• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple CEO Tim Cook 'Secretly' Signed $275 Billion Deal With China in 2016

is that like capitalism?
It’s certainly globalism. We need nationalist capitalism. Francoist Spain provides a good example for how to manage the economy

Not really a good look for Apple, but also not tremendously surprising. It's clear where the bread is buttered these days.

Awesome Deal Cook Dude !
Should mean a lot more fentanyl for us U.S. losers

'We Are Shipping To The U.S.': Inside China's Online Synthetic Drug Networks​

November 17, 20205:03 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition
fentnyal.jpg

Not really a good look for Apple, but also not tremendously surprising. It's clear where the bread is buttered these days.

Their existing facilities in China require suicide nets. It's not like Apple has ethical concerns of any kind.

It’s certainly globalism. We need nationalist capitalism. Francoist Spain provides a good example for how to manage the economy

Let us know how that works out, okay?

lol

is that like capitalism?
eh...government contracts and assistance being put aside, I don't think it's capitalistic for a businessman to sell a mob the rope they'll hang him with, because at the end of the day, it's never profitable.

unfortunately, some people get so disconnected from reality that they forget that.

Businesses are going to go where the money is. Ideological or moral concerns tend to be at the bottom of the list.
Which is fine, but the problem for companies like Apple, and their progressive woke mentality; doesn't getting that far into bed with a nation with some of the worst human rights abuses seem hypocritical?

Companies like Apple, Coca-Cola, The NBA all spout off at some U.S. State when a state enacts some legislation they think is non inclusive or whatever, and then go sign a nearly 300 BILLION dollar deal with a communist dictatorship that runs slave camps?

I don't think it's capitalistic for a businessman to sell a mob the rope they'll hang him with, because at the end of the day, it's never profitable.
that's one of the dumbest things i've ever read posted on this site and obviously from a person who isn't part of our business community.

capitalism doesn't require smart decisions or profits. hell, our country is littered with failed capitalists.

that's one of the dumbest things i've ever read posted on this site and obviously from a person who isn't part of our business community.

capitalism doesn't require smart decisions or profits. hell, our country is littered with failed capitalists.
then you must think adam smith is dumb as ****, because I sourced from him.

then you must think adam smith is dumb as ****, because I sourced from him.
so, you're going with the "you have to make good decisions to be a capitalist" while people practice capitalism?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

so, you're going with the "you have to make good decisions to be a capitalist" while people practice capitalism?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm going with adam smith, since he freaking created the idea(well, more like discovered).

now if you have questions about it, you can ask, and i'll answer you

Which is fine, but the problem for companies like Apple, and their progressive woke mentality; doesn't getting that far into bed with a nation with some of the worst human rights abuses seem hypocritical?

Companies like Apple, Coca-Cola, The NBA all spout off at some U.S. State when a state enacts some legislation they think is non inclusive or whatever, and then go sign a nearly 300 BILLION dollar deal with a communist dictatorship that runs slave camps?
Being “woke” is just another marketing strategy as well. In this case, it’s to attract technical talent.

Also that has nothing to do with china or communism.

Back
Top Bottom