• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appalling lack of diversity on someUS olympic teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swimming
212bce115d51e158e038ca0648cb814e.jpg

Rowing
menseight_qualified_800x500.jpeg

Shooting
images

Women's Soccer
AP_748712901479-1024x681.jpg

Water Polo
us-mens-water-polo-ussmidway2-web.jpg

Why are we still fielding all-white teams in 2016?

Because Young Black Males are more interested in sports like Basketball and Football than water polo, field hockey and ping ping.

The Looney Left has a major problem in the fact the unlike in some other places in the world many Americans stick with the old timey belief that the person best able to do the job should get the job. We still believe many of us that merit is the most important thing. In places like Canada they are more interested in getting team pictures with the "right" genetic components to suit their appetites of the day.

And this is Canada's response to that assertion:
giphy.gif

It only says "progressive" because more accurate options(that I cannot list without incurring infraction) were not available.;)

Oh, I already described what it was.

So what? That certainly doesn't mean that progressives share his "mindset."

If you post something stupid, does that mean the "slightly conservative" mindset is all messed up?

Only if what I describe is accurate to the "slightly conservative" mindset. That's why there's a difference between "progressive" and "liberal" leans.

People of color have been marginalized and ostracized for many generations, and yet people still want to talk about meritocracy and just say "well, maybe the best people were all white!". I just don't get it.

Yea but its all women, there should be some men on the team or some transtesticles, ill bet they don't even have a transgender bathroom.

That is horrible!!!... but I will volunteer to be that male in order to balance out fairness.

People of color have been marginalized and ostracized for many generations, and yet people still want to talk about meritocracy and just say "well, maybe the best people were all white!". I just don't get it.

Because you don't get sports in general.

It's certainly more attractive than male soccer.

...and the women don't flop and cry about non-existent fouls.

Oh, I honestly thought this was a goof thread but you are serious. :lol:

He has pictures.... Isn't that enough?? What do you want - facts??

LOL yep
I'm weird like that, its a bad hait of mine wating people to back up thier claims with facts or at least sound logic ;)

Okay, so can i find any claim from anyone who shares your lean and assert that you share that exact same claim ??

Does your lean somehow say "progressive" now?

Or perhaps the US Olympic team could do more to recruit swimmers of color?

Whenever you see something where predominately white people have reached the top, the only conclusion you can really reach is that white privilege helped them get there?

Only if you are completely dishonest and biased. Ill ask you again do you have any factual proof of your asinine claims? :)

What ??? My lean doesn't matter, and neither does the OP's. The OP is not the ambassador of all progressives.

Nope, but that view tends to be representative of a large percentage thereof.

Whenever you see something where predominately white people have reached the top, the only conclusion you can really reach is that white privilege helped them get there?

May the best men or women win and let's applaud accomplishments by athletes, no matter their color.

How about reaching for the top, being the best you can be, training hard every day until you are good enough to make the team. Not everyone makes it...such is life.

The apparent lack of diversity is more than likely due to cultural differences, combined with the opportunity cost. There's no tradition in US black communities of horseriding, rowing, or even swimming. Most of the sports where whites tend to dominate involve expensive kit or training facilities.

It's hard enough to get black kids in my area to take up on the "First Tee" program. Free golf, practice balls, lessons, etc. etc. etc. I

Only if you are completely dishonest and biased. Ill ask you again do you have any factual proof of your asinine claims? :)

What do you mean ?

If there is racial disparity among some group, you think someone should prove, somehow, that racism is the cause before they can even ask the question without being harassed ??

Nope, but that view tends to be representative of a large percentage thereof.

Undemonstrated claim.

People use doubt in the favor of their own, personal narrative. This is why it's so important to stick to facts about reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom