• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apologies to Palin and Romney

CPAC straw poll results are nothing more than a snapshot of what party officials and insider loyalists think, not the opinions of conservative/Republican voters, and have a poor track record for forecasting who will be the Party nominee in the next election.

In fact, in 2016, Loser #45 came in 3rd place (15%), behind Rubio (30%), and Cruz (40%).

2024 is a long time away, politically, and Loser #45 still has a lot of investigations to deal with.

I don’t completely count out Loser #45 running/winning again, but recognize his chances slipping further and further with each new revelation and poll.
This is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if Trump is the nominee. The biggest Nazi in the GOP -- the one willing to say the craziest liberal-hating GQP shit -- will be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Every Republican in the House willing to stand up to the Trumpster side of the party will soon be gone. Only 10 Republicans in the House voted for his impeachment last year, for crying out loud.

If the Republicans are too spineless to abandon Trump after something as horrific as Jan 6, then they are NEVER going to abandon him or what he stands for.

You posted this --
Also agreed however, the winds are shifting. More and more traditional conservatives/Republicans are publicly breaking from Loser #45. e and more traditional conservatives/Republicans are publicly breaking from Loser #45. I believe the party is in the process of being recaptured by the real Republicans.
My above assertion is nowhere near as emphatic or immediate as you have repeatedly, falsely, claimed.
E46AD483-EAF0-4434-8833-40D84AD9C06E.jpeg

So yeah, you did say that. And you've got zero evidence to back that up.
At this point, I’m not sure whether you’re simply a terrible liar, or a really stupid, childish troll.

My above assertion is nowhere near as emphatic or immediate as you have repeatedly, falsely, claimed.
View attachment 67377553

At this point, I’m not sure whether you’re simply a terrible liar, or a really stupid, childish troll.

There is nothing significantly different between what you said and what I said.

You are now quibbling over words and trying to save face.

Regardless, the bigger point is that you are going to be proven wrong after the 2022 election. Actually, you've already been proven wrong -- your Republican Party is too spineless to stand up to the Trumpsters after 4 years of Trump's crimes and after Jan 6.

You don’t really think Palin’s comment demonstrated an understanding of geopolitics, do you?

\
More than this idiot, obviously.

In the third presidential debate between the two candidates in October 2012, Obama went directly after Romney for that remark. "When you were asked, 'What's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,' you said 'Russia.' Not al Qaeda; you said Russia," Obama said. "And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

b1-tuition-cap-gg.jpeg

More than this idiot, obviously.

In the third presidential debate between the two candidates in October 2012, Obama went directly after Romney for that remark. "When you were asked, 'What's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,' you said 'Russia.' Not al Qaeda; you said Russia," Obama said. "And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

View attachment 67377559
Romney did say that Putin/Russia were America’s greatest geopolitical threat (sort of), and then he backtracked, at least twice.

During a March, 2012 interview with Wolf Blitzer -

Romney; "I'm saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world's worst actors," Romney said. "Of course the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran, and a nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough. But when these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them ... who is it that always stands up with the world's worst actors? It's always Russia, typically with China alongside. And so in terms of a geopolitical foe, a nation that's on the Security Council that has the heft of the Security Council, and is of course is a massive nuclear power, Russia is the geopolitical foe."

In his next interview with Blitzer -

Romney; "There's no question but that in terms of geopolitics -- I’m talking about votes at the United Nations and actions of a geopolitical nature -- Russia is the No. 1 adversary in that regard. That doesn't make them an enemy. It doesn’t make them a combatant. They don't represent the No. 1 national security threat. The No. 1 national security threat, of course, to our nation is a nuclear Iran. Time continues to pass. They continue to move towards nuclearization. This is more and more disconcerting and dangerous to the world. But Russia -- particularly look at a place like Syria. Russia has supported the Assad regime even as it has been attacking its own people. Russia likewise has been slow to move to the kinds of sanctions that have been called for in Iran. Russia is a geopolitical adversary, but it's not an enemy with, you know, missiles being fired at one another or things of that nature."

