• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple just confirmed Trump's trade war is hurting global growth

Serious question: If you were making more money prior to Trump's silly little trade wars, how unfair were China's trade practices? You would think that American companies would be doing better, not worse, with China put in it's place.

Also...hurting the global economy? I think you're actually helping it, by removing yourselves as competition. So at least there's that...

I feel like I stumbled into Opposite Day, or something.

The real question is what unfair trading policies? WTO has rules and methods of recourse for such practices, so why does the US not use them?

They hit peak pricing when the cheapest new iPhone started at 1000 dollars. Problem was that they increased the price and introduced a "cheap" iPhone that was still more expensive than the premium iPhone from 2 years ago.

Apple has totally screwed up their own pricing. There is no real good reason to go from the X to the XS and the XR is too expensive to be a cheap phone and its screen is rubbish compared to the X and XS. That is why the X actually out sold the newer models.

Add to that, the iPhone 8 and earlier have been banned in China and Germany and soon all of Europe due to patent violations.

In places like India and China Oppo, Honor, Huwauai and others have phones that do what iPhones do and are much cheaper...so why get an iPhone?

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Do you understand that Apple guidance was reduced by 10% of growth? That means $86 bil in sales instead of 94 bil. Apple is about to declare its best quarter ever. The Apple 8 was discontinued from production last quarter. There is only sell off of unsold product. Even with the advance of Chinese smart phones, Apple still holds more than 90% of worldwide smartphone profits. Not one company in the industry comes anywhere near Apple in smartphone profits. Apple does not need the low end commoditized market. More and more Android users are switching to the iOS ecosystem. Apple is suffering from less upgrading because of dependable products and cheaper battery replacements. Why buy a new phone if the old one is performing well?

Apple is shifting from a hardware company to a hardware and services company. Their decision to no longer release iPhone sales numbers scared analysts because it took away a measurement tool, but the decision is to encourage the viewing of the service end of the company where growth has topped 25% this past year with increasing momentum, especially in the health industry.

The Qualcom actions are meaningless in the long run, and Qualcom is losing their most important client by being too greedy. Killing the goose that laid the golden egg for them.

Still no one comes close to Apple's cash reserves, operating budget or R&D. Yet guys like you yell Apple is doomed, again. Apple just announced its licensing iTunes Video for Samsung smart TV's. Expanding the ecosystem of services, a simple yet telling step about the future for Apple. Apple will be raising the dividend from .72 to .8 or more this spring.

Hey Pete, how many multibillion dollar companies are you running? You're very smart so do tell. I've bought more Apple equities these past two weeks. Last time Apple stock prices behaved like this, they rose 75% in the following two years. I put my money where my mouth is, and like any knowledgable investor, I know you make your money when you buy. No doubt you're right, Apple is doomed. But the all knowing analysts who were touting Apple 3 months ago, and like you predicting doom today, are busy trying to figure out where Apple will invest in buying other companies, making the same old meaningless suggestions.

Apple isn't heading back towards prior highs, it's heading to within $300 before 2 years pass.

And one more thing, it is Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd not Huwauai.

BTW, I similar faith in the overall market for American equities. I see this as a healthy correction, not the end of the world as we know it. Lot of bargains out there for those who do their research and use common sense.

Don't forget the cannoli.

Apple still holds more than 90% of worldwide smartphone profits..

Kinda natural when you don't care about price and only about that sweet 40% profit margin.
More and more Android users are switching to the iOS ecosystem. .
False.

Apple is suffering from less upgrading because of dependable products and cheaper battery replacements. Why buy a new phone if the old one is performing well?
Hyperhole. You can say that of any top end phone.

Still no one comes close to Apple's cash reserves, operating budget or R&D.

Horse****. Google. Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung and more all spend more on R&D than Apple and have for years. Apple is not even the top 20 of companies world wide.

Yet guys like you yell Apple is doomed, again. Apple just announced its licensing iTunes Video for Samsung smart TV's. Expanding the ecosystem of services, a simple yet telling step about the future for Apple. Apple will be raising the dividend from .72 to .8 or more this spring.

Yes because yet another of their products failed...Apple TV.

Apple is not doomed because it has a very big and loyal fan base, but its supposed dominance is over and it down hill from here.

Kinda natural when you don't care about price and only about that sweet 40% profit margin.

False.

Hyperhole. You can say that of any top end phone.

