• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple pulls GOP funding over Trump remarks

Not every candidate is perfect and when making a choice you have to see which one has the most attributes you feel are most important to YOU . Does character matter ? Do values matter ? Are they honest ? Do they obey the law ? Do they respect the law ? Do they motivate others ? Are they worker friendly or are they tax crazy ? Do they promote victimization ? Will they provide jobs or encourage welfare ? Have they worked for a living or are they career politicians ? If they have served what have they done ? Are they involved in scandals and bribes ? I know all I need to know about your stand by your closing remark " #NeverTrump; #NeverHillary; Everyone Sucks 2016; FU 2016 " Just precious and quite insightful ! :lamo

Better than blindly following a lying thin-skinned narcissistic bully.

Bad news for the GOP delegates……..they will now have to buy their own booze and free food……

One wonders how many delegates will join the many prominent GOP leaders and bail on the Convention...........

And from what I hear it will be 4 nights od Donald Trump speechifying...............reading from his teleprompter..............I look to see the TV rating tank one day after another........

I think the bolded is a statement to be well pondered when evaluating Mr. Trump and his Presidential aspirations! :doh
Don't even bother brother; attempts at persuasion, no matter how glaring, will only entrench the believers in their faith.

More on topic, I'm not a corporatist by any means, but I commend Apple for this move. If Trump is going to talk the talk, he'll have to walk the walk. Let's see how tough of a guy he is once he starts seeing his insanity unravel before him.

So, what I'm getting here is, they're no longer seeing a positive return on investment...they are pulling their funding because, apparently, some who could be on the receiving end is basically saying they won't be able to get their own way anymore...
Practical reality.

As he as lived in a world where seemingly his comments lead to little or no repercussions the news has apparently gotten to Apple that he would like to force the iPhone maker to build it's phones here in the US. A practice he himself does not even do with his various products which require overseas manufacturing if he would like to see any profit whatsoever.

Apple stated that this was the reason that they have decided not to fund the RNC this year. Making it the first in a growing list of ex-sponsors that Trump is the sole reason for them doing so.

Trump?s Plan for American-Made iPhones Would Be Disastrous | WIRED

Report: Apple pulls GOP convention support over Trump | TheHill

Don't even bother brother; attempts at persuasion, no matter how glaring, will only entrench the believers in their faith.

More on topic, I'm not a corporatist by any means, but I commend Apple for this move. If Trump is going to talk the talk, he'll have to walk the walk. Let's see how tough of a guy he is once he starts seeing his insanity unravel before him.
Well gentlemen, as nicely prepared as the OP was, it seems there's more to the story! Apple is simply one on a growing list of major corps boycotting the convention - check it out:

MetLife Inc.

Walgreens

Hewlett Packard Inc.

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

UPS

Motorola

Wells Fargo & Co.

Ford Motor Co.

Coca-Cola

Microsoft

Apple

Source: TPM: All These Companies Are Skipping Out On Trump’s GOP Convention In Cleveland

I used TPM as a source due to it having the corps in list form, which allowed easier presentation; it is a liberal bipartisan site, but these same companies are listed in other various legit sources around the net in narrative form and on CTV.

Also, keep in mind the list above is 4 days old.

Well gentlemen, as nicely prepared as the OP was, it seems there's more to the story! Apple is simply one on a growing list of major corps boycotting the convention - check it out:

MetLife Inc.

Walgreens

Hewlett Packard Inc.

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

UPS

Motorola

Wells Fargo & Co.

Ford Motor Co.

Coca-Cola

Microsoft

Apple

Source: TPM: All These Companies Are Skipping Out On Trump’s GOP Convention In Cleveland

I used TPM as a source due to it having the corps in list form, which allowed easier presentation; it is a liberal bipartisan site, but these same companies are listed in other various legit sources around the net in narrative form and on CTV.

Also, keep in mind the list above is 4 days old.

Do any of the companies state that the reason for them pulling out its because trump specifically signaled them out? Or due to trump himself?? The statements from them seem to be more generic (we don't like the image of the Republicans this year) even know we know trump is the reason. I think Apple is the only one who has said that outright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As he as lived in a world where seemingly his comments lead to little or no repercussions the news has apparently gotten to Apple that he would like to force the iPhone maker to build it's phones here in the US. A practice he himself does not even do with his various products which require overseas manufacturing if he would like to see any profit whatsoever.

It doesn't matter that he doesn't do that now. To stay competitive, you have to do similar practices as your competitors. Maybe he wants yo use "made in USA" stuff, but would lose customers. Making tax laws that place US goods in line or cheaper for US consumption would allow this, and his interests would do the same as well.

Please... step up to a higher lever of logic.

I don't get it, why does anyone care if corporations boycott conventions?

And that's because he run's a business and most businessmen look for the cheapest way to run that business . Trump is the ONLY one talking about doing away with these insane trade agreements and allowing tax breaks for companies setting up shop in third World Countries . Who do you think gave Hillaroid all those "donations" , take a look at the Clinton Fraud Foundation and all the foreigners that got big favors for donations and waiting for much, much more . Wall Street loves the corrupt Clinton's !!!

True.

What ModerateGOP and others don't realize is he would be imposing these rules on himself too. They are very, very short sighted not to see their own bias in this.

Agreed.

Everyone wants to feel good while Trump spouts:

"I'm going to bring all the jobs back to America, it'll be great - you'll see"!

But only just a moment's thought illuminates it for the total bull**** it is, along with most of what he says.

There's reasons his supporters may want to vote for him, but hopes of him carrying out his rhetoric is not one of them.

It is BS. Even if he gives it an honest try, it will never happen. Congress has to pass the legislation first... maybe they will when hell freezes over.

True.

What ModerateGOP and others don't realize is he would be imposing these rules on himself too. They are very, very short sighted not to see their own bias in this.
Would he? Or, does he know he'd never to actually be able to accomplish it and he's just selling a bunch of desperate voters a bunch of snake oil?

It is BS. Even if he gives it an honest try, it will never happen. Congress has to pass the legislation first... maybe they will when hell freezes over.

Who ever wins will get their marching orders. Remember all the "Change" Obama ran on, then once in office it was basically no different than Bush.

Who ever wins will get their marching orders. Remember all the "Change" Obama ran on, then once in office it was basically no different than Bush.

Except for the steamroller Obamacare, that didn't get a single republican vote.

When is the last time a republican congress and republican president did anything like that to the public?

Except for the steamroller Obamacare, that didn't get a single republican vote.

When is the last time a republican congress and republican president did anything like that to the public?

... and the Democrats that voted for it en mass didn't even read it.

... and the Democrats that voted for it en mass didn't even read it.

LOL...

The famous "you have to vote for the bill to see what's in it" remark... What stupidity of those who voted YES!

Exactly.

He's just pandering.

They all do of course, though he seems a little more egregious than most.

Apple needs to attract talent and supporting GOP hate drives it away.

Looks like "social justice" mongering isn't helping them much.

Apple needs to attract talent and supporting GOP hate drives it away.

Why would it do that? Apple is one of the world's most sought after employers, not donating to the GOP convention is not goign to change that. DO you think Silicon Valley is filled with Trump-supporting Republicans?

Why would it do that? Apple is one of the world's most sought after employers, not donating to the GOP convention is not goign to change that. DO you think Silicon Valley is filled with Trump-supporting Republicans?

you seem unaware that apple has supported the gop in the past.

you seem unaware that apple has supported the gop in the past.

Why would that matter? It does not change the fact that Apple is still a very desirable place to work.

Back
Top Bottom