• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

apologies to Southernman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I said something.

Southernman took it the wrong way.

I feel bad about that. So I apologize.

I said something.

You should PM him and talk it out.
The whole point of a public apology- ie, openly acknowledging culpability- is defeated when you continue to obliquely place all or part of the blame on the other party ("He took it the wrong way.")

It sounds like it was a personal disagreement with culpability on both sides, and such things are better kept in PM.
If someone posted a public apology such as yours to me, and said "1069 took it the wrong way", even while claiming to "feel bad about it"... it would just piss me off more.
Talk to him privately; you'll have a better chance of working out your differences, if in fact that's what you're interested in doing.

You should PM him and talk it out.
The whole point of a public apology- ie, openly acknowledging culpability- is defeated when you continue to obliquely place all or part of the blame on the other party ("He took it the wrong way.")

It sounds like it was a personal disagreement with culpability on both sides, and such things are better kept in PM.
If someone posted a public apology such as yours to me, and said "1069 took it the wrong way", even while claiming to "feel bad about it"... it would just piss me off more.
Talk to him privately; you'll have a better chance of working out your differences, if in fact that's what you're interested in doing.

He wanted some sort of overt action and if it makes him feel better, I am happy to oblige since I did create the mess. I personally do not feel that it was entirely my fault though. But I do feel bad that I went about things in such a way that he was able to misinterpret it. So I do honestly apologize for that.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. I've read enough of Southernman's posts to know that he doesn't need an apology -- he needs a solid two months of wedgies to toughen him up. I'll bet people take his stapler all the time.

I said something.

:applaud:applaud

As I said, I know you weren't being malicious, but SM hasn't been here long and and its a touchy sort of satire for many. Kudos for public apology.

Honor is satisfied; a duel will not be necessary. :mrgreen:

Honor is satisfied; a duel will not be necessary. :mrgreen:

How would one duel on the internet anyway? Would I have to challenge him in the arcade?

And to be honest Goshin, I am starting to feel malicious even if that was not my initial intention. This is just beginning to feel very stupid and babyish.

Last edited:
i am truly, truly sorry for what i did southernman, and i hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Pong at high noon... :x

tumbleweed.gif

Moderator's Warning:
Thread closed. The OP accomplished what he set out to do. Anything further could result in Vegas Rule issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom