• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apologies to Palin and Romney

Remember when Palin and Romney warned about the Russian threat ? when the smug know it all liberals mocked them?
I do.
Believe it or not- most dumass liberals STILL believe Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house!
Guess they are owed an aplogy.
Please provide specific quotes of both Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney about the specific Russian threats they identified with some specific quotes of "smug know it all Liberals" mocking those quotes please?

Because I have slept since way back when and I have no clue what you are posting about?

Frankly I would easily believe if not all at least most "dumass" Liberals still believe Sarah "All of them" Palin said she could see Russia from her house. That is easy to believe since "dumass Liberals" are more rare than hens teeth but those that exist certainly are dumasses.

I am certain all the Liberals I know personally never believed Sarah said that she could see Russia from here house, I know this because we discussed what she really said and how it was turned into an SNL meme.

Romney owes a ton of American workers an apology for putting them out of a job by way of the Leveraged Buyout Scam......yet he made big dollars doing it.

Palin fell in love with the spotlight. Never thought she would do well as a peoples representative.

What exactly did she call? Still waiting for you to post it.

This thread was posted to troll, in a very weird way. You will not get a debate or coherent reply from the OP.

Really strange.

Please provide specific quotes of both Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney about the specific Russian threats they identified with some specific quotes of "smug know it all Liberals" mocking those quotes please?

Because I have slept since way back when and I have no clue what you are posting about?

Frankly I would easily believe if not all at least most "dumass" Liberals still believe Sarah "All of them" Palin said she could see Russia from her house. That is easy to believe since "dumass Liberals" are more rare than hens teeth but those that exist certainly are dumasses.

I am certain all the Liberals I know personally never believed Sarah said that she could see Russia from here house, I know this because we discussed what she really said and how it was turned into an SNL meme.

She said Alaska kept an eye on Russia which was ridiculous as stated so the SNL skit was exaggeration but not false.
That is what made it funny. The exaggeration made clear how ignorant she was, is.

Yeah, trust me....I know you've got nothing. Especially if you thought McCain was a better choice than Obama, even before Palin.

You know I'll chew you up and spit you out in a debate. What a lightweight.
The only thing you can beat me at is screeching incoherently about the devil Republican Party. Your threads/posts are 90% hyperbole.

You bore me.

The only thing you can beat me at is screeching incoherently about the devil Republican Party. Your threads/posts are 90% hyperbole.

You bore me.

Explain how your Republican Party is going to miraculously reform itself after the 2022 election, when Cheney and Kinzinger are currently the only ones with the balls to criticize the insanity in the party? All those crazy ****s in the party are going to suddenly turn over a new leaf in 2023???

You're not capable of explaining yourself, so you insult me instead. Just a weak-ass little lightweight.

You've got nothing and I'm simply smarter than you and more knowledgeable than you. I was definitely smart enough to know that McCain was not a better choice than Obama.

Last edited:
Explain how your Republican Party is going to miraculously reform itself after the 2022 election, when Cheney and Kinzinger are currently the only ones with the balls to criticize the insanity in the party? All those crazy ****s in the party are going to suddenly turn over a new leaf in 2023???

You're not capable of explaining yourself, so you insult me instead. Just a weak-ass little lightweight.

You've got nothing and I'm simply smarter than you and I know more than you. I was definitely smart enough to know that McCain was not a better choice than Obama.
Proving my point.

* That you feel the need to repeatedly claim superior intelligence disproves your assertion.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is hardly a threat to the United States.

Putin’s attack/invasion of Ukraine is an assault on democracy. No country has a right to take another country for no other reason than because they want to.

Every democratic country has a duty to stand with Ukraine.

You are right, if you just single out the USA, but seeing as how just today Putin ordered his nuclear arsenal forces on stand-by I would say it is a threat to the world. There are no winners when nukes come into play.

Proving my point.

* That you feel the need to repeatedly claim superior intelligence disproves your assertion.
The only thing you proved is that you can't explain your positions. You just post a bunch of empty boring platitudes, no intellect or rationale behind any of it.

You can't answer my question, so you've obviously conceded that you can't explain your position.

Putin’s attack/invasion of Ukraine is an assault on democracy. No country has a right to take another country for no other reason than because they want to.

Every democratic country has a duty to stand with Ukraine.
True.

But that wasn't what Romney.

The only thing you proved is that you can't explain your positions. You just post a bunch of empty boring platitudes, no intellect or rationale behind any of it.

You can't answer my question, so you've obviously conceded that you can't explain your position.

The above isn’t a question. It’s childish taunting/lying, and deliberately ignorant hyper partisan ranting.

I’m not a Republican, and I never made any assertion that the Republican Party would “miraculously reform itself after the 2022 election”, or anything remotely similar.

Grow up, @RIP U.S. Democracy.

Did Sarah Palin read a book yet?
Hey, it's fine to make fun of Palin if you like. However if you are going to do that and portray her as stupid, then don't make Kamala Harris VP. She's clearly the worst VP in history. She was not ever pulling 2% of her own party voters. Have you listened to her speak on any topic? It's completely moronic.

Romney owes a ton of American workers an apology for putting them out of a job by way of the Leveraged Buyout Scam......yet he made big dollars doing it.

Palin fell in love with the spotlight. Never thought she would do well as a peoples representative.
He’s put a lot of people in jobs as well. I was a member of management at Staples and was around in the Bain days. They would not exist today without Bain and there are many others.