Following Obama’s charge about Russia -

Romney; "I'll respond to a couple of things that you mentioned. First of all, Russia I indicated is a geopolitical foe. Not ... Excuse me. It's a geopolitical foe, and I said in the same -- in the same paragraph I said, and Iran is the greatest national security threat we face. Russia does continue to battle us in the U.N. time and time again. I have clear eyes on this.

“Clear eyes”, maybe. Definitely not a clear position. ;)

verb (used with object), re·fu·di·at·ed, re·fu·di·at·ing.Nonstandard.
to reject as untrue or refuse to acknowledge.

View attachment 67377545
LOL. Dictionary.com isn't a real dictionary. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself by doubling down.

“When you consider even national-security issues with Russia, as [Prime Minister Vladimir] Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where — where do they go? It’s Alaska,” the Republican vice-presidential nominee said in an interview last week with CBS News’ Katie Couric.

Klattu to tres berrcahos....

View attachment 67377547

nyuk nyuk nyuk
She was just saying that alaska's closeness to russia gives her foreign policy experience. She was not saying russia was a threat.

Yup.

Sarah was talking about the fact that on a clear day one can see the Russian coast from one of the extremely distant Aleutian Islands of Alaska as if that made her, as Governor of Alaska, somehow versed in foreign policy.

Oh, one of my other favorite Palin-Speaks, one that so many on the Right considered an evil "gotcha" question was when Sarah was asked about what news sources she read to keep up with events and she was not able to name a single one so she said "Um, all of them..."

See I was still a Registered Republican at that time and if not particularly ecstatic about my Party I still voted for the McCain/Palin ticket.

But I remember the (figurative) lamenting, the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments by my fellow Republicans over the Katie Couric interview with Sarah Palin and how the visceral anger oozed out at Couric and all media onto other political forums I was on at the time.

Also I remember how I was turned on by fellow Republicans when I didn't share the hate and anger or believe that line of questioning by Couric was some intentionally evil game to get Sarah isn some "gotcha" moment. That whole "gotcha" meme was so over used by my fellow R-wingers in that time period it was insane. It was almost like a mass paranoia of thinking.

Sorry. I sort of rambled on there.
Another strike against Palin was the fact that she fought those experts who desperately tried to get her to a level of competence. She was so far behind the curve and so resistant to their efforts they could do nothing to improve her image on the campaign trail.

As I said before, she was an epic mistake by any metric.

CPAC straw poll results are nothing more than a snapshot of what party officials and insider loyalists think, not the opinions of conservative/Republican voters, and have a poor track record for forecasting who will be the Party nominee in the next election.

In fact, in 2016, Loser #45 came in 3rd place (15%), behind Rubio (30%), and Cruz (40%).

2024 is a long time away, politically, and Loser #45 still has a lot of investigations to deal with.

I don’t completely count out Loser #45 running/winning again, but recognize his chances slipping further and further with each new revelation and poll.

You do realize that DeSantis, the #2 pick, is a politician created in the same mold as Trump right? Even if you get rid of Trump...his brand of politics defines the GOP today, in fact it was there before his rise.

"Traditional conservatives" don't exist much anymore, it's all about owning the libs, and Trump and other politicians in his mold perfectly define that.

You do realize that DeSantis, the #2 pick, is a politician created in the same mold as Trump right?
I do. My point is that CPAC annual straw polls are not a good indicator of who will ultimately be the GOP’s nominee.

From the PAC’s inception in 1974 through 2020, only 5 of 23 straw poll winners were ultimately nominated by the GOP.
Even if you get rid of Trump...his brand of politics defines the GOP today, in fact it was there before his rise.
Agree however, nowhere near as widely accepted or approved of by the majority of the GOP.

Trump, nearly single-handedly flipped the GOP narrative, banishing traditional Republicans to the fringe, and mainstreaming the crazys.
"Traditional conservatives" don't exist much anymore,
At least not in party leadership roles, where they are most needed.
it's all about owning the libs, and Trump and other politicians in his mold perfectly define that.
Agree.