Horse****. Google. Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung and more all spend more on R&D than Apple and have for years. Apple is not even the top 20 of companies world wide.

Yes because yet another of their products failed...Apple TV.

Apple is not doomed because it has a very big and loyal fan base, but its supposed dominance is over and it down hill from here.

In real life, surveys are showing greater adoption of iOS products by Android users this past year, reversing prior trends on the top end and mid enterprise markets. Relative simplicity and consistency are the driving forces. Much lower support costs are also a factor. Here, hospitals issue controlled iPhone units to staff to take advantage of Apple's health kit and administrative chore software. Entering data into patient charts and then accessing it quickly without computer stations. Just one industrial example. There are more growing elsewhere, because the workers are already educated for how to use the OS. I go to a major construction site, I see contractors access architectural instructions on their iPhones, real estate brokers and agents showing houses and rooms to clients on the iPhones, and then filling out finance forms. Sorry babe, none of that is happening on Android with alacrity or common usage.

When you buy an Apple product, you don't merely buy the product, you buy the software, the OS and whatever else is supplied at no cost, with no cost for software upgrades. That 40% profit ratio on the hardware is reduced by the costs for the OS and other software. You buy into the eco system, something that barely exists from competitors.

I doubt anyone in Bolivia will buy an Apple phone. Eventually, Samsung or one of the cheap Chinese or Indian OEM's will grab the market. Eventually is a long way away, with the average income in Bolivia being $86 a month.

If you could say that about any top end phone they'd all be real competitors and Apple wouldn't be walking away with 90% of the profits.

Google. Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung spend larger percentages of their revenues on research, but do not match Apple on a $ basis. More important, Apple has proved itself with more efficient R&D, earning higher results than its competitors. They are each competent companies in their core businesses (tho Amazon equity prices are ridiculously out of sync), but none of them have caught up to Apple.

Sales of Apple TV keep growing, year after year. Apple units out sell Hulu, and everyone else in that part of the industry including Amazon's Fire and Google's Chromecast. Other companies licensed their products for inclusion by smart TV's. Now Apple has started doing the same. Video streaming is a battlefield just commencing. Real winners and losers are yet to be determined. As a hardware company, Apple wasn't seeking dominance of the marketplace, but a place to learn and experiment with its software. Settop boxes were anachronistic before they ever came out. The cable providers have their own answers in development. They still control the delivery of data to most homes and other venues. Not every product needs to be a roaring success, just a success and a path for future development. Apple TV is already capable of being a separate and successful company that would be in the SAP 500. That's not a failure.

I understand, Apple is the big boy on the block and your ego demands you not support the king of the mountain. Your ego doesn't matter.

Meanwhile where is that billion dollar company you run?

In real life, surveys are showing greater adoption of iOS products by Android users this past year,..... and then filling out finance forms. Sorry babe, none of that is happening on Android with alacrity or common usage.

Which Apple marketing material did you copy and paste that from? Most of it is bull**** based on a Steve Jobs myth created 10+ years ago.

When you buy an Apple product, you don't merely buy the product, you buy the software, the OS and whatever else is supplied at no cost, with no cost for software upgrades. That 40% profit ratio on the hardware is reduced by the costs for the OS and other software. You buy into the eco system, something that barely exists from competitors.

The hardware has always been what you were buying as it was a status symbol. The software has become worse and worse over time, with bugs after bugs. Security is a joke and the speed of patches to fix massive security flaws are slow as hell. The eco-system is more a cage than anything else. There has been studies that state why people stick with Apple. It is not because it is simple or better.. it is iTunes (not an issue anymore) and iMessage. iMessage is the drug that keeps people with Apple. Remove iMessage and people would abandon Apple in droves.

I doubt anyone in Bolivia will buy an Apple phone. Eventually, Samsung or one of the cheap Chinese or Indian OEM's will grab the market. Eventually is a long way away, with the average income in Bolivia being $86 a month.

Bolivia aint the market for Apple. China and India are, and they are failing badly there. Apple has lost its cult like status in many parts of the world because of all its problems with hardware and software. It is not the best screen or software anymore (has not been for half a decade but hey), and that matters.

If you could say that about any top end phone they'd all be real competitors and Apple wouldn't be walking away with 90% of the profits.

Apple has a massive profit margin and that means high profits. Its main competitors dont have such high profit margins because the Android market is far more competitive. Also a large portion of the Apple profit now comes from services and that is often something that Samsung and others dont have.

