• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple getting desperate?

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
First off.. Apple has some amazing overpriced products and ideas there is no doubt about that.. but since the whole Iphone 4 antenna gate scandal, Apple and Steve Jobs have been attacking its competitors often with false information... the latest whopper...

Apple claims 50 percent of portable gaming market, iPod touch 'outsells Nintendo and Sony combined' -- Engadget

Er no Mr. Jobs, you dont outsell your competitors on that point.. Your own sales numbers and that of your competitors prove that.

And then there is this semi whopper yet to be proved.

Jobs suggests that competitors' device activation tallies may be inflated, Google quickly responds -- Engadget

Now considering that independent analyst's have said that Google's android has surged by 800+% last year alone and Apples market share has fallen, then the above comments dont pass the smell test Mr. Jobs.

Android sales surge, surpass iPhone (Updated) | ZDNet

Maybe Mr. Jobs is worried that his phone product is being wtfpawned by Google in just a year?

And today Samsung launched their new toy

Samsung Galaxy Tab preview -- Engadget

Smaller than the Ipad, but unlike the Ipad it has a camera and phone options... go figure. Wonder what the price is going to be..

Ya apple has always been crazy, but can someone fill me in on "antenna-gate" that just sounds too ridiculous to be true.

Ya apple has always been crazy, but can someone fill me in on "antenna-gate" that just sounds too ridiculous to be true.

They sent out their new Iphone 4 with an obvious fault that under certain circumstances (especially for lefties) meant that you lost most if not all signal strength. They were forced to admit it after denying it and have been giving free rubber casings out with IPhones to fix the problem.

They sent out their new Iphone 4 with an obvious fault that under certain circumstances (especially for lefties) meant that you lost most if not all signal strength. They were forced to admit it after denying it and have been giving free rubber casings out with IPhones to fix the problem.

Well they are bigger than microsoft now, they ARE the man. But i've never used an iphone, in fact i've been using the same phone for 8 years, so I know nothing about personal pocket electronics.

iPhone4 works great in Japan. I don't think it's Apple. Its the fault of service providers IMHO.

Yes. Apple with their $40 billion of cash just sitting in the bank and a bigger market cap than Microsoft are simply terrified of their competitors

Well they are bigger than microsoft now, they ARE the man. But i've never used an iphone, in fact i've been using the same phone for 8 years, so I know nothing about personal pocket electronics.

Only in market value.. in reality, Apple is small and could easily be squashed if someone wanted to do it. They are already loosing to Google in the smart phone market and that is only a year after Google started. The only thing they have going for them if you ask me is the Itunes/Istore system, but even that is under threat constantly from competition and legislation. So as long as they have such a faithful fan scar as they have, then.. but if that starts to drip away, then...

Add to that, their whole idea of thinking has not changed since the first Apple machine pretty much, which doomed the company early on against IBM and Mircosoft.

Last edited:

Jobs: What kindof ****ing idiot doesnt have a case for their iphone?

easiest workaround ever, rly.
Not much of a scandal. They likely didn't care. And nor do iphone users

Also, apple doesnt market their software to other phone producers, android does. Thus, OS market share doesnt mean squat when apples OS is limited to its own hardware. If apple wanted to compete for market share in phone OS's... oh wait it doesnt, thats why its OS is better.

People were loving hating apple for losing, now they love hating it for winning.

Harrumph >:C

Last edited:
Apple is overpriced PCs with their operating system on it. And their OS is made for morons that dont know jack about computers. Its the choice for uneducated suckers. Anyone that buys their overpriced crap is a SUCKER.

Apple is overpriced PCs with their operating system on it. And their OS is made for morons that dont know jack about computers. Its the choice for uneducated suckers. Anyone that buys their overpriced crap is a SUCKER.

Having both owned Microsoft and Apple computers I must say I prefer apple. It never crashes, never gives me errors, and hardly gives me trouble. I've had my macbook for almost 3 years and it still works great (and it has had a lot of use and wear). My friends have apple computers that are probably almost 10 years old, they still use them and they still function properly efficiently.

Yes. Apple with their $40 billion of cash just sitting in the bank and a bigger market cap than Microsoft are simply terrified of their competitors

This. I can't stand Apple, but I have to admit that they're massively successful. I would love to see them fail utterly, but that's never going to happen.

Having both owned Microsoft and Apple computers I must say I prefer apple. It never crashes, never gives me errors, and hardly gives me trouble. I've had my macbook for almost 3 years and it still works great (and it has had a lot of use and wear). My friends have apple computers that are probably almost 10 years old, they still use them and they still function properly efficiently.

Apple is a mostly US thing.. outside the US, Apple is very very small on computers. Ipod and Iphone are way bigger.

As for reliability...I have not had my windows PC crash in years and I have far more choice on programs than I will ever have on Mac. Add to that games.. and well .. Apple computers is for niche market that will not grow any time soon.

1L8ea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom