• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appeals court: Texas voter ID law violates Voting Rights Act

Ohhhh.,... so you were trying to use it as an insult, and it didn't work out like you planned.

That's adorable.

It didn't? It worked out just fine. It even provoked a Lib poster into a trollish tirade

Thats not difficult to do, but still its pretty funny.

Just pointing out the low IQ lemmings. You, obviously, side with them. Turds of a feather

Care to comment on the the Op ? Or is spamming internet forums the best you can do ?

remember how the media gets their money.. basicly by expanding liberalism but doing so destroys a nation long term

will america keep allowing that ?

Based on what evidence was the original law, found unconstitutional, made necessary? What more evidence is needed to strike down the Texas law than that the law had no constitutional basis nor evidentiary link?

You're supposed to be a citizen of the sate of Texas to vote. How can people prove who they are without a picture ID?

If liberals thought those who don't have an ID were Republican voters, you better believe they would be up in arms about this court's decision.

Well, it'll happen now. Count on it.

Elections will become solely about who can out-fraud the other. Our votes will be irrelevant.

You'll understand, of course, if I find your guarantees worthless.

A little embarrassed that you got schooled, Limbaugh lemming. Tuck your tail and run home now.

A grown man throwing a childish temper tantrum is whats embarrassing. Thinking youre impressing anyone but yourself, thats embarrassing

Trying to hide your inability to offer up a intelligent rebuttal with childish insults, thats embarrassing.

It didn't? It worked out just fine. It even provoked a Lib poster into a trollish tirade

Thats not difficult to do, but still its pretty funny.

Whatever you have to convince yourself of to maintain your safe-space fantasy.

B
A grown man throwing a childish temper tantrum is whats embarrassing. Thinking youre impressing anyone but yourself, thats embarrassing

Trying to hide your inability to offer up a intelligent rebuttal with childish insults, thats embarrassing.

No tantrum. Just pointing out your illiteracy. Tell me again, child, the name of the party that you effed up.

Cool.

Now 16-year-olds can vote. Now A.C.O.R.N. can load up busses in Tijuana and Juarez with new voters. I can now vote in every precinct in my city!

If you don't need an ID to vote, you shouldn't need an ID to do anything.

ACORN no longer exists and never did any of the things you mentioned while it did. Thanks for playing.

you have to present an id to do half the things you do in this country and anything that regards the state.
so I guess all those laws are discriminating as well.

I guess that means the next time a cop asks to see a license just tell him that him requiring me to show him an id is discrimination
according to this court ruling.

If you are driving you must show a DL. If you are walking, ask LEO "who wants to know?"

you have to present an id to do half the things you do in this country and anything that regards the state.
so I guess all those laws are discriminating as well.

I guess that means the next time a cop asks to see a license just tell him that him requiring me to show him an id is discrimination
according to this court ruling.

Hell, you have to have an ID to get a job.

I am happy to see that the 5th Circuit has just smacked Jim Crow right in the chops. Although the court cited racial discrimination as the reason to overturn the Texas law, this decision is also going to help senior citizens and students, by removing requirements which were determined to be burdensome, and thus violated Section 2 of the Civil Rights Law. However, the court determined that the Texas law was designed to keep as many black people from voting as possible.

Good for them.

Article is here.

Can we remove ID checks from everything else we do, it might burden someone, somewhere, somehow.

You're a dolt if you don't realize that within minutes of the SCOTUS decision on the Voting Rights Act, that southern states previously noted under that act, started changing their voter laws. It's so transparent that even a double digit IQ like yours could see it.

Fun Fact, the Democrat Party filibustered the 1964 voting rights act, and was the Party that introduced the world to Jim Crow, and segregation. Now they're the party that's responsible for this.....
Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

And this.....
Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black | Intellectual Takeout

And this........
Census Bureau: California still has highest U.S. poverty rate | The Sacramento Bee

It's no wonder why the Obama DOJ and Liberals in general think the average American voter is too dumb to get a Photo ID...
Justice Department Expert Witness: Blacks 'Less Sophisticated Voters' - Breitbart

The States that enacted voter ID laws apparently have much more faith in the average Black voter than Obama's DOJ, the Democrat party and people like you.

Fun Fact, the Democrat Party filibustered the 1964 voting rights act, and was the Party that introduced the world to Jim Crow, and segregation. Now they're the party that's responsible for this.....
Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

And this.....
Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black | Intellectual Takeout

And this........
Census Bureau: California still has highest U.S. poverty rate | The Sacramento Bee

It's no wonder why the Obama DOJ and Liberals in general think the average American voter is too dumb to get a Photo ID...
Justice Department Expert Witness: Blacks 'Less Sophisticated Voters' - Breitbart

The States that enacted voter ID laws apparently have much more faith in the average Black voter than Obama's DOJ, the Democrat party and people like you.

Diversion is your friend. Intelligence is not.

At least try to get the name of the party right, lemming.

I am happy to see that the 5th Circuit has just smacked Jim Crow right in the chops. Although the court cited racial discrimination as the reason to overturn the Texas law, this decision is also going to help senior citizens and students, by removing requirements which were determined to be burdensome, and thus violated Section 2 of the Civil Rights Law. However, the court determined that the Texas law was designed to keep as many black people from voting as possible.

Good for them.

Article is here.

You don't think this wall cause the state to station cops at voting booths?

You don't think this wall cause the state to station cops at voting booths?

George Wallace tried that in Alabama to keep black people out of white schools. That didn't work out either. :mrgreen:

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066104951 said:
You're supposed to be a citizen of the sate of Texas to vote. How can people prove who they are without a picture ID?

If liberals thought those who don't have an ID were Republican voters, you better believe they would be up in arms about this court's decision.

Does a picture prove someone a citizen? Why not character statements on government record by citizen neighbors? I can see you are obviously in favor of government regulation of people's most significant activities that affect government itself. May I see your papers, please?

Does a picture prove someone a citizen? Why not character statements on government record by citizen neighbors? I can see you are obviously in favor of government regulation of people's most significant activities that affect government itself. May I see your papers, please?
There some things government should absolutely be involved in, and one of those things should be to verify the citizenship of everyone showing up to vote.

Do you support background checks on gun purchases?

I think there should be a voter ID system if only because I think its important that people have faith in the integrity of the electoral system regardless of how valid their concerns are (or aren't). However I think it is something which can only be implemented gradually and at the cost of the state. I think five or six years is a sufficient timeframe for ensuring that everyone has the requisite identification. If it can be done in most European countries I don't see why it cant be done here.

George Wallace tried that in Alabama to keep black people out of white schools. That didn't work out either. :mrgreen:

yea but he could still do it. i don't think there is anything racist about requiring an ID, especially with the ease it is to get one and I havent heard of black people running into racists trying to get an ID so, i just think people should learn to quit swinging the pendulum on this issue. if voter fraud is such a small issue for the dems, why oppose this so vigorously?

Back
Top Bottom