• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appellate panel says 'don't ask, don't tell' should stay during appeal

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN) -- A federal appeals court sided with the government Monday, allowing the military to maintain its "don't ask, don't tell" policy during an appeal of a lower court ruling that the law barring openly gay and lesbian soldiers is unconstitutional.

IMHO, a very unusual decision coming out of the 9th Circus - LOL.

At this time, the military can still enforce DADT, while the case moves up, and eventually to the Supreme Court.

Article is here

The actual court order is here

My thoughts on this? The days of DADT are numbered, as they should be. Gays love America just as much as anyone else does, and if they want to display their patriotism by fighting for America, I will be the first to extend my hand (only for a handshake, of course :mrgreen:), and say "Thank you for your service".

IMHO, a very unusual decision coming out of the 9th Circus - LOL.

At this time, the military can still enforce DADT, while the case moves up, and eventually to the Supreme Court.

Article is here

The actual court order is here

My thoughts on this? The days of DADT are numbered, as they should be. Gays love America just as much as anyone else does, and if they want to display their patriotism by fighting for America, I will be the first to extend my hand (only for a handshake, of course :mrgreen:), and say "Thank you for your service".

I have no problem with gays in the military in a non combat role.

END DADT, i saw the abuse all throughout boorcamp. It's stupid, crazy, and not what the military is supposed to be for.

Is there any reason left to oppose repealing DADT?

Is there any reason left to oppose repealing DADT?
The only way I could buy being opposed to repealing DADT is if people wanted to "reform" it, to make it better that it is now, and change how it's to be enforced.

The only way I could buy being opposed to repealing DADT is if people wanted to "reform" it, to make it better that it is now, and change how it's to be enforced.

I suppose that will be the GOPs next tactic when the Pentagon study comes out.

I can already hear the pitch, "Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first biotic gay discrimination policy. DADT will be that policy. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster."

Back
Top Bottom