Google. Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung spend larger percentages of their revenues on research, but do not match Apple on a $ basis. More important, Apple has proved itself with more efficient R&D, earning higher results than its competitors. They are each competent companies in their core businesses (tho Amazon equity prices are ridiculously out of sync), but none of them have caught up to Apple.

BULL****. Apple uses very little on R&D and is not efficient.. if they were how come they constantly release bugged software and hardware? Apple has not innovated anything the last 5 years minimum. Last innovation was the iPad.. I dont count the watch, because that is a failure like all smart watches. So spare me the Apple propaganda bull****.

Sales of Apple TV keep growing, year after year. Apple units out sell Hulu, and everyone else in that part of the industry including Amazon's Fire and Google's Chromecast.

False. First HULU is a service and not a device. HULU is only in the US. Chromecast and Fire sticks are world wide and have been outselling Apple TV big time.

Other companies licensed their products for inclusion by smart TV's. Now Apple has started doing the same.

Apple TV is a failure. It is an expensive stupid box that a 30 dollar Chromecast can beat the pants off. And caving to pressure to put iTunes on Samsung TVs, only shows that Apple has accepted that they cant sell Apple TVs and want to focus on content and to do that they need to be on platforms that people actually own.. like Android, Samsung TVs and so on. Why do you think they created the Apple Music app on Android? They want to be a content company instead of a hardware company.. which is understandable.

I understand you are an Apple fanboy and are blinded by this. But reality for Apple is, that it is big in certain markets, but in the 2 markets that matter for the future, aka India and China, it is failing badly and will continue to do so unless they change the way they do business.. which they wont.

I expect iPhone sales to decline, but since Apple wont release those numbers anymore then we cant really say can we? Funny how Apple always stops releasing sales numbers in categories that have shown a decline in sales.

Which Apple marketing material did you copy and paste that from? Most of it is bull**** based on a Steve Jobs myth created 10+ years ago.

Nonsense and a desperate response.

The hardware has always been what you were buying as it was a status symbol. The software has become worse and worse over time, with bugs after bugs. Security is a joke and the speed of patches to fix massive security flaws are slow as hell. The eco-system is more a cage than anything else. There has been studies that state why people stick with Apple. It is not because it is simple or better.. it is iTunes (not an issue anymore) and iMessage. iMessage is the drug that keeps people with Apple. Remove iMessage and people would abandon Apple in droves.

Your opinion doesn't seem to mean much to all those people not as smart as you who prefer Apple. :)

Bolivia aint the market for Apple. China and India are, and they are failing badly there. Apple has lost its cult like status in many parts of the world because of all its problems with hardware and software. It is not the best screen or software anymore (has not been for half a decade but hey), and that matters.

Love your sense of humor.

Apple has a massive profit margin and that means high profits. Its main competitors dont have such high profit margins because the Android market is far more competitive. Also a large portion of the Apple profit now comes from services and that is often something that Samsung and others dont have.

Uh huh. An old song that still hasn't made the top ten.

BULL****. Apple uses very little on R&D and is not efficient.. if they were how come they constantly release bugged software and hardware? Apple has not innovated anything the last 5 years minimum. Last innovation was the iPad.. I dont count the watch, because that is a failure like all smart watches. So spare me the Apple propaganda bull****.

The Apple Watch has become another dominant force in a market none knew existed, along with AirPods and Beats products, wearables. No one comes close and again hardly a failure and capable of being a successful independent business, just breaking ground. Like most Apple critics, you fail to understand Apple works in tandem with Braeburn Capital Inc.

Braeburn is the world's largest hedge fund. Started with a $10 million investment, it shows on Apple's books as a $10 million holding. It is now larger than Apple. It is wholly owned by Apple. Braeburn consistently underwrites R&D startups to the tune of $50 bil minimum annually, outside analyst view. Braeburn takes a 51% position in each non-public underwritten company it finances. Braeburn's finances as a private company are not publicly disclosed, but Braeburn is registered as primary investor in more than 300 companies, predominantly in the health, defense, and agricultural industries. Without understanding Braeburn is underwriting more R&D than any other 5 companies in the world, as an arm of Apple, you know nothing of Apple's R&D expenditures. Add that to Apple's direct $11 bil direct R&D and you have a clue.

