• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

AP Still Referring to Zimmerman as 'White'

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

[h=2]From an article by the Associated Press, Monday evening, July 15, 2013 (emphasis added):[/h]
The interview came two days after the six-woman jury acquitted Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch activist, of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Martin was black, and Zimmerman was white. Zimmerman was not arrested for 44 days, and the delay in charging him led to protests from those who believed race was a factor in the handling of the case.​

OK, if Zimmerman is white, is Obama white, too?

What do Hispanics think of this?

One of the strangest things about this extradorinarily mixed-up event.

I think black is like gay in our society. A little bit is all you need--in for a penny in for a pound.

OK, if Zimmerman is white, is Obama white, too?

What do Hispanics think of this?

One of the strangest things about this extradorinarily mixed-up event.
[/INDENT]

I see 2 individuals. I see legal and illegal. I don't see black/white/brown

One was committing an unlawful act of assault and battery and the other was doing his *potted plant* yet legal act

I see 2 individuals. I see legal and illegal. I don't see black/white/brown

One was committing an unlawful act of assault and battery and the other was doing his *potted plant* yet legal act

That's what almost most everyone sees. But not race-baiting administration, media, Jesse, Al, and overwhelming percentage of black Americans.

And it's definitely gone too far. A lot of people are sick to their stomach over this false racial BS, and it's going to linger. Race relations are taking several steps backward here.

Are white and Hispanic mutually exclusive?

He should just be called George Zimmerman.

But if he's white, then white America just grew by several million people.

I'm of the mind Zimmerman can call him whatever he wants, and that the media is technically correct going "white hispanic". That said, I don't generally believe they're doing so to be "technically correct" and more so doing it becuase it generates controversy and thus helps them push the story to get the page views/ratings/buys/etc.

Race is often talked about in the scope of "If it had been a black man shooting a white kid, we'd never hear about it." However, in a similar fashion...had a "white" person of european ancestory shot George Zimmerman, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the media refer to him as "hispanic". Again, not because they'd be attempting to be "correct" in some technicality type of sense, but because that's what would be needed to help generate a story to a greater degree

It had nothing to do with race, yet now the right wing race baiting is in full force.

I'm sorry, if it wasn't racial, STFU about race. If it wasn't an issue then, it's not one now.

Besides, what's so bad about Zimmerman being white? He didn't do anything wrong, did he?

It had nothing to do with race, yet now the right wing race baiting is in full force.

I'm sorry, if it wasn't racial, STFU about race. If it wasn't an issue then, it's not one now.

Besides, what's so bad about Zimmerman being white? He didn't do anything wrong, did he?

The issue itself isn't about race, it's about self defense and a man shooting a teenager, that is what was brought to court. You are wrong though about "right wing race baiting." The race baiting started, and is largely due to the left wing racist bundits like Sharpton, Jackson, NAACP, and Obama with his "my son would look like Trayvon" stuff. The race issue is many on the left and many media outlets as well as individuals want to see this as a racial issue where a white guy killed a black kid and got off free because the shooter is white and the one killed was black. If anything the right wing was overplaying gun rights and self defense stuff.

The issue itself isn't about race, it's about self defense and a man shooting a teenager, that is what was brought to court. You are wrong though about "right wing race baiting." The race baiting started, and is largely due to the left wing racist bundits like Sharpton, Jackson, NAACP, and Obama with his "my son would look like Trayvon" stuff. The race issue is many on the left and many media outlets as well as individuals want to see this as a racial issue where a white guy killed a black kid and got off free because the shooter is white and the one killed was black. If anything the right wing was overplaying gun rights and self defense stuff.

Now that the verdict is in, 90% of the posts here from the right are about some kind of racial quality. Most of them have at their heart the interesting idea that whites suffer the most persecution ever. We've had at least 2 defending racial profiling, which is interesting since apparently that's not what Zimm did.

If it wasn't about race, why do we need that angle played?

Obama is half Black/half White.

AP is about as screwed up as Yahoo News
Obama is is black, in fact many of the black people you see today have varying shades of skin color, they are all considered black, don't use fractions to describe them.

Zimmerman is rather clearly not "white Hispanic."

This is "white Hispanic."

Apocalypse-Now-2-martin-sheen-8198597-844-425.jpg

This is "white Hispanic."

andy-garcia-smokinaces.jpg

Mixed or no, what you see below is pretty unmistakably just plain "Hispanic" in terms of racial features.

George-Zimmerman.jpg

No one in this country would immediately peg Zimmerman as being "white" if they were to simply walk past him on the street one day. The AP and MSM in general are full of crap and they know it.

Last edited:
Now that the verdict is in, 90% of the posts here from the right are about some kind of racial quality. Most of them have at their heart the interesting idea that whites suffer the most persecution ever. We've had at least 2 defending racial profiling, which is interesting since apparently that's not what Zimm did.

From what I see most are just bashing the racists and attacking the arguments of Sharpton, Jackson, and others (left or right wing) who want to turn this into a racial issue and say that blacks were discriminated against with this case. I can't speak for anyone though.

Obama is is black, in fact many of the black people you see today have varying shades of skin color, they are all considered black, don't use fractions to describe them.

Is Zimmerman white??

To Trayvon he was white and obviously was frightened when Zimmerman followed him.

Then Trayvon was either blind or making flagrantly bigoted assumptions.

Given the general attitudes expressed by his female "friend" on the witness stand, I certainly wouldn't rule out the latter.

Now that the verdict is in, 90% of the posts here from the right are about some
kind of racial quality. Most of them have at their heart the interesting idea that whites suffer the most persecution ever. We've had at least 2 defending racial profiling, which is interesting since apparently that's not what Zimm did.

Thats because we're calling Bull Sh** on the lefts attempt to turn this into racial issue.

We don't buy it, so forgive us if we're not suceptable to the race baiting from the likes of MSNBC.

Back
Top Bottom