• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple Studios takes on the Peach State, exits Georgia production citing voter suppression law

Although I recognize I am wasting keystrokes I can't help but reply. The changes do not target Black people specifically, that is no more than a RW talking point, rather they target large urban areas with shorter hours, limited drop boxes etc. It is well understood that large urban areas have proportionately more Blacks. However, the most egregious part is giving the legislators the powers to take over voting districts. Given the targeting of predominantly Black counties for "suspected" fraud which districts do you think a Republican legislature will take over, rural mostly white districts or a district like Fulton?

Quite frankly it doesn't matter what anyone thinks other than the Black voters of Georgia. I think this will backfire big time on Republicans as Black voters, enraged with these changes, become even more organized and turn out in even larger numbers. Stacy Anrahms should not be underestimated.

As for the businesses, I think they should stay and do some proactive things to make voting easier, not harder. Give people paid time off to vote, organize early voting days and most importantly do NOT fund Republican candidates in Georgia.

The hours of voting were not shortened.

Were the changes defined for the authority to change things more to remove them from the hands of a single individual?

Seems that the authority claimed by the single individual was abused during the last election.

By what process do drop boxes certify that the voter that registered is the voter that filled out and submitted the ballot?

Are there more polling places in a rural district or a district like Fulton? How many more? Why?

Are the more McDonald's in a rural district or in a district like Fulton? How many more? Why?

It sounds like you are buying into propaganda and not really thinking about the real questions or the actual facts of the matter.

Sorry, normally I post the source, guess I forgot. One easy way to check is to highlight the part you want to check, right click, among the choices that come up is "search google for that phrase". That could be because I am using Chrome.

It is obviously aimed at electioneering.

If a politician is bent on passing out water 151 feet away from the polling place, no problem!

Seriously, how close to the door of a polling place do you want these lying thieves to stand and harass the good citizens trying to vote?

If they happen to set up a Lemonade Stand down the street or on the edge of the parking lot, is that REALLY an inhumane denial of human kindness?

I am glad they jumped through the unnecessary hurdles and voted.

I am astonished that weak minded drones accept lies instead of examining the actual facts when they are confirming their bias.

I am astonished that weak minded drones accept lies instead of examining the actual facts when they are confirming their bias.
ahh, now you are to the insults.

The optics of filming a TV series about slavery in Georgia would be extremely problematic. The Republican Georgia legislatures have passed new state laws making it more difficult for African-Americans to vote.

Georgia Governor Kemp and Republican state leaders signed the new Jim Crow voting legislation under a painting of the notorious Callaway Plantation in in Wilkes County, Ga. which was infamous for cruelty to its slaves.

Georgia-Gov-Brian-Kemp-signs-sweeping-election-rule-changes-into-law.jpg

Show in the voting Bill where it makes voting for African Americans harder to accomplish....waiting.

ahh, more insults

Looks like you are suitably compliant and looking forward to the chance to lay down so others can use you as a doormat.

Not an insult. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom