• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple CEO Tim Cook 'Secretly' Signed $275 Billion Deal With China in 2016

If you want to go there, sure, but that has nothing to do with my earlier post.

Correct, the government sets the rules for their economy and if the rules are set a certain way, its generally seen as a capitalist economy. However, I was commenting about capitalists and not capitalism.

Blame Reagan, he started us down this road with his voodoo economics in the 80s. How things are today is certainly not my preference and I would rather, at least in the US, context go back to the stronger regulatory and more sensible taxation period we had before that.
You think like a serf.

Which is in keeping with the indoctrination of our government schools.

I was lucky, I got kicked out of school at a young age, and educated myself. Didn't go to University until I was in my 30's - by then I could intellectually defend myself.

It was sad to see the radical, left-wing professors infecting the minds of the young kids. Those kids are now in their 40's and 50's.

It's no wonder the country is dying.

You think like a serf.

I was lucky, I got kicked out of school at a young age, and educated myself. Didn't go to University until I was in my 30's - by then I could intellectually defend myself.

It was sad to see the radical, left-wing professors infecting the minds of the young kids. Those kids are now in their 40's and 50's.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You think like a serf.

The paradigm you live in and are so afraid of doesn’t exist outside your own mind.

What the hell are you guys complaining about? A CEO of a company practiced capitalism for his company.

After we all found out about how you guys are not pro life, and you're not pro USA, and you're not pro democracy are we now going to find out you're not pro capitalism too?

That being your only takeaway, my simple answer is "yes."
Capitalism with a Communist regime, is his idea of a argument in support of capitalism by someone who likely isn't pro-capitalism.

enjoy your fantasy
The trick has always been to make the people content in their serfdom. We're there...

Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

- Samuel Adams

China is as capitalist as America. They're communist in name only.

Come on now it’s name says communist, that means it is communist

North Korea’s name says it is Democratic so it is Democratic

The trick has always been to make the people content in their serfdom. We're there...

Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

- Samuel Adams
"A witty saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

I lived and worked there for years. It's as capitalist as the west.
They do what they are allowed to do by the state.

They do what they are allowed to do by the state.

The Chinese will set up a stall on the street at night to sell goods without a permit or formal approval by the state. No health permit from the government as well. Can you do that in the US without getting busted by the local police department?

The elderly will set up vegetable and fruit stands to sell on weekends that they bought from local farms. It is not set up at a farmers market and no permits, can it be done in the US?

Unless it's true ;)
Incorrect, it still proves nothing, its just an idea may be true or not on its own.

I don't think there are any serious disciplines that use witty sayings as research tools, beyond perhaps saying that this person or this culture had this attitude about this topic.

Incorrect, it still proves nothing, its just an idea may be true or not on its own.

I don't think there are any serious disciplines that use witty sayings as research tools, beyond perhaps saying that this person or this culture had this attitude about this topic.
Oy vey, lol...

The Revolutionary War was fought over much less than what you accept as business as usual.

China is a brutal authoritarian system. The chinese companies that interact with the world are still controlled by government.

Foreign companies that operate in China do so only because they pay the appropriate officials, but still make out because labor costs are so low.

That is not capitalism - they people living and working in China are not free. They have no rights.

You may want to quibble about what constitutes "slave labor", but the workers involved in producing the products you claim fall under capitalism are not free.

If you don't like the term "slave labor" maybe "serf labor" is a more appropriate term.

Oy vey, lol...

The Revolutionary War was fought over much less than what you accept as business as usual.
Incorrect, almost nobody supports monarchy in the US.
China is a brutal authoritarian system. The chinese companies that interact with the world are still controlled by government.
Correct
Foreign companies that operate in China do so only because they pay the appropriate officials, but still make out because labor costs are so low.
Correct
That is not capitalism - they people living and working in China are not free. They have no rights.
Incorrect, capitalism has pretty much nothing to do with political rights of individuals. They are disconnected concepts.
You may want to quibble about what constitutes "slave labor", but the workers involved in producing the products you claim fall under capitalism are not free.
The definition of slave labor is clear and in the case of China, the Uighur largely population falls under that, for example. Most Chinese citizens do not fall under that definition though as they are free to switch jobs.
If you don't like the term "slave labor" maybe "serf labor" is a more appropriate term.
The term slave labor and serfdom are fine when used accurately. In the case of the US, aside from certain criminal operations, there is no slave labor and there is no serfdom as people are not legally bound to a parcel of property. Historically, in the US, the most common type of forced labor, outside of enslaving black people was debt bondage which persisted into the 1970s in Appalachia with company towns and company scrip - which was a capitalistic innovation.

Last edited:
Oy vey, lol...

Chinese workers are free to quit their jobs and find new ones.

Labor costs in China are no longer the lowest, wages in the east are getting higher than Mexico, which is why China is installing industrial robots at a higher pace than any other country

Chinese workers are free to quit their jobs and find new ones.

Labor costs in China are no longer the lowest, wages in the east are getting higher than Mexico, which is why China is installing industrial robots at a higher pace than any other country
No they're not...

They can only do anything with the consent of the government. If they can quit, it's only because the government allows them to.

That's a far cry from "freedom"!!

Seriously, you guys do not think like free men.

No they're not...

They can only do anything with the consent of the government. If they can quit, it's only because the government allows them to.

That's a far cry from "freedom"!!

Seriously, you guys do not think like free men.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I know people who live in China and have lived in China ( Chinese citizens). They have quit jobs started new ones. A lot have second jobs that they start and own the business.

The government is not forcing people to work any specific or any job in particular ( except for those who are in the military of course)

One person I know second hand drives a bus for the city, as a second job he bought a minibus to drive people from villages to the main city. A privately owned business and job. He can quit either tomorrow and find other work if he wanted.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I know people who live in China and have lived in China ( Chinese citizens). They have quit jobs started new ones. A lot have second jobs that they start and own the business.

The government is not forcing people to work any specific or any job in particular ( except for those who are in the military of course)

One person I know second hand drives a bus for the city, as a second job he bought a minibus to drive people from villages to the main city. A privately owned business and job. He can quit either tomorrow and find other work if he wanted.
Oy vey...

Reading comprehensive much??

They can do anything they want - unless the government says they can or can't. That's the problem.

Beyond that, the government lies about everything - it's expected.

If you think communism and living in an authoritarian state is somehow akin to living in a free republic, you're out of your mind.

Sadly, America is moving toward an authoritarian model. I'm sure you don't see it though.

Back
Top Bottom