• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple pulls GOP funding over Trump remarks

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
As he as lived in a world where seemingly his comments lead to little or no repercussions the news has apparently gotten to Apple that he would like to force the iPhone maker to build it's phones here in the US. A practice he himself does not even do with his various products which require overseas manufacturing if he would like to see any profit whatsoever.

Apple stated that this was the reason that they have decided not to fund the RNC this year. Making it the first in a growing list of ex-sponsors that Trump is the sole reason for them doing so.

Trump?s Plan for American-Made iPhones Would Be Disastrous | WIRED

Report: Apple pulls GOP convention support over Trump | TheHill

So, what I'm getting here is, they're no longer seeing a positive return on investment...they are pulling their funding because, apparently, some who could be on the receiving end is basically saying they won't be able to get their own way anymore...

As he as lived in a world where seemingly his comments lead to little or no repercussions the news has apparently gotten to Apple that he would like to force the iPhone maker to build it's phones here in the US. A practice he himself does not even do with his various products which require overseas manufacturing if he would like to see any profit whatsoever.

Apple stated that this was the reason that they have decided not to fund the RNC this year. Making it the first in a growing list of ex-sponsors that Trump is the sole reason for them doing so.

Apple needs to attract talent and supporting GOP hate drives it away.

I think the bolded is a statement to be well pondered when evaluating Mr. Trump and his Presidential aspirations! :doh

I think the bolded is a statement to be well pondered when evaluating Mr. Trump and his Presidential aspirations! :doh

I have constantly brought this up to people and is in fact one of the most important reasons why I am not supporting the man. IF he really was a principled man he would do all he says, but he obviously doesn't and this is one of those things that can be easily researched. If he announced tomorrow, that he was going to be giving jobs to Americans by putting his businesses here, I would consider him, but I know he won't. Especially because, for reasons I cannot understand there is no movement forcing him to make his products in America!

Another Corporate giant that wants to exploit cheap third world labor at the expense of American jobs . All of these bigwigs want to keep wages low so we continue to buy their products and the democrats tax our company at the highest rate in the WORLD ! We continue to see plants being built in third World Countries and jobs leaving the USA . Wall Street has a death grip on the democratic party . Trade agreements like NAFTA ( thank you Clinton you perv. ) and Hillaroid's TPP , the World is laughing !

Another Corporate giant that wants to exploit cheap third world labor at the expense of American jobs . All of these bigwigs want to keep wages low so we continue to buy their products and the democrats tax our company at the highest rate in the WORLD ! We continue to see plants being built in third World Countries and jobs leaving the USA . Wall Street has a death grip on the democratic party . Trade agreements like NAFTA ( thank you Clinton you perv. ) and Hillaroid's TPP , the World is laughing !

You know Trump does the same thing right?

You know Trump does the same thing right?

And that's because he run's a business and most businessmen look for the cheapest way to run that business . Trump is the ONLY one talking about doing away with these insane trade agreements and allowing tax breaks for companies setting up shop in third World Countries . Who do you think gave Hillaroid all those "donations" , take a look at the Clinton Fraud Foundation and all the foreigners that got big favors for donations and waiting for much, much more . Wall Street loves the corrupt Clinton's !!!

I have constantly brought this up to people and is in fact one of the most important reasons why I am not supporting the man. IF he really was a principled man he would do all he says, but he obviously doesn't and this is one of those things that can be easily researched. If he announced tomorrow, that he was going to be giving jobs to Americans by putting his businesses here, I would consider him, but I know he won't. Especially because, for reasons I cannot understand there is no movement forcing him to make his products in America!
Agreed.

Everyone wants to feel good while Trump spouts:

"I'm going to bring all the jobs back to America, it'll be great - you'll see"!

But only just a moment's thought illuminates it for the total bull**** it is, along with most of what he says.

There's reasons his supporters may want to vote for him, but hopes of him carrying out his rhetoric is not one of them.

Not only was that a very good article IMO, but it also points-out what will likely be Mr. trump's demographic stumbling-block to attaining the Presidency:

"The number of voters who meet the “white working class” definition is shrinking. In 1980, 65 percent of voters were white and lacked a college education. In 2012, it was just 36 percent. But it’s been a powerful constituency for Trump, nonetheless, one that he’d be far less dominant without."

Unless he can pivot to winning over the minority Hispanic, black, and female vote, he's dead in the water; and to the contrary, he seems to do all he can to alienate the Mexican vote! He seems to be running a campaign of the dinosaurs, because I do not believe a candidate can ascend to the White House in our changing America without drawing at least some moderate amount of the black vote, and even moreso a substantial amount of the Hispanic vote. The numbers just aren't there. :doh

this coming from a company that makes it's product in china,trump does not need apples money what he needs is votes and he has the votes. the WASHINGTON HACKS ON the left and the right are scared to death ,trump will win and end their gravy train ,you can bet the boys and girls on K st. are doing what they can to hammer trump.
run don run

run don run

Who cares? The party Conventions shouldn't be getting sponsorships in the first place.

And that's because he run's a business and most businessmen look for the cheapest way to run that business . Trump is the ONLY one talking about doing away with these insane trade agreements and allowing tax breaks for companies setting up shop in third World Countries . Who do you think gave Hillaroid all those "donations" , take a look at the Clinton Fraud Foundation and all the foreigners that got big favors for donations and waiting for much, much more . Wall Street loves the corrupt Clinton's !!!

and one businessman doesn't get the right to tell another company to stop doing practices he himself does! Not even a President can do that, only a dictator could. Is that what you want?

this coming from a company that makes it's product in china,trump does not need apples money what he needs is votes and he has the votes. the WASHINGTON HACKS ON the left and the right are scared to death ,trump will win and end their gravy train ,you can bet the boys and girls on K st. are doing what they can to hammer trump.
run don run

run don run
Aside from your desire to see an anti-establishment candidate (to which I fully agree), where in your political analysis do you see these votes coming from? From which demographics?

run don run

run don run

I think by gravy train you mean the economy.