False. First HULU is a service and not a device. HULU is only in the US. Chromecast and Fire sticks are world wide and have been outselling Apple TV big time.

Hulu manufactures and sells a cable set top box distributed through cable and direct satellite companies. After Pioneer and Samsung, the Hulu box branded with carrier names is the 3rd largest selling cable box in the world, and makes Hulu more money than its streaming service which is included with its boxes. It accounts for 8% of the cable and satellite market. Both Fire and Chromecast sales have dropped by more than 50% this past year, Apple TV sales have increased about 20%. Some us bother to read quarterly shareholder reports. These devices are being made obsolete by smart tv's which include the streaming software. Amazon and Google have been licensing the software for two years and as these tv's reach consumers there is no need for their devices. Apple will eventually face the same issue and they are now responding. The consumer will choose which software best suits their needs and desires, and we still haven't seen the carrier's responses. You're shooting off your mouth with very limited knowledge and an emotional response.

continued

Apple TV is a failure. It is an expensive stupid box that a 30 dollar Chromecast can beat the pants off. And caving to pressure to put iTunes on Samsung TVs, only shows that Apple has accepted that they cant sell Apple TVs and want to focus on content and to do that they need to be on platforms that people actually own.. like Android, Samsung TVs and so on. Why do you think they created the Apple Music app on Android? They want to be a content company instead of a hardware company.. which is understandable.
I understand you are an Apple fanboy and are blinded by this. But reality for Apple is, that it is big in certain markets, but in the 2 markets that matter for the future, aka India and China, it is failing badly and will continue to do so unless they change the way they do business.. which they wont.

Silly. You know nothing of me. I'm an investor, I invest based on numbers, not emotions. I like Apple products, been using Macs for decades. But I primarily use highend UNIX workstations, even now in retirement. I own an iPhone, a Samsung S8, but my daily carry is a Kyocera clamshell. Simple and it makes clear calls with a quality speaker and no distractions. When I want to be on the internet for entertainment, like now, I use a mid 2011 iMac. Never had a problem with it and it functions like it was brand new. But I also have two high end custom made SGI workstations, one used as family server for a private intranet with a direct satellite communications system (a very large family), the other for keeping track of my portfolio, disconnected from all outside eyes.

Horse manure about the Chinese market, China's economy is suffering like everyone else's. Industrial progress is faltering. Protectionism, local competition and a limited buying power middle class are all obstacles for all non Chinese companies. Apple is not failing in China but stumbling, for factors having not that much to do with Apple, like Trumps trumped up tariff war. Apple iPhones are still a status symbol in China where status symbols are more important than actual individual earnings. You need to learn a lot more about China before pronouncing anything other than parroting useless media analysts.

The Indian market, also suffering protectionism and limited buying power is just now being penetrated by Apple, with a new factory for the local market about to open this year. Again you speak without knowledge.

I expect iPhone sales to decline, but since Apple wont release those numbers anymore then we cant really say can we? Funny how Apple always stops releasing sales numbers in categories that have shown a decline in sales.

Again Apple is making the smart move. Shifting to services they want to remove the emphasis on hardware from the consumer eyes and push another view. In the long run this will force the analysts to change how they evaluate Apple equities and the prices for Apple shares will increase. Apple is about to report its best quarter ever. You are out of your depth, really just parrot the usual anti Apple nonsense and don't know what you are talking about.

And be thankful you haven't attacked a dozen other companies the media critics have kicked. You have no idea what you are dealing with.

Frankly, I don't see why Apple's financial affairs are of any consequence whatsoever in an "Economics" Debate Forum.

Aside from the fact that they have been hiding billions from American taxation for years - from Bloomberg: Americans Are Paying Apple Millions to Shelter Overseas Profits - excerpt:

Over the years, Apple Inc. has become the poster child for U.S. multinationals accused of sheltering overseas profits to avoid the IRS. What’s gone largely unnoticed is that it’s been paid more than half a billion dollars by the U.S. government to do just that.

Taking advantage of an exemption tucked into America’s Byzantine tax code, Apple stashed much of its foreign earnings—tax-free—right here in the U.S., in part by purchasing government bonds, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter. In return, the Treasury Department paid Apple at least $600 million and possibly much more over the past five years in the form of interest, a Bloomberg review of its regulatory filings shows.