The above isn’t a question. It’s childish taunting/lying, and deliberately ignorant hyper partisan ranting.
Wrong. It was a legitimate question that you refuse to answer -- You can't explain how all of these Republicans are suddenly going to turn over a new leaf in 2023, when Cheney and Kinzinger are the only House members with the courage to criticize the current insanity in the party.

That is not "hyper partisan ranting". That is a fact.

Your "hope" for a better outcome in 2023 for the Republican Party is not rational thinking under the current circumstances. If they haven't reformed themselves after 4 years of Trump and after Jan 6, then they are not going to start now.

Because you can't answer this question, you want to be dismissive and smug instead.

Believe it or not- most dumass liberals STILL believe Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house!
Believe it or not - most dumass conservatives STILL believe Al Gore said he invented the Internet.
Guess he is owed an apology.

Sarah Palin was not only a political novice, but a complete bubblehead to boot! The ONLY reason she was on McCain's ticket was to take the wind out of Obama's sails when he announced Hillary as his running mate. If they had bothered to vett Palin, they would have realized she was a disastrous choice. The problem was Obama chose Biden as his running mate and then McCain was stuck with a political moron.

Palin was answering the question "What relevant experience do you have in foreign policy?" She replied that because she was the governor of a state that borders Russia, that was relevant in foreign affairs.

Maybe you agree with Palin. Most people don't. Most think it was just one of many incredibly stupid things she said during and since that campaign.

Agreed.

Also agreed however, the winds are shifting. More and more traditional conservatives/Republicans are publicly breaking from Loser #45. I believe the party is in the process of being recaptured by the real Republicans.
Then how do you explain how Trump beat the second place candidate by double digits at the latest poll taken at CPAC?

Then how do you explain how Trump beat the second place candidate by double digits at the latest poll taken at CPAC?
CPAC straw poll results are nothing more than a snapshot of what party officials and insider loyalists think, not the opinions of conservative/Republican voters, and have a poor track record for forecasting who will be the Party nominee in the next election.

In fact, in 2016, Loser #45 came in 3rd place (15%), behind Rubio (30%), and Cruz (40%).

2024 is a long time away, politically, and Loser #45 still has a lot of investigations to deal with.

I don’t completely count out Loser #45 running/winning again, but recognize his chances slipping further and further with each new revelation and poll.

Last edited:
CPAC straw poll results are nothing more than a snapshot of what party officials and insider loyalists think, not the opinions of conservative/Republican voters, and have been a poor indicator in forecasting who will be the Party nominee in the next election.

In fact, in 2016, Loser #45 came in 3rd place (15%), behind Rubio (30%), and Cruz (40%).

2024 is a long time away, politically, and Loser #45 still has a lot of investigations to deal with.

I don’t completely count out Loser #45 running/winning again, but recognize his chances slipping further and further with each new revelation and poll.
The GOP midterm primaries are not so far off. It will be interesting to see how many Trump loyalists become GOP nominees. That, I believe, will be a better indicator of Trump's hold on the party.

I also believe that Trumpists control the GOP primaries, and Republican voters will vote for the GOP nominee in the general election, regardless of who it is.

i know the joke. Most liberals don't.
she identified Putin/Russia as threat. People like you mocked her.
She who laughs last laughs loudest,

Can you link to her identifying Putin and Russia as a "threat"? I voted for her in 2008 and don't remember her doing that.

Wrong. It was a legitimate question that you refuse to answer -- You can't explain how all of these Republicans are suddenly going to turn over a new leaf in 2023, when Cheney and Kinzinger are the only House members with the courage to criticize the current insanity in the party.
I never made any such claim. Nowhere close, even.
That is not "hyper partisan ranting". That is a fact.
Nothing you’ve said above is “a fact”, and I challenge you to prove otherwise with objective facts. Not more of your usual fact free, hyperbolic ranting.

Believe it or not - most dumass conservatives STILL believe Al Gore said he invented the Internet.
Guess he is owed an apology.

Sarah Palin was not only a political novice, but a complete bubblehead to boot! The ONLY reason she was on McCain's ticket was to take the wind out of Obama's sails when he announced Hillary as his running mate. If they had bothered to vett Palin, they would have realized she was a disastrous choice. The problem was Obama chose Biden as his running mate and then McCain was stuck with a political moron.

Palin was answering the question "What relevant experience do you have in foreign policy?" She replied that because she was the governor of a state that borders Russia, that was relevant in foreign affairs.

Maybe you agree with Palin. Most people don't. Most think it was just one of many incredibly stupid things she said during and since that campaign.
Yup.

Sarah was talking about the fact that on a clear day one can see the Russian coast from one of the extremely distant Aleutian Islands of Alaska as if that made her, as Governor of Alaska, somehow versed in foreign policy.

Oh, one of my other favorite Palin-Speaks, one that so many on the Right considered an evil "gotcha" question was when Sarah was asked about what news sources she read to keep up with events and she was not able to name a single one so she said "Um, all of them..."

See I was still a Registered Republican at that time and if not particularly ecstatic about my Party I still voted for the McCain/Palin ticket.

But I remember the (figurative) lamenting, the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments by my fellow Republicans over the Katie Couric interview with Sarah Palin and how the visceral anger oozed out at Couric and all media onto other political forums I was on at the time.

Also I remember how I was turned on by fellow Republicans when I didn't share the hate and anger or believe that line of questioning by Couric was some intentionally evil game to get Sarah isn some "gotcha" moment. That whole "gotcha" meme was so over used by my fellow R-wingers in that time period it was insane. It was almost like a mass paranoia of thinking.

Sorry. I sort of rambled on there.

Back
Top Bottom