• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple replaces pistol emoji with water gun

Re: Apple removes pistol emoji with water gun

Sorry --- title should be "Apple REPLACES pistol emoji with water gun". Grrrr --- why can't we edit titles?

Apple replaces the pistol emoji with a water gun - Aug. 1, 2016

Thank God! More cyber lives will be saved!

I'm so detached from this that I didn't know emojis were still a thing until Apple had the whole diversity emoji update reveal a year or so ago. The culture war was replicated in some small and pathetic way with emojis.

"Apple has stood up to the bullying tactics of the NRA and gun industry by showing that there are many more life-affirming ways to express oneself than with a gun," said Leah Barrett, NYAGV's Executive Director on Monday.

Such as a smiling scoop of chocolate ice cream that has now become the international symbol for poop. Indeed, when I seek life affirmation, I go straight to my emojis.

Did you update recently?

iOS 10 is coming this fall.

Edit: I was an idiot and presumed it was isolated to iOS 10. I shall take my obsolete iPhone and express my embarrassment with an emoji samurai sword and digitally commit harakiri. Don't stop me!

The gun swap is just one of a number of emoji changes the company announced on Monday. It will also introduce new and revamped emojis that show women doing stereotypically male jobs like detective, construction worker, and police officer. There are new female athletes, a pride flag, and family options for single parents.

Why does everything have to be a political battle these days?

Edit: I was an idiot and presumed it was isolated to iOS 10. I shall take my obsolete iPhone and express my embarrassment with an emoji samurai sword and digitally commit harakiri. Don't stop me!

Great, now that you've said that, they're going to replace it with a styrofoam sword. You've ruined it for everyone with Apple phones!

Did you update recently?

Current IOS is 9.3.3 - surely the new safer gun will come with IOS 10 next month.

What a bunch of weak-need garbage that is.

Oops - you beat me to the update info.

Current IOS is 9.3.3 - surely the new safer gun will come with IOS 10 next month.

What a bunch of weak-need garbage that is.

Well apparently for some, emojis are a serious concern.

#FirstWorldProblems

Well apparently for some, emojis are a serious concern.

#FirstWorldProblems

Holy **** - I use maybe a handful, especially the pile of crap.:mrgreen:

From my cold dead battery, the right to tweet and text guns shall not be infringed!

Holy **** - I use maybe a handful, especially the pile of crap.:mrgreen:

By the way, I love that girl in the video complaining about the emojis being pink, when she was wearing a PINK shirt.

By the way, I love that girl in the video complaining about the emojis being pink, when she was wearing a PINK shirt.

Thank God my daughter is nothing like that.

From my cold dead battery, the right to tweet and text guns shall not be infringed!

No kidding.

CEO Tim Cook is openly gay, which is accepted, but God forbid they have a gun emoji.

No kidding.

CEO Tim Cook is openly gay, which is accepted, but God forbid they have a gun emoji.

so are they going to have a butt dildo emoji? :mrgreen:

Sorry --- title should be "Apple REPLACES pistol emoji with water gun". Grrrr --- why can't we edit titles?

Apple replaces the pistol emoji with a water gun - Aug. 1, 2016

Thank God! More cyber lives will be saved!

I would not know, I do not use emojis because thats gay, and I aint gay!!!one. I also have not done the recent update because I have straight talk, and I lose 4g and 3g and all data every time an update happens, and straight talk takes months to fix it.

I only have an iphone because my windows phone broke down, and straight talk does not offer them anymore, plus the only phones they had in stock where I lived were low end obsolete android phones, top of the line 600 dollar android phones, and the 150 dollar iphone 5s.

More symbolism over substance, a dominant liberal trait.

Back
Top Bottom