The untold story of Apple and its taxes wends its way from Cork, Ireland, to New York and then Reno, Nevada. But according to tax experts interviewed by Bloomberg News, the maker of iPhones is hardly unique. Many of the biggest U.S. multinationals have seized on the same exemption, which lets them avoid or delay repatriation taxes by buying Treasuries with their overseas cash. (The top 10 alone hold over $100 billion of the bonds.) That, in effect, enables the companies to turn billions of dollars in potential tax liabilities into millions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies—all while they publicly bemoan the sky-high taxes that make it impossible for them to bring the money home.

From the government’s standpoint, “it’s as if you are paying someone to borrow a bike that’s actually yours to begin with,” said Reuven Avi-Yonah, a professor who specializes in corporate and international taxation at the University of Michigan Law School. “The whole thing is full of uneasy compromises in order to dance around the reality that most of the money isn’t actually offshore—it’s really here.”

Boyz-'n-girlz, we are being had royally by the present system of taxation that creates not just American billionaires, but American zillionaires. The most excessive waste of good money since time immemorial. (Just how many Rolls-Royces can a family need to own?)

I say bring the money home where we'll tax it with breakneck speed and spend it where it does general good for the American people.

Like a National Healthcare Plan ...

Horse manure about the Chinese market, China's economy is suffering like everyone else's. Industrial progress is faltering. Protectionism, local competition and a limited buying power middle class are all obstacles for all non Chinese companies.

You dont seem to understand that the Chinese middle class is larger than the whole American population. China matters for the future of any company of Apples size.

Apple is not failing in China but stumbling, for factors having not that much to do with Apple, like Trumps trumped up tariff war.

Apple has been "stumbling" for years in China then.

Apple iPhones are still a status symbol in China where status symbols are more important than actual individual earnings. You need to learn a lot more about China before pronouncing anything other than parroting useless media analysts.

I know quite a bit about the Chinese and what they want. Back in the day they wanted big screens, and Apple refused to do so. Samsung provided that, and later on Xiaomi, ZTE, OPPO and Huawei came on the market and now dominate it totally. Where was Apple? On their "oh no larger than 5 inch" bull****. Then they finally caved and produced HUGE phones, with still small screens. Apple has never really been a major status symbol in China..if it was, then Apple would not be sucking on a 6.7% and dropping market share. Apple is a status symbol in the US, no doubt, but in China not so much. In India it is not at all, and the "symbol" is getting fainter and fainter world wide with every poor launch of inferior products from Apple.

The Indian market, also suffering protectionism and limited buying power is just now being penetrated by Apple, with a new factory for the local market about to open this year. Again you speak without knowledge.

LOL, more Apple PR bull****. How about you actually ask people in the Indian market why Apple sucks there? There is plenty of information online about it. And lets not forget, that soon, India also will have more middle class people than the whole population of the US. Apple is no where in India, regardless if they are building a factory there. Apple, well Foxconn cause Apple dont make ****.. set up a factory in Brazil a few years ago to make iPhones. Brazil is an Android country with 85% market dominance.. oh and the factory has been closed. Wonder why?

Again Apple is making the smart move.

Apple is making a ****ing desperate move. They basically INVENTED the online services with iTunes, but because of their bundling stupidity, other companies took that idea and have passed them. Companies like Spotify, Netflix and so on. Apple is playing catch up and your denial just shows how brainwashed those guys on CNBC have made you. Is it a smart move? YEP!, but it is a late desperate move and the question is if it is a little too late.

And be thankful you haven't attacked a dozen other companies the media critics have kicked. You have no idea what you are dealing with.

Apple has the media in its pocket and has for years. The amount of crap Apple has pulled over the years without media criticism clearly shows this.. from the wireless mouse that cant be used while being recharged to ****ing up basic wifi systems on their computers to denying clear design flaws in their products.

And there are plenty of boneheaded companies out there that do stupid things. Microsoft and their stupid constant updates, to Amazon and their throwing tech out to see what sticks, to Disney who creates its own streaming service and so on.

You dont seem to understand that the Chinese middle class is larger than the whole American population. China matters for the future of any company of Apples size.

You just lost all and any credulity. The Chinese economic middle class, the equivalent of earnings and buying power of early 1940's American middle class is about 300 million, slightly less than the entire current American population. Facts are not your forte.

Apple has been "stumbling" for years in China then.

Apple entered the Chinese market during 2009, making China its second most important market. This latest announcement claims growth isn that market will be down 10% in the current quarter, on the tail of Samsung which announced a 30% shortfall for the same quarter with a much broader range pf products.

