant whip out your real camera fast enough.

It just gets me irked that people are suckers for waisting their money on this crap.

Until Apple releases its death grip on its own sold products i won't touch them. Its my damn phone, let me do what I want with it STEVE.

Just like the last two, when my contract is up, I'll probably buy it. Best device I've ever used.

I'd never even consider an iphone until they stop being exclusive to AT&T. Even then, I doubt I'd ever get one. There are lots of other phones out now that compete well with Apple, and I don't have to put up with the crappy way apple treats their customers to use them.

Back
Top Bottom