Aside from your desire to see an anti-establishment candidate (to which I fully agree), where in your political analysis do you see these votes coming from? From which demographics?

Most people love the idea of an anti-establishment guy to run and that's why every single candidate has been saying they aren't part of the establishment. The difference between Romney 2012 and Trump 2016 is that Romney had the entire party ready to support him and a lack-luster boring campaign about economics. To which the public couldn't care less about! Despite the pundits.

Trump's campaign is the complete opposite in that he has virtually no support inside the party and angry supporters that are so loud it makes him seem like he has a lot of support when the reality is far from the truth! It doesn't help that the media loves covering Trump.

Until Republicans find that perfect balance between the two, they aren't going to see one of their guys in the hot seat and I believe that the party needs a major re-awakening if that were to ever happen, again! Trump may be the Republicans' sacrificial lamb

Most people love the idea of an anti-establishment guy to run and that's why every single candidate has been saying they aren't part of the establishment. The difference between Romney 2012 and Trump 2016 is that Romney had the entire party ready to support him and a lack-luster boring campaign about economics. To which the public couldn't care less about! Despite the pundits.

Trump's campaign is the complete opposite in that he has virtually no support inside the party and angry supporters that are so loud it makes him seem like he has a lot of support when the reality is far from the truth! It doesn't help that the media loves covering Trump.

Until Republicans find that perfect balance between the two, they aren't going to see one of their guys in the hot seat and I believe that the party needs a major re-awakening if that were to ever happen, again! Trump may be the Republicans' sacrificial lamb
All true, and well stated on the macro level.

But I was trying to draw-out from the poster analysis of a more specific nature: From which specific demographics will Trump amass enough votes for a win? I just don't see it. He is shrinking the already crappy demographics of the previous Romney bid!

The need to address those GOP neglected demographics is in my opinion the greatest obstacle to the GOP winning national elections - and these demographic trends are steadfastly running against them. Something is going to have to give. We see these fractures now, actually.

All true, and well stated on the macro level.

But I was trying to draw-out from the poster analysis of a more specific nature: From which specific demographics will Trump amass enough votes for a win? I just don't see it. He is shrinking the already crappy demographics of the previous Romney bid!

The need to address those GOP neglected demographics is in my opinion the greatest obstacle to the GOP winning national elections - and these demographic trends are steadfastly running against them. Something is going to have to give. We see these fractures now, actually.

He can't! He is doing worse than Romney and Romney is everything Trump claims to be. By this time Romney was probably more than half way to his $1billion fundraising goal which he hit in September 2012, and Trump hasn't even started, yet! And he is making it even harder than usual for the party to get sponsors. He doesn't even have the $1 Billion if he were to go it alone.

He can't! He is doing worse than Romney and Romney is everything Trump claims to be. By this time Romney was probably more than half way to his $1billion fundraising goal which he hit in September 2012, and Trump hasn't even started, yet! And he is making it even harder than usual for the party to get sponsors. He doesn't even have the $1 Billion if he were to go it alone.
And to add:

Trump's Billions are not sitting around liquid in a checking account - they are accrued in real assets that cannot be sold or liquidated in time for this election. To self-fund, he'll need to borrow and pay the carrying costs!

And to add:

Trump's Billions are not sitting around liquid in a checking account - they are accrued in real assets that cannot be sold or liquidated in time for this election. To self-fund, he'll need to borrow and pay the carrying costs!

All assets he should relinquish ownership of for the election.

All assets he should relinquish ownership of for the election.
He already has stated he turned over administrative control of his business to his son.

Just for reference.

and one businessman doesn't get the right to tell another company to stop doing practices he himself does! Not even a President can do that, only a dictator could. Is that what you want?

You miss the point , if we have fair and balanced trade businessmen would not look to third World Countries to provide goods . We have lost millions of manufacturing jobs to third World Countries that pay $2 per hour and their Government subsides them to boot . We yell about paying $15 an hour to totally unskilled people but you think it's ok to exploit others . Why do you overlook all the corrupt deeds of Killary Rotten Clinton ? Hasn't she stole enough WH furniture ? Hasn't she made enough in the cattle futures ? Hasn't her perv husband sexually abused enough interns and women ? :roll:

He buffered the value of his real estate to get his $10B bloto value. Using all that as collateral, he would need divine intervention to get $1B from the banks he's been fooling since day one. Of course, he considers himself divine. Second only to God. The man is a fraudulent, flim-flam carnival barker that keeps conversationally moving like a shark to avoid any depth of discussion. Attending to his misstatements along the way delay progress towards and any accomplishment of the matter in question. He tells more lies or wrongs than can be attended to before he tells another lie, etc.

run don run

run don run

Apple makes it's (sic) products in China. Just like Donald Trump's company does.

Donald Trump Sells Chinese Goods Despite Accusing China of Stealing US Jobs - ABC News

I can't decide if your post was ironic or just tingingly stupid like most posts made by Trump supporters.

Apple makes it's (sic) products in China. Just like Donald Trump's company does.

Donald Trump Sells Chinese Goods Despite Accusing China of Stealing US Jobs - ABC News

I can't decide if your post was ironic or just tingingly stupid like most posts made by Trump supporters.

apple is now in Saudi Arabia ,i wonder how you square that with the fact that queers are killed for being queers in Saudi Arabia ,it just looks like you want to pick and choose what you want you want to believe.

run don run

Back
Top Bottom