I know quite a bit about the Chinese and what they want. Back in the day they wanted big screens, and Apple refused to do so. Samsung provided that, and later on Xiaomi, ZTE, OPPO and Huawei came on the market and now dominate it totally. Where was Apple? On their "oh no larger than 5 inch" bull****. Then they finally caved and produced HUGE phones, with still small screens. Apple has never really been a major status symbol in China..if it was, then Apple would not be sucking on a 6.7% and dropping market share. Apple is a status symbol in the US, no doubt, but in China not so much. In India it is not at all, and the "symbol" is getting fainter and fainter world wide with every poor launch of inferior products from Apple.

You've demonstrated you know diddly.

LOL, more Apple PR bull****. How about you actually ask people in the Indian market why Apple sucks there? There is plenty of information online about it. And lets not forget, that soon, India also will have more middle class people than the whole population of the US. Apple is no where in India, regardless if they are building a factory there. Apple, well Foxconn cause Apple dont make ****.. set up a factory in Brazil a few years ago to make iPhones. Brazil is an Android country with 85% market dominance.. oh and the factory has been closed. Wonder why?

India is the second most protectionist market next to Brazil. Again you are out of your depth and basically FOS.

Apple is making a ****ing desperate move. They basically INVENTED the online services with iTunes, but because of their bundling stupidity, other companies took that idea and have passed them. Companies like Spotify, Netflix and so on. Apple is playing catch up and your denial just shows how brainwashed those guys on CNBC have made you. Is it a smart move? YEP!, but it is a late desperate move and the question is if it is a little too late.

You couldn't be more lame.

Apple has the media in its pocket and has for years. The amount of crap Apple has pulled over the years without media criticism clearly shows this.. from the wireless mouse that cant be used while being recharged to ****ing up basic wifi systems on their computers to denying clear design flaws in their products.

The tech media has always been anti Apple.

And there are plenty of boneheaded companies out there that do stupid things. Microsoft and their stupid constant updates, to Amazon and their throwing tech out to see what sticks, to Disney who creates its own streaming service and so on.

Where is that multibillion dollar company you run?

If we cant fight Chinas unfair trade practices without hurting the global economy, when can we fight them? Never?

Exactly. I suppose unfair trade policies by China toward American exports is OK as long as it doesn't hurt, for example, Apple's share hold.

You just lost all and any credulity. The Chinese economic middle class, the equivalent of earnings and buying power of early 1940's American middle class is about 300 million, slightly less than the entire current American population. Facts are not your forte.

Eh? What alternative reality do you live in?

First off the US population is 330 million.

Secondly according to the latest numbers, China's middle class is 430 million.

Thirdly you do not take into account the price differences and cost of living in your warped world view. Yes the middle class in China don't earn the same as the middle class in the US...but they also don't have the same high cost of living. Chinese middle class can easily afford expensive iPhone but choose instead to buy slightly less expensive Oppo or Vivo phones.

India is the second most protectionist market next to Brazil. Again you are out of your depth and basically FOS.

And yet the Chinese and Korean brands are kicking Apples ass in India..are you claiming that India specifically are targeting Apple? And protectionism only works if you have locally produced goods...do you know of any Indian or Brazilian smartphones?

The tech media has always been anti Apple.

And here you prove how little you know or how blind you are. Tech sites like CNET and the Verge are called iCNET and iVerge because of their pro Apple stance. CNET openly promotes Apple products for free and attacks competitors. Media downplay problems with Apple products out of fear of losing access to Apple events. This has been going on for years.

Frankly, I don't see why Apple's financial affairs are of any consequence whatsoever in an "Economics" Debate Forum.

Because the OP tried to link Apples problems with the Trump tariff war...which is idiotic since no tariffs are applied in China to goods made in China like the iPhone.

And here you prove how little you know or how blind you are. Tech sites like CNET and the Verge are called iCNET and iVerge because of their pro Apple stance. CNET openly promotes Apple products for free and attacks competitors. Media downplay problems with Apple products out of fear of losing access to Apple events. This has been going on for years.

Keep me laughing. China claims a middle class of 430 million including it forced labor battalions and military. No one else but you thinks those #'s fly.