I do. My point is that CPAC annual straw polls are not a good indicator of who will ultimately be the GOP’s nominee.

From the PAC’s inception in 1974 through 2020, only 5 of 23 straw poll winners were ultimately nominated by the GOP.

Agree however, nowhere near as widely accepted or approved of by the majority of the GOP.

Trump, nearly single-handedly flipped the GOP narrative, banishing traditional Republicans to the fringe, and mainstreaming the crazys.

At least not in party leadership roles, where they are most needed.

Agree.

You're correct in your assertion that since Trump it's gotten even worse...or rather more mainstream among Republicans. But the seed was planted years ago. Everything ranging from Nixon's southern strategy, to Gingrich and his goons deciding to paint Democrats as "enemies" instead of merely people with differing political opinions, to Limbaugh and right wing media calling the Clinton's murderers, to Sarah Palin, to Obama's election and the rise of birtherism...which Trump became the "leader" of. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better, in fact it's getting worse. I live in Florida, which sadly to say is MAGA central at this point...and if you witness the amount of worship these people have for Trump (and now DeSantis), you'll understand that the Romney, Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, "country club" moderate Republican types are likely NEVER going to be able to take ahold of the GOP again...and if they do it will be many years from now. Heck, even Romney himself had to pretend to be a "severe conservative" in the GOP primaries back in 2012, and specifically seek out Trump the birther's endorsement, just to stay in the good graces of GOP voters. Again, the seed was planted many years ago.

Interesting times we live in. From every poll I've seen, not just CPAC, Trump leads the polls by massive margins, and DeSantis is second. I doubt that changes much from now until 2024. GOP voters want Trump, or someone in the same mold as Trump.

“When you consider even national-security issues with Russia, as [Prime Minister Vladimir] Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where — where do they go? It’s Alaska,” the Republican vice-presidential nominee said in an interview last week with CBS News’ Katie Couric.

Klattu to tres berrcahos....

View attachment 67377547

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Can you borrow the translator from Svetlana so we know what a "berrcahos" is?

Want to keep doubling down on the stupid I see.

Read, and learn.

The spokeswoman for the McCain-Palin campaign, Maria Comella, said in an e-mail trying to clarify Palin’s comments that when “Russian incursions near Alaskan airspace and inside the air-defense identification zone have occurred … U.S. Air Force fighters have been scrambled repeatedly.”

However, no Russian military planes have been flying into that zone, said Maj. Allen Herritage, a spokesman for the Alaska region of the North American Aerospace Defense Command, at Elmendorf Air Force Base near Anchorage.

“To be very clear, there has not been any incursion in U.S. airspace in recent years,” Herritage said.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...erview-officials-say-theres-no-russia-threat/

Not only did Mrs. Palin never say Russia is a threat, so did Major Herritage, who was in charge of the airspace.

You really need to fail less, if that's even possible.

“To be very clear, there has not been any incursion in U.S. airspace in recent years,” Herritage said.
They knew better. She was on to them .

Don't forget. She also said rising prices were due to greed!
Guess she knew what she was talking about since she lived the greed part when she resigned her governorship in order to make more money.

Guess she knew what she was talking about since she lived the greed part when she resigned her governorship in order to make more money.
good move!

i know the joke. Most liberals don't.
she identified Putin/Russia as threat. People like you mocked her.
She who laughs last laughs loudest,

They lost 7,000+ soldiers in a month. I think Ukraine is getting the last laugh (for now).

Remember when Palin and Romney warned about the Russian threat ? when the smug know it all liberals mocked them?
I do.
Believe it or not- most dumass liberals STILL believe Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house!
Guess they are owed an aplogy.
Uh oh! Someone just got done listening to hate radio! Good morning to you!

Uh oh! Someone just got done listening to hate radio! Good morning to you!
"Hate radio". You XIS ( I was going to say guys, but now I is #WOKE!!) just LERVE your cliches don't you. LAFFRIOT!!!

Back
Top Bottom