Technology not made in Brazil cannot be sold in Brazil, law for 60 years. No music CDs until 2001 when the first plant opened, other than bootleg. Not much different for any digital media. India has a similar policy with allowances. Just like Malaysia and Indonesia, huge markets barely tapped by anyone because of fiscal limitation and religious limitations, we

You are just FOS. When you show me your multimillion $ company doing anything I might give some credence, but you can't. During the next few weeks I get a new pacemaker, and a nice fat dividend check from Apple at .72 per share. That's more than a $100k for me to play with, and by May, the dividend will be .8, yup crash and burn. You know better than anyone else. :rofl

And for your next comment, why don't you understand the effects of public relations when it comes to nationalistic marketing?...................

Keep me laughing. China claims a middle class of 430 million including it forced labor battalions and military. No one else but you thinks those #'s fly.

Technology not made in Brazil cannot be sold in Brazil, law for 60 years. No music CDs until 2001 when the first plant opened, other than bootleg. Not much different for any digital media. India has a similar policy with allowances. Just like Malaysia and Indonesia, huge markets barely tapped by anyone because of fiscal limitation and religious limitations, we

You are just FOS. When you show me your multimillion $ company doing anything I might give some credence, but you can't. During the next few weeks I get a new pacemaker, and a nice fat dividend check from Apple at .72 per share. That's more than a $100k for me to play with, and by May, the dividend will be .8, yup crash and burn. You know better than anyone else. :rofl

And for your next comment, why don't you understand the effects of public relations when it comes to nationalistic marketing?...................
So you do live in an alternative universe....ypu do understand that China has over 1.4 billion people right? Your views on China are so 1950s which explains you handle.

So you do live in an alternative universe....ypu do understand that China has over 1.4 billion people right? Your views on China are so 1950s which explains you handle.

Seems you found a 100 million that don't exist. Babble on.

In my world, estimate equals bankruptcy.

More important, this tangent has nothing to do with the op.

If it was not important, why did you bring it up?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-just-confirmed-stock-markets-225049102.html

The numbers do not lie. It will be a brutal day for the stock market on Thursday. Trump, this should be your wake up call. The "glitch" in December will continue on in 2019 if you don't wake up.

Why should the average American give a rat's ass about the global economy?

The American economy is doing great.

If anyone wants to cry about Wall Street, I've got a tiny violin around here somewhere...haven't used it in quite a while, but I think I can find it for you.

Why should the average American give a rat's ass about the global economy?

The American economy is doing great.

If anyone wants to cry about Wall Street, I've got a tiny violin around here somewhere...haven't used it in quite a while, but I think I can find it for you.

Because the American economy does not exist in a vacuum.

Because the American economy does not exist in a vacuum.

That's correct.

It doesn't depend on Wall Street and the global economy, either...at least, not anymore.

That's correct.

It doesn't depend on Wall Street and the global economy, either...at least, not anymore.

That is not the right conclusion at all.

Wall Street is most certainly part of the economy, it is a basis for investment meaning investor sentiment and outlook on the economy. The basis for evaluation of corporate value to commodities to debt are generally determined by Wall Street function, and as such is a key indication on the health of the economy.

Also, the American economy is dependent on the global economy as we are an active participant in that. Our imports and exports, many business models, our Dollar, even our debt both public and private all have ties to international markets.

As I said, our economy does not exist in a vacuum and in some regards large segments of our economy are in fact dependent on other markets and economies.

That is not the right conclusion at all.

Wall Street is most certainly part of the economy, it is a basis for investment meaning investor sentiment and outlook on the economy. The basis for evaluation of corporate value to commodities to debt are generally determined by Wall Street function, and as such is a key indication on the health of the economy.

Also, the American economy is dependent on the global economy as we are an active participant in that. Our imports and exports, many business models, our Dollar, even our debt both public and private all have ties to international markets.

As I said, our economy does not exist in a vacuum and in some regards large segments of our economy are in fact dependent on other markets and economies.

Nonsense.

Wall Street is the speculators. The people with their computer programs. The people who make their money by betting on which way stocks will go. It has nothing to do with the "health of the economy". And the people who invest in the economy don't make those kinds of bets. They actually look at the economy to decide whether to invest or not.

Now...there are investors who are more concerned with the global economy than the US economy. Well, if they lose money because other countries are screwing up...too bad. That's their risk. But their loss won't stop the US economy from improving.

Yes, we are an active participant in the global economy and we are affected by the health of it...but we are not dependent upon it. At